• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

S2hgaT9.png

• 4 additional weapons: Hunting Horn, Bow, Gunlance, and Dual Sword. (8 vs. 12)

• 5 additional small monsters. (17 vs. 22)

• 32 additional large monsters, including new subspecies. (18 vs. 50)

• G rank (ultra-hard) online quests.

• Bowguns have been simplified and now come in pre-built Light and Heavy varieties.

xhUjfza.png

• The Wii U version has full Nintendo Network-integrated online. Voice chat is possible through the GamePad, and USB keyboards supported.

• The Wii U version can play locally with up to three other Nintendo 3DS version players.

• Online will be region-restricted at launch, however it will be made region-free (for non-Japanese versions) soon after release.

• You can sync your save file between the two versions if you own both copies of the game. After you transfer, the save file on the version you transferred from will become "locked" until you transfer back.

• The Nintendo 3DS version can't go online right now, but an app will be made available that will allow it to play online. Caveats: you have to own a Wii U (not the Wii U version, necessarily) and one of the players you're playing with online must be playing via the Wii U version.

• Of course, the Nintendo 3DS version supports up to four-player local multiplayer. It does not support Download Play (all players must own a copy of the game.)

WMGUHWq.png

vg55gLV.png
KweIiPv.png

c4RuUWE.png

1. Does this support off-TV play in the Wii U version?
    Not yet, but a patch in April is coming which will add it.

2. Zero compelling textures?!
    The Wii U version is full 1080p and runs at a variable 30 to 45 frames-per-second. Nintendo 3DS version is mostly locked at 45 frames-per-second.

3. What controllers does the Wii U version support?
    The Wii U version supports the GamePad, Wii U Pro Controller, and Wii Classic Controller/Pro. It does not include Tri's Wii Remote + Nunchuk controls.

4. Are there demos available?
    Yes, demos for both versions of the game are available. All twelve weapons from the final game are available as preconfigured hunters. The demo has two missions: an easy one against Lagombi and a harder one (which includes underwater sequences) against Plesioth. Both missions have a shorter time requirement: 20 minutes, as compared to 50 in the final game. The Wii U version demo is 890 MB, and the Nintendo 3DS version demo is 1615 blocks (about 200 MB.) Like other Wii U and Nintendo 3DS demos, they are limited to 30 uses.

5. Will both versions be available digitally on release?
    Yes, both versions will be in their respective eShops on day one.

6. How big are the digital versions?
    The Wii U version is 6.07 GB, and the Nintendo 3DS version is 14,275 blocks (1.78 GB.)

kDixlhp.png

Quote this post to see the links and server/lobby info:

View everyone's NNID · Add your NNID · North American Server Info

Every time you want to hunt online with other members, you either warp using your Friend List, or you can Create A Room in the above.

DaBoss

The OT is finally here, so that means it's time to party! Thank you based Andrex!!!

0SiJPKV.gif
monster-hunter-3-ulti51ozt.gif
0SiJPKV.gif

Think of Monster Hunter as a pseudo-fighting action game with a focus on fighting monsters larger than
you. Combat is deliberate and makes you time things like you would in a fighting game. Gathering materials,
crafting, and upgrading equipment is how you'll get stronger. You'll basically never finish the game. Think
of the game as Smash Bros in terms of single-player vs multiplayer. Single-player is fun, but multiplayer
is a hell of an experience.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Love how clean the op looks, mang. I tried the demo but couldn't get used to the controls. Maybe sometime I will get into this franchise!

Mupod

when i zone into deserted Island i feel like hulk hogan
i feel that crowd roaring, the lights flashin
fireworks go off and i shake the ropes
i rip my shirt off and felynes go crazy, i stroke my mustache and they wish my hands were theirs
i wanna run wild all over some monsters
whatcha gonna do brother?
thats what i said to plesioth

then i leg dropped him

heck yeah brother, this is why i play Monster Hunter

j22k7Q4Pm5rsy.jpg

oneils

Would love to play this game. Not sure I want to fork over 450 bucks for it, though.

But to those of you have made the plunge, grats! Have fun! I look forward to some good streams.

Satch

Banned
okay so i said i wasnt going to buy a wii u yet but i really wanted to play this online with you guys sooooo...

i bought a wii u x_x

FUCK

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Halabane

Tried both demos and really can't get used to the controls.

Never had a demo convince me to cancel a preorder before, till today. Don't know if its just a bad demo that capcon put out or there is a reason this game has never done well outside of Japan.

Really disappointed. Wanted to like this game. My wii-u continues to gather dust.

Filth

fucking a. i told myself i was not gonna buy the wii u... i bought a 3ds to play this game.... but after owning tri on wii and playing with the same group of guys freom gaf every night... im thinking about biting for the wii u.... i cant MAKE UP MY MIND~~~ i wanna play online so bad.

tenchir

NNID: Tenchir

We need a main list instead of hunting through this thread for people NNIDs.

edit: Didn't see the link. Add me to the list.

I'll be playing it on Wii U. Lots of live streaming, lots of YouTube uploading and tutorials. Feel free to add me. My NNID is ecunanan. My hunter's name will be the same.

Yeah, anyone want to set up a Google docs thing for GAF NNIDs?

Doorman

Hooray! Time to invade this thread for the next year or so. I'll be adding people from the Google doc in the next day or so, though for convenience's sake if you don't want to wade through that, feel free to add DoormanAtLarge.

*Also feels unusually proud about the topic title*

Emitan

Unfortunately I'm having money troubles so I won't be getting the 3DS version. Now my imported circle pad pro is worthless :(

DaBoss

Think of Monster Hunter as a pseudo-fighting action game with a focus on fighting monsters larger than
you. Combat is deliberate and makes you time things like you would in a fighting game. Gathering materials,
crafting, and upgrading equipment is how you'll get stronger. You'll basically never finish the game. Think
of the game as Smash Bros in terms of single-player vs multiplayer. Single-player is fun, but multiplayer
is a hell of an experience.

Ready to go on 3DS... no U though, so my adventure will be a solo one.

Same here...for now.

Mupod

I'm still pissed I can't have a 5 letter NNID. I hope my ingame name shows up as what I named my hunter and not the NNID. Either way it's in the spreadsheet.

Tried both demos and really can't get used to the controls.

Never had a demo convince me to cancel a preorder before, till today. Don't know if its just a bad demo that capcon put out or there is a reason this game has never done well outside of Japan.

Really disappointed. Wanted to like this game. My wii-u continues to gather dust.

Well, somebody had to be first.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i-got-this.jpg

I'm still pissed I can't have a 5 letter NNID. I hope my ingame name shows up as what I named my hunter and not the NNID. Either way it's in the spreadsheet.

Well, somebody had to be first.

Your in-game hunter name is different from NNID, but you can switch between the two when you play online.

Tuck

I was gonna buy this for 3DS.

But if tis getting patched to support off TV support... I may wait till I get a Wii U.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Tempted to buy a Wii U for this, but no funds at the moment. Will wait til Pikmin 3 comes out to join the Mon Hun crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom