• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Protip for Akantor: bring adamant seeds.

Akantor can apply a status effect that greatly reduces your defense. You'll know you've been affected when there's a stinky smoke coming out of your body. There will also be an icon next to your name that looks like a shield with two red arrows pointing down. Take an adamant seed to get rid of the status effect.

I've seen too many randoms get near one-shotted 'cause their defense was reduced.

Elija2

If I use decorations to increase my resistance to an element, will I have to reach a certain threshold for it to count like I do with skills?

If I use decorations to increase my resistance to an element, will I have to reach a certain threshold for it to count like I do with skills?

All decorations are for skills and therefore all work on the threshold system.

You'll get a skill like "Fire Res Up" or something like that.

I just can't beat high-rank Zinogre. Even on the Zinogre/Basarios quest where his health is reduced. Even there, I burn through all my healing stuff and triple cart. What the hell. And if I burn through all my healing stuff just dealing with Zinogre, I don't have ANY hope of beating both of them. *sigh*
What armor are you wearing? And how aggressive are you playing towards him?

R0ckman

Oh what the hell was watching a stream where someone said bombs dont help with rajangs horns so I never bothered. Dammit all that time wasted. How do you make G Bombs?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I wonder what weapon as well. I love Zinogre, but he leaves himself open a ton. If you're being blasted by things like Zin's tail slap, or his enraged body slam, you just need more practice.

Beats

Just unlocked Honing for my weapon, but I'm not sure what to pick as a Heavy Bowgunner.

How significant is the healing from the Life option?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I wonder what weapon as well. I love Zinogre, but he leaves himself open a ton. If you're being blasted by things like Zin's tail slap, or his enraged body slam, you just need more practice.

It's fine now, I got him. Calmed down and took my time. Still went through more healing stuff than I'd like, but hey. Now I just need to take down Gravios before time up so this isn't a waste of time. :lol

(Rath Heart armor and Los dual blades, by the way.)

tuffy

Welp. I'm mad it made me auto fail the 8* capture the offline Rathian due to spoilers.

I could've handled that shit.
It is pretty funny how that plays out.
"Ohnoez, new monster is too dangerous, auto-abandon."
Next quest:
"Go hunt new monster."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nope, didn't complete the quest. Carted twice on Gravios and just decided to end via subquest. There's no way I could have taken Gravios down in the time that was left using DB. There's barely any areas on him you can effectively hit with DB. I was barely landing any hits at all.

Fuck. I don't know how I'm going to clear this quest, and the armor I want is locked behind it, too (it's a Wycoon mission that increases trade materials).

Nope, didn't complete the quest. Carted twice on Gravios and just decided to end via subquest. There's no way I could have taken Gravios down in the time that was left using DB. There's barely any areas on him you can effectively hit with DB. I was barely landing any hits at all.

Fuck. I don't know how I'm going to clear this quest, and the armor I want is locked behind it, too (it's a Wycoon mission that increases trade materials).

Is it offline? If not, I can help.

I'm not sure if Capcom needs to fire or promote whoever decided
Seregios on a boat
was a good idea.

Probably the same guy who thought Gore on a boat at night was a good idea. My eyesight isn't the best. I had to squint during that entire fight.

ChrisD

People need to play Single-Player more... My brother included. I've heard nothing from him but, "Akantor is so easy." Asked him to help me beat the Zelda Akantor quest and he died to the hyper beam twice. The super telegraphed hyper beam. He said that it hurt him during superman dive on both accounts, but all I hear is, "I've been in four player lobbies a lot and don't actually know this monster." I came in between the two deaths to round out the loss, so I'm not 100% in the clear, but ugh.

It just bugs me because he's easier than in Unite, and we rocked that version. But we also played all of Unite either as single player, or just us two. Now he's become accustomed to full-on four player lobbies where things go down in three minutes. He even commented on a Zinogre taking "forever" when six minutes had passed.

Tried an online lobby against Akantor earlier as well. Some guy took two carts from hyper beam and I was out of there. I've already lost 30% of my supplies today, no need to lose any more.

I'm not getting this Zelda set until I get my own G-Rank, am I.

Prototype

Ya talking about the G Rank Gravios / b. Tigrex quest?

I still need that one as well.

Shengar

Probably the same guy who thought Gore on a boat at night was a good idea. My eyesight isn't the best. I had to squint during that entire fight.
When do you want to start farming Seregios? Need more lens for all of my Seregios weapons.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

If it were online I wouldn't be trying to solo it. :lol

I don't know...only other thing I can think of is trying to gun it. I used to gun Gravios and Diablos all the time back in MHFU. I know Pierce S. wrecks his shit. But I don't know that I can gun Zinogre too. My LBG is good enough for HR, but my gunner armor might not be up to it (Velocidrome S). Gah.

Ya talking about the G Rank Gravios / b. Tigrex quest?

I still need that one as well.

HR Zinogre/Gravios.

But when I do I end up killing him.

Ah, same problem an earlier guy was having. My advice is to do what I did. Only attack his tail. Unless he's pissed off. Then only attack his feelers.

Do this and you'll get both. Well, assuming you're not using high rank stuff on him. I wasn't at the time. I'd probably kill him too quickly with the above strategy now.

Ricky 7

Make a room. I'll help ya out

Note: I've never fought the monkey, lol
Sorry for the late reply, was in the middle of mission.
My room is ID is: 35-5881-7335-8182 if you still want to join or anyone else.

Edit: for Link's armour farming join.

Elija2

Goddamn, I can barely hit him in the head because he moves around so much. Fuck everything about this.

I think I'd have an easier time capturing him for the feelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom