• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Is it worth grinding for the seregios weapons? They seem godly for where I'm at and it's got me wondering if there's some hidden catch.
The hidden catch os that you need at least Razor Sharp to make them ultra useful. Also they don't have elemental damage and low affinity. All of that isn't comparable to the benefits though, being weapons with purple sharpness that easy to upgrade, high raw damage, and its special properties being able to restore sharpness by rolling. Seregios SA is an absolute beast.

Cerity

S.Magala time! this one will be interesting to solo.

Actually looking through my charms, I've also got Charmer +6/Status +3/ 3 slots, Whim +9 and magical Water Res +1/Combo Rate -10 and Evasion +1/Sense -10.

_Isaac

Man, that Tetsucabra was tough. I actually failed once. :eek:
First time I ever saw that cart animation you guys were talking about.

deim0s

Ok that G-rank Rathian and Red Khezu quest is a bitch!

Rathian I could put her down fast... less than 15 minutes, but Red Khezu's shock trap and slam combo is the most annoying thing i felt soloing. Drags my quest time an additional 20min just for her alone.

My hit-list (more of a speed bump, but seriously fuck these guys):
Rhenoplos
Konchu
Pink Rathian
Red Khezu

Edit: got a mantle from Rathian - but her cousin won't be off my list.

Shengar

Ok that G-rank Rathian and Red Khezu is a bitch!

Rathian I could put her down fast... but Red Khezu's shock trap and slam combo is the most annoying thing i felt soloing.

My hit-list (more of a speed bump, but seriously fuck these guys):
Rhenoplos
Konchu
Pink Rathian
Red Khezu
That first two
For me, I would add -preys to that list

Can anyone please help me with my HR6 urgent? I've done it for randoms 800 times but I can't find any when I need to do it.

The hall ID is 54-3271-1581-1156

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So basically when fighting frenzy Zinogre, you have to stay at the edge of the stage, because if he manages to hit you with one of his slam paws (which is easy with that rush leap), he can combo you, because even if you manage to get up (from the second one which is basically guaranteed) and run away immediately, he outpaces you with the rush for the second set of slam paws and knocks you out.

Okay...

zogged

Certain Seregios weapons are better than others. Gaijin Hunter breaks them down nicely here.

I have the LBG, which is amazing and the Gunlance. I don't have a Razor Sharp set yet for the Gunlance, so it's a little underwhelming trying to keep that sharpness up. Seregios LBG plays like an entirely different weapon basically with single shot reloads with every dodge and roll. I really want to try out the Switch Axe as well. I evade a lot with it and that raw damage output with Power phail looks sweet. And those Hunting Horn songs.. yeah.. Seregios makes a lot of good weapons.

Sweet, cheers for the info. I might end up going for the switch axe and glaive. Thanks for the link to Gaijin Hunter too, between that and kiranico I shouldn't have too many more issues.

My best charm was one I got while farming Dalamadur. Evade + 6 Attack +4

I could probably use this to get AUXL, Adrenaline +2 and Evasion +1 on my Mono S set.

Auto-Guard. Can't be bothered to learn how to time my shield and auto-guard has saved me from thousands of attacks.

+4 Fast Charge, + 8 Attack; 2 slot; Rare 7; all my Rare 10 suck.

I think I've calmed down from the randoms making me rage.

All my charms are equally bad right now. Dead serious.

Expert +9 and hearing +1 or something lol. Fits right in with my nerscylla armour.

Running around with Critical eye +3 thanks to it which can go up to +4 depending on what weapon I'm using.

+8 speed gather or +8 transporter, nothing else of use atm lol

edit: is there a High rank Garuga quest in gathering hall? just got to HR5 and want to make its set.

Garbage skill + 1 OOO

Attack+11 with three slots. Combined with Regios X set, I able to rocking with Attack Up XL which make cutting tail an easy job. Other lesser on is Handicraft+7 with Hearing+4, but I doesn't have the gem yet to maximize its potential.

Probably my 7 evade 2 slot talisman
So everybody has good charms but Kyzon. Gotta fix that somehow. I myself have a sharpener +6, Stamina +6 with 1 slot.

Kyzon

So everybody has good charms but Kyzon. Gotta fix that somehow. I myself have a sharpener +6, Stamina +6 with 1 slot.

Well I have a Sharpness+2, Bomb Boost +9 one, but that's only good with my blast blight weapons or if I'm specifically sleep bombing monsters.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Strategy worked. Completely cheesed it because fuck that noise. I got a second plate, too. Booyah!

HeeHo

Is anyone playing the event quests? I was able to farm Hero's Sword but it's kinda useless without free element. I don't have any armor with that skill either. I am able to survive pretty well but there's always that one guy who thinks everything is going to be okay and doesn't heal enough and dies at the end of the 3 part enemy quest.

PKrockin

Is there anyway to donate items for caravan points? What's the best way to amass points?
I have more points than I know what to do with just from picking up monsters' shiny drops, finding account items from mining, and going on an occasional expedition. It's not nearly in as short supply as zenny is for me.

upandaway

Heh heh heh heh heh. I still got it, I tell you. Just did Rathian with a hammer with 0 damage and 100% head hits.

Didn't expect it to go that perfectly. Haven't fought her since 3U. I still got it man.

Looking at my monster to-do list, I gotta fight brute tigrex a few times and seregios to grab more mats to make his lbg. Not sure though if I want to do it on the caravan or wait to do it in the guild hall.

Ken

Easiest is probably to polish and then convert excavated equipment you are not going to use.

Is that from expeditions? How do you convert to points?

I have more points than I know what to do with just from picking up monsters' shiny drops, finding account items from mining, and going on an occasional expedition. It's not nearly in as short supply as zenny is for me.

I'll trade you zeni for your points lol.

PKrockin

I forgot but do you keep the items you've obtained when you fail a quest?
Yeah, your whole inventory goes back with you to town when you succeed or fail a quest. If you abandon the quest your inventory reverts to what it was before you left town.

Disc? What 3ds do you own? You from the future?
The far future of 2013 when MH3U launched on Wii U.

Does anyone know if the digital version of MH3U has any performance differences from the disc version?
The load times are faster than on disc.

Firehead

Alright. I randomly ended up with a copy of this game two days ago. I haven't been able to put it down since then. I tried to get into previous Monster Hunter games and none of them were 'clicking' with me.
This one, I dunno. It's hitting all the right notes.

I just got to Harth and killed Tetsucabra and now... things have started kicking my ass pretty hard.
Gonna start upgrading my equipment now; I'm still using my basic armour and a bone horn+.

Valus

Alright. I randomly ended up with a copy of this game two days ago. I haven't been able to put it down since then. I tried to get into previous Monster Hunter games and none of them were 'clicking' with me.
This one, I dunno. It's hitting all the right notes.

I just got to Harth and killed Tetsucabra and now... things have started kicking my ass pretty hard.
Gonna start upgrading my equipment now; I'm still using my basic armour and a bone horn+.

Nice man! You could go for Tetsucabra's set, it's great for new hunters because it gives additional HP and defense bonuses. Unfortunately I don't know crap about horns except they are a godsend in multiplayer, so I can't really help you there. Don't forget to play with GAF!

No fps changes? The framerate seems pretty jank on the wiiu, I was wondering if it was weird loading issues, but if its just zone transitions, eh.
If I remember right the only real offender on the wii u version of 3U was in the deserted island and that was in one spot, area 4 if I remember right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom