• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Delivered on: Friday, March 6, 2015
Thanks for shopping at Amazon.

I can't wait for the work day to end now, so I can get home and start slaying some monsters. This is going to be a good weekend.

My copy came in today too from Amazon!

Can't wait. Absolutely love this series.

Ken

anybody playing this on an original 3DS?

Trying to figure out if I should just buy the game or wait and think about upgrading to a new 3ds xl

I played vanilla on a regular 3DS and currently 4G on a 3DS XL. It's perfectly fine on either.

Sucks being in High Rank since I like charm farming but there's not really a lot of good spots (or charms it looks like) where I am right now.

OmegaFax

If you are looking to do any low rank quests over the weekend shoot me a message. It sounds like we will be around the same HR. Also enjoy!

Same here. I just got to HR2 today and I've had the game since it came out. Not really planning to set the world on fire but hoping to get to HR4 so I can get that neat Zelda gear.

3U - different monster sets, different areas. It's also actually more friendly than 4U for soloing, as you can do all the online stuff explicitly solo, so all the games quests are accessible for you regardless of how much you can/do/enjoy mp.

Really I don't think you can go wrong playing MFHU, 3U, and 4U.

They all offer something slightly different.
4U feels like the spiritual successor to Freedom Unite in many ways, I don't think I'd recommend FU to somebody now that this game exists.

I need some armor advice. I use the charge blade and am currently at HR5+ and caravan 5. My gear is a hodgepodge of various items so I decided to build a set.

Rath Heart is currently the highest teir I have access to, so I started with that; I currently have 2 items. I looked up the armor bonuses and it has +1 to adrenaline, fire atk, & windproof (h). I'm starting to think that was a bad choice. What do you think?

Lasdrub

Can anyone help me with the Dalamadur urgent? People keep triple carting and it's hard to find a group that will stick it out. I'll definitely pass it on to others who need help with it, too!

Join if you need it and we'll take turns or join if you are a nice person who will help me out.

55-8475-3409-7347

Kinsei

Banned
I need some armor advice. I use the charge blade and am currently at HR5+ and caravan 5. My gear is a hodgepodge of various items so I decided to build a set.

Rath Heart is currently the highest teir I have access to, so I started with that; I currently have 2 items. I looked up the armor bonuses and it has +1 to adrenaline, fire atk, & windproof (h). I'm starting to think that was a bad choice. What do you think?

Adrenaline is nice, but overall that set is pretty bad. For high rank I;d recommend Velociprey S, Tigrex S, and Mono S.

Can anyone help me with the Dalamadur urgent? People keep triple carting and it's hard to find a group that will stick it out. I'll definitely pass it on to others who need help with it, too!

Join if you need it and we'll take turns or join if you are a nice person who will help me out.

55-8475-3409-7347

I'll join (I'm Elise in game).

NotLiquid

Girlfriend got me a copy of this game so I could play with her and it's my first time trying to get into the series proper. I tried it back when I got MH3U for our Wii U but it didn't end up clicking with me fully at the time. I think I'm starting to get into MH a bit more now on the other hand. Getting accustomed to the controls is hard though, feels like most of the difficulty at the moment comes from getting a grasp on them. I can't optimally use the nub on my N3DS.

So far I'm quite enjoying the Insect Glaive, Long Sword and Switch Axe.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Reached the Volcanic Hollow!

Feels sort of familiar

Scher

I don't know what it is about Ash Ketchum, but that stupid blue monkey causes me a lot more problems than monsters that are much more mechanically difficult. Going through all the 10* quests that get unlocked from doing G-rank, and Seregios didn't really cause me any issues. Ash monkey, however, I just can't seem to make a whole lot of sense of and I don't know why this thing is more difficult to me than Seregios.

Lasdrub

By some miracle I won after my internet messed up and kicked everyone off. Thank you SO much to those who joined. I owe you guys some help.

I was so excited about you guys joining that I forgot to eat... and then I fainted after complaining that I couldn't complete it because other people kept fainting.

Kinsei

Banned
By some miracle I won after my internet messed up and kicked everyone off. Thank you SO much to those who joined. I owe you guys some help.

I was so excited about you guys joining that I forgot to eat... and then I fainted after complaining that I couldn't complete it because other people kept fainting.

I managed to kill it after the DC too. Would you mind joining a room for mine?

Is there any way to get more Super Mushrooms?

Not yet. The DLC that gives them out will be out April 3rd.

Kinsei

Banned
My connection dropped EVERYONE. But I was able to complete it thanks to the hard work everyone did before that happened. Make a room so that I can help you!

Dalamadur
45-7715-4082-9546
Password: 8825

I plan on farming this thing afterwards for the CB so if any of you need materials feel free to join!

SuperSah

Banned
If you are looking to do any low rank quests over the weekend shoot me a message. It sounds like we will be around the same HR. Also enjoy!

Sounds good!

Most likely will try out the online in a couple of hours to see how it plays in the full game and if it brings back my old Tri memories, lol.

Card Boy

Banned
I doubled my Armour value went from Nerscyllas set to Tetsucabra S set.

971b6a365378b00577f6d52809dde75476a75fe8bca29638e599095b112b262f.jpg

Whats the stats on Links Blademaster Armour set and Master Sword?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I just can't beat high-rank Zinogre. Even on the Zinogre/Basarios quest where his health is reduced. Even there, I burn through all my healing stuff and triple cart. What the hell. And if I burn through all my healing stuff just dealing with Zinogre, I don't have ANY hope of beating both of them. *sigh*

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I'm like "My gunner could use some evasion skills" and I see this Nargacuga armor that is badass looking. So I'm like "cool, I think I can make this" and I start getting all the mats. Seems like it may be coming a bit late, but it could still be cool for early HR except OH WAIT you need pearl hide, which only comes from a HR Khezu, which isn't until C8 or HR4, meaning the armor will be pretty outdated even if you use armor spheres. It has evasion, sure, but if I make some of these S or U armors, I'll have literally 100 more defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom