• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate announced for Wii U/3DS, coming to West, no 3DS online

Mr. Fix

OT should be live in the next hour. Maybe.

6pwzUWP.gif

DaBoss

I take insult to that Canadian comment. >_<

And it's almost time! \o/

I have my post ready, the MH3U logo animation must make the first page.

Pineconn

Thanks. I think I'll post the text version of that section and then maybe add the images later. OT should be live in the next hour. Maybe.

Yeah, it looks like most/all monsters have the icons. You want the ones under Portable 3rd, 3G, or Ultimate. Not Tri.

I think.

Eusis

Man, have there been any unboxings or anything? At this point I feel like I'm some weirdo fixating on some minor detail no one cares abut, but I do want to know the status of the manual... and now that I think about it, the status of Club Nintendo Points as that may be an extra incentive for DD anyway.

jercruz

9 days til aussie release date...

went to EB and ask a friend working there if he can sell it to me. no dice, they dont have the game yet. heck, today is Need for speed release day and they dont have it yet ad well...

the wait is killing me... think i'll fire up tri and solo deviljho or alatreon, hope i dont kart lol...

9 days til aussie release date...

went to EB and ask a friend working there if he can sell it to me. no dice, they dont have the game yet. heck, today is Need for speed release day and they dont have it yet ad well...

the wait is killing me... think i'll fire up tri and solo deviljho or alatreon, hope i dont kart lol...

I know that feel. Hoping they break street date...

depward

Even though I have preorders at Amazon and Gamestop for both versions... hearing the Capcom Store has shipped copies makes me want to order to get in play time this weekend.

It's a sickness that I have :(

Doorman

You people are strange to me.

Just what would we be discussing in the OT that we aren't here, aside from having the google doc of NNIDs?

Hey, felt I should ask before this drops. I've always been intrigued by Monhun, but have never really gotten into it. Don't care for co-op whatsoever though, is it still worth it?

Mupod

Hopefully never, I'm too scared. :(

MH reviews aren't even worth reading as entertainment value to me. Unless me having a brain aneurysm would count as entertaining.

I am quite interested in Patrick Klepek's quick look but I'm not expecting too much. I think the GB guys are exactly the kind of people who Monster Hunter is not made for.

Hey, felt I should ask before this drops. I've always been intrigued by Monhun, but have never really gotten into it. Don't care for co-op whatsoever though, is it still worth it?

as I always say, I put hundreds of hours into this series before I ever touched the multiplayer. I still prefer solo in many ways, multi is just a different experience. Granted it's one that's fun enough that I bought a Wii U to have more of it, but I'll still solo a lot.

Hopefully never, I'm too scared. :(

Absolutely, very challenging and fun.

I only ask because everyone I've spoken to has basically evangelized the game to me as a co-op only experience (much like I've heard for the old standby, Diablo 2) but I'm no fan of it (and wasn't for D2 either)

If it's still solid as a single player game then I'll finally have a game to play on my WiiU then.

you're asking a bunch of addicts if their drug of choice is worth it :p

Who better to ask? My question isn't really if the drug is good, more like if it's still good if you snort it instead of shoot it :p

Okay, you know what bugs me about this game? The separated areas. The monster I'm fighting can be just out of my reach so that if I try to get near it I end up switching areas. Alternatively, it can knock me back just enough to push me out of the area. What the hell, mang?

Satch

Banned
SWITCH AXE FOREVER I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IT TOOK ME A COUPLE WEEKS BUT DAMNIT I DID IT

tenchir

Okay, you know what bugs me about this game? The separated areas. The monster I'm fighting can be just out of my reach so that if I try to get near it I end up switching areas. Alternatively, it can knock me back just enough to push me out of the area. What the hell, mang?

It's to give people breathing room against tough monsters. To heal, sharpen or potion up.

Hoodbury

Well I just cancelled my preorder from Newegg. :(

So I can buy it from Best Buy on launch day without having to wait for shipping. :)

It's to give people breathing room against tough monsters. To heal, sharpen or potion up.

Or in my case, to annoy me when I have to waste time waiting for a monster to stop fucking around past the edge so I can kill it. Particularly since I prefer the close combat weapons.

MH reviews aren't even worth reading as entertainment value to me. Unless me having a brain aneurysm would count as entertaining.

I am quite interested in Patrick Klepek's quick look but I'm not expecting too much. I think the GB guys are exactly the kind of people who Monster Hunter is not made for.
I don't care about reviews either, I care about the Metacritic score and copies sold. This game must debut with strong results, we need MH4. (and 5 and 6)

I only ask because everyone I've spoken to has basically evangelized the game to me as a co-op only experience (much like I've heard for the old standby, Diablo 2) but I'm no fan of it (and wasn't for D2 either)

If it's still solid as a single player game then I'll finally have a game to play on my WiiU then.
Well, it's meant to be played with other people, online or local, but you can go solo too. That's how I started playing MH!

Fewr

Who better to ask? My question isn't really if the drug is good, more like if it's still good if you snort it instead of shoot it :p

I'm (almost) blindly jumping in. If you have access to the video check it out, but be VERY PATIENT and ask questions about how stuff works in here (also, press home button and read the manual).

If you don't have access to the demo then I would recommend you wait and watch videos on youtube (I recommend the iceman videos someone els can link you to) or on twitch.

This thing is definitely not for everyone, so I think you should be a bit careful.

SWITCH AXE FOREVER I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IT TOOK ME A COUPLE WEEKS BUT DAMNIT I DID IT
I just tried out the switch axe and it feels so great. I wish it had a running charge like the hammer, but I'm really loving the combat now. Only took about 6 different weapons to ind my favorites.

I've only played MH Freedom Unite on Vita and I've already got MH3U pre-ordered for 3DS. Although I'd love to play this with others someday if I never get to play MH3U with anyone else I will still get more than my money and time out of it. So in my case I'd say it is worth getting even just to play solo.

Also, in solo mode you will have one minion/sidekick (Cha Cha) and maybe two in the full game like we had in the demo? Not sure as I never played Tri and I'm too lazy to look online... :p

DaBoss

I just wanted to come here to say goodbye thread. You shall be missed.
lol nope the OFFICIAL THREAD is here \o/

Top Bottom