• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn, I can barely hit him in the head because he moves around so much. Fuck everything about this.

I think I'd have an easier time capturing him for the feelers.

Are you doing the caravan or gathering hall quest with Gore Magala? The gathering hall quest will take longer to complete, and definitely is the way to go if you're killing him too fast. Bring a pitfall trap along to keep him immobilized and low to the ground. Wailing on him while he's down will get you most of the way (mounting can work too as long as you don't do too much damage).

Faiz

Seregios down on the first meeting and only used two megas! :D

also carted twice and he died in a shock trap as I was throwing the second tranq

Elija2

Are you doing the caravan or gathering hall quest with Gore Magala? The gathering hall quest will take longer to complete, and definitely is the way to go if you're killing him too fast. Bring a pitfall trap along to keep him immobilized and low to the ground. Wailing on him while he's down will get you most of the way (mounting can work too as long as you don't do too much damage).

I think the gathering hall quest might be a bit too hard for me to solo and I don't want to worry about other players messing me up.

I think I'll just let him go whenever he tries to escape so that he can heal up a bit.

Alrus

So I wasn't planning to buy this before finishing MM3D but I couldn't resist, Majora will have to wait a few months.

Started with the bow as usual (which apparently is not a great idea because low rank bow are meh but I just enjoy it too much). Got the Velociprey set, I'm not sure if there's a better low rank set for bow users, and indeed all the low rank bows seem kinda meh so far.

I'm up to Zamtrios in the "story", so far the only monter that really gave me trouble was Nerscylla. I hate spiders :/ And now I have to fight 2 of them at the same time, I'm not sure I'm mentally ready for that.

I'm quite rusty with the game, I don't remember feeling so "lost" when playing MH3U.

PrankT

Argh, was working toward a Horn that needs some molten tigrex parts and just now found out that you need to be HR50 to unlock him.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy fuck I actually did it. I gunned the Zinogre/Gravios quest and cleared it. And didn't cart once. Sure it took 38 minutes and I ran through a ton of ammo and a couple barrel bombs, but I fucking did it.

Numb

Holy fuck I actually did it. I gunned the Zinogre/Gravios quest and cleared it. And didn't cart once. Sure it took 38 minutes and I ran through a ton of ammo and a couple barrel bombs, but I fucking did it.

Nice. been sitting here for an hour for someone to join my urgent.
Why arent urgents like keys where you do them by participatng instead of you choosing.

co1onel

So I wasn't planning to buy this before finishing MM3D but I couldn't resist, Majora will have to wait a few months.

Started with the bow as usual (which apparently is not a great idea because low rank bow are meh but I just enjoy it too much). Got the Velociprey set, I'm not sure if there's a better low rank set for bow users, and indeed all the low rank bows seem kinda meh so far.

I'm up to Zamtrios in the "story", so far the only monter that really gave me trouble was Nerscylla. I hate spiders :/ And now I have to fight 2 of them at the same time, I'm not sure I'm mentally ready for that.

I'm quite rusty with the game, I don't remember feeling so "lost" when playing MH3U.
Use the nerscylla bow to sleep bomb and you can kill faster than any melee weapon at low rank.
Argh, was working toward a Horn that needs some molten tigrex parts and just now found out that you need to be HR50 to unlock him.
You can unlock the village one without being hr50.

Elija2

Well, my last plan totally didn't work. Gave the Gore Magala 10 minutes to heal up and it still only took me a couple hits to take him down.

Fuck it, I'm taking a different weapon upgrade path.

Thanks to those who did the Triforce quest with me earlier today, sorry i had to go after one, family stuff came up! Happy to play with you all anytime!

TheGrue

So I'm like "My gunner could use some evasion skills" and I see this Nargacuga armor that is badass looking. So I'm like "cool, I think I can make this" and I start getting all the mats. Seems like it may be coming a bit late, but it could still be cool for early HR except OH WAIT you need pearl hide, which only comes from a HR Khezu, which isn't until C8 or HR4, meaning the armor will be pretty outdated even if you use armor spheres. It has evasion, sure, but if I make some of these S or U armors, I'll have literally 100 more defense.

I ran into this and solved it by using lobster armor which you build from the cat fishing minigame. I used the chest and feet from lobster. Then put a bunch of evasion gems in to get to Evasion 15.

Kyzon

Sorry for the late reply, was in the middle of mission.
My room is ID is: 35-5881-7335-8182 if you still want to join or anyone else.

Edit: for Link's armour farming join.

Can we kick Robbaman after this one? That guy's being a jerk, lol. Went and grabbed 2 first-aids instead of one.

Edit: and Thomas? lol

Apparently he doesn't understand not hitting those who mount

Are LBGs only really worth it if you are going to use elemental shots?

I was using an LBG on a dual Rathian quest and it was taking a really long time to kill them compared to using melee weapons. In this case I was mainly using Normal 2 and a bit of Pellet 2.

If I'm going to use raw shots I suppose I should use HBGs instead?

Seil

Are LBGs only really worth it if you are going to use elemental shots?

I was using an LBG on a dual Rathian quest and it was taking a really long time to kill them compared to using melee weapons. In this case I was mainly using Normal 2 and a bit of Pellet 2.

If I'm going to use raw shots I suppose I should use HBGs instead?

Pretty much. LBG shines with elemental damage and at applying status through its rapid mechanic. The Seregios LBG could be fun, though, since it rapid fires normal 2 and slicing. And it reloads on dodge. So... shoot, shoot, hop right, hop left, shoot, shoot =p Could keep up due to sheer uptime.

HBG is generally the go-to for raw damage, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Pretty much. LBG shines with elemental damage and at applying status through its rapid mechanic. The Seregios LBG could be fun, though, since it rapid fires normal 2 and slicing. And it reloads on dodge. So... shoot, shoot, hop right, hop left, shoot, shoot =p Could keep up due to sheer uptime.

HBG is generally the go-to for raw damage, though.

I've got a nice LBG that rapid fires Normal 2 and Crag 1. I don't really rely too much on elemental with it. Rapid fire Crag does insane damage, and the Normal 2 rapid is really nice too.

Seil

While mounting Brute Tigrex, he was flailing around like mad per usual and then he rode me into a door to another zone. I appeared in the next zone, but Tigrex didn't follow; Thus losing me my mount. :(

They really need to fix that, getting thrown to another map after a successful mount -.- and failing a mount to a ledge/wall.... "Yay I mou-..... freakin' ledge" in the future x.x

Seil

Would it be worth getting this game if I was mostly playing solo? Or is it more fun with coop?

There's a ton to do solo. You can even do the gathering hall stuff solo, though it's scaled for multiplayer.

Some people actually prefer solo play, but I think both are fun. It's easy to find people since you can play with randoms or find people here on GAF, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom