• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
I managed to craft the Dalamadur charge blade and upgrade it to the second stage! I lucked out and got 2 shattered omens on my final run.

When is the final HR7 quest unlocked? HR100?

Had my first online game.

Can I not use the keyboard during a game?

No. You have custom messages, but they must be created while in the gathering hall. In the gathering hall you can use the keyboard to chat though.

That + voice chat are things I would like to see them add for future MH titles.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lmao I needed some g.jaggi hide so I played the first mission where you hunt one, cleared it in 1'38"

he didn't even get a chance to call other jaggis

As a GS user, I don't understand Najarala. I feel like he could do a sweep attack at any time from any distance and ruin my level 3 charges. D:

Lasdrub

I had lots of fun playing with you guys. This is the first time I've played with GAF rather than random groups. I want to get further in the game and get better equipment so that I can help people out.

I managed to craft the Dalamadur charge blade and upgrade it to the second stage! I lucked out and got 2 shattered omens on my final run.

When is the final HR7 quest unlocked? HR100?

Congrats! Sorry I couldn't help as much as I wanted. It's tough to make commitments with a new puppy.

What are some good items to craft for mixed sets?

I'm noticing that a lot of sets with Honed Blade include the Furious Rajang chest and waist so I'm thinking of working on those next.

What's the deal with resting/training cats? Is there a stat I'm supposed to see that lets me know they are fatigued or something? Is there a reason not to just always have the two cats I have with me all the time?

Ridley327

As a GS user, I don't understand Najarala. I feel like he could do a sweep attack at any time from any distance and ruin my level 3 charges. D:

You're better off focusing on the hind legs to stagger him down, and then you can get your charges in. They didn't give you new moves for nothing!

Seil

What's the deal with resting/training cats? Is there a stat I'm supposed to see that lets me know they are fatigued or something? Is there a reason not to just always have the two cats I have with me all the time?

Enthusiasm goes down when they train and such. Resting recovers it. Eating also recovers enthusiasm, at least for the ones you have deployed.

Each of your first stringers influences your main palico. If you have two healing palicoes, your main will gain a healing skill. Every healer past that adds another skill.

Doing this also influences the behavior. If you have more healing palicoes, it'll behave differently than if you have a balance or primarily fighting palicoes.

Edit: You can find this and more information via the Help button in the lower left corner at a palico board. Or from the Hunter's Notes in your start menu.

You're better off focusing on the hind legs to stagger him down, and then you can get your charges in. They didn't give you new moves for nothing!

Good idea, I'll try that next time. I don't remember hitting the legs being a thing in 3U. Is that a new feature?

Btw, doing HR5 key quests if anyone wants to join.

Gathering Hall ID: 42-9411-5742-4133
Pass: 0000

Mupod

lmao I needed some g.jaggi hide so I played the first mission where you hunt one, cleared it in 1'38"

he didn't even get a chance to call other jaggis

it's my goal in every game to try and make a GS set that can kill him in one hit

Juraash

Akantor and Teostra keys annihilated solo. Think I'll tackle Kushala next since he's probably the bigger pain of my remaining key quests. Teostra has become one of my favorite monsters to fight, he has some great openings to land some big charges/combos.

So excited to actually be this close to seeing g-rank. For all the hours I've put into this series, I never quite get to G.

Kinsei

Banned
I had lots of fun playing with you guys. This is the first time I've played with GAF rather than random groups. I want to get further in the game and get better equipment so that I can help people out.

Congrats! Sorry I couldn't help as much as I wanted. It's tough to make commitments with a new puppy.

It's fine.

rpmurphy

Randoms can't hunt Gold Rathian... no one except me brings lifepowders or other group healing items for when people are about to be carted. :(

Kinsei

Banned
Are the DLC gold and Silver quests harder than the regular HR7 ones? That's the only reason I can think of that justifies their existence.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I ran into this and solved it by using lobster armor which you build from the cat fishing minigame. I used the chest and feet from lobster. Then put a bunch of evasion gems in to get to Evasion 15.
LOOOOOOOL I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous looking outfit I've ever seen. As a fashion hunter I cannot accept it as a solution. I think I'll make due with a G.Jaggi S outfit or something and enjoy reload speed.

Pretty much. LBG shines with elemental damage and at applying status through its rapid mechanic. The Seregios LBG could be fun, though, since it rapid fires normal 2 and slicing. And it reloads on dodge. So... shoot, shoot, hop right, hop left, shoot, shoot =p Could keep up due to sheer uptime.

HBG is generally the go-to for raw damage, though.

Makes sense. I tried using a HBG and my kill time was a bit better with Normal and Crag shots. But it's really really slow. I feels like Evade Distance Up is a requirement in order to use it effectively due to fast monsters preventing you from maintaining proper critical distance.

The Monster Hunter 4G dex for Windows. There's an Android version too I think.

Thank you.

rpmurphy

The worst is when you see someone about to cart and you start to go for the Lifepowder and don't quite make it in time. =/
Worse than that is using up a lifepowder when the guy uses a max potion at the same time.

And oh god, joined another room where two of them ate for Unlucky Cat. This is gonna suck. D:

ohlawd

damn lol, knew it

when people start pinging against Teostra, that's to signal he's doing his supernova. remember that for next time ;o

Kinsei

Banned
Worse than that is using up a lifepowder when the guy uses a max potion at the same time.

And oh god, joined another room where two of them ate for Unlucky Cat. This is gonna suck. D:

They could bring along ancient potions to mitigate the effects of unlucky cat. That's what I do if I end up getting it when going for lucky cat/ultra lucky cat.

la_briola

I made a new armor set for my Seregios GS (Rogue Sedition) and it's not as ugly as the last one.
Need to farm some apex monsters to hone the weapon though.

zlCfzTFWSAcFCDAUhB

Attack Up (M)
Sheath Control
Critical Draw
Focus

The advantage against my Cera Cymmetry (Diablos GS) armor set is: every draw attack is a crit.

I lose some damage, 10 purple sharpness (20 before) and LightEater (which I love), but the weapon is self sharpening.
In the end it may be the better set. Not sure... yet.

Cerity

Would it be worth getting this game if I was mostly playing solo? Or is it more fun with coop?

The entirety of my own progression has been solo. Playing online takes the sense of progression and satisfaction away from me as the fights tend to be so chaotic that I don't learn the monsters. That and the fights are usually over way too quick. One fight away from the HR7 Urgent now.

Happy to jump online on do stuff like the event quests or help other people out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom