• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juraash

Man Kushala is a pain in the ass. I was afraid I wouldn't get enough solid openings to win against him in solo guild hall, turns out I was right. Not totally sure how to proceed at this point. That was my first failed quest in this game. Super disappointed in myself with that one.

rpmurphy

They could bring along ancient potions to mitigate the effects of unlucky cat. That's what I do if I end up getting it when going for lucky cat/ultra lucky cat.
Somehow managed to win without anyone carting... lol. Although close to mass carting at one point. I think this was a miracle.

ohlawd

holy shit did you guys see that?

I was right under Teostra when he did his supernova. just laying there like I'm getting a freaking suntan

Edit: YO, Evade Dist +8, Stamina +3 with 3 slots wtf

Kinsei

Banned
Someone was asking earlier about the Gravios + Black Gravios and Azure + Pink arena quests and I gave them the wrong info. It turns out I didn't have them yet (I thought I did) and I got them after my Dalamadur urgent. So yeah, that's how you get them.

la_briola

I need to stop... just got another idea for a GS set (with Cera Cymmetry).

Diablos Helm X
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Miralis Drogues
-----------------
+8 Sheathing, +1 Normal Up OOO
-----------------
2x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
2x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1
-----------------

That would give me:

Honed Blade
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

That might be the best set I can build (with my charms).
It only crits on 80% (if that's how the game does math) of all draw attacks and can't stun, but the amount of RAW damage is just insane.

Gonna go to sleep now, I need to stop!

I need to stop... just got another idea for a GS set (with Cera Cymmetry).

Diablos Helm X
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
Miralis Drogues
-----------------
+8 Sheathing, +1 Normal Up OOO
-----------------
2x Charger Jewel 3
2x Draw Jewel 2
2x Charger Jewel 1
1x Draw Jewel 1
-----------------

That would give me:

Honed Blade
Quick Sheath
Focus
Critical Draw

That might be the best set I can build (with my charms).
It only crits on 80% (if that's how the game does math) of all draw attacks and can't stun, but the amount of RAW damage is just insane.

Gonna go to sleep now, I need to stop!

That's amazing O_O

Kard8p3

So I know we have an IRC for MH4U, but have you guys thought about getting a mumble or something? Would give us more options to talk during a hunt if needed.

burgerdog

You must not have gotten the items you need. You need the first item a weapon or armor piece requires before it shows up at the blacksmith.

That's surprising, I know that's how it works but I can craft the full armor set. Oh wait, derp, I think I need HR Seregios pieces from the caravan. All my current pieces are from g rank.

Kinsei

Banned
That's surprising, I know that's how it works but I can craft the full armor set. Oh wait, derp, I think I need HR Seregios pieces from the caravan. All my current pieces are from g rank.

Yeah, that's it. Most (all?) Seregios weapons have to be upgraded to G rank from high rank.

Shengar

So guys what's your best charm your rocking so far?
Attack+11 with three slots. Combined with Regios X set, I able to rocking with Attack Up XL which make cutting tail an easy job. Other lesser on is Handicraft+7 with Hearing+4, but I doesn't have the gem yet to maximize its potential.

zogged

Is it worth grinding for the seregios weapons? They seem godly for where I'm at and it's got me wondering if there's some hidden catch.

Mupod

Got all the Dahren parts I needed...then suddenly realized I needed Accolades for each piece. I guess I can farm molten tigrex 4 more times...bleh

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is it worth grinding for the seregios weapons? They seem godly for where I'm at and it's got me wondering if there's some hidden catch.

Certain Seregios weapons are better than others. Gaijin Hunter breaks them down nicely here.

I have the LBG, which is amazing and the Gunlance. I don't have a Razor Sharp set yet for the Gunlance, so it's a little underwhelming trying to keep that sharpness up. Seregios LBG plays like an entirely different weapon basically with single shot reloads with every dodge and roll. I really want to try out the Switch Axe as well. I evade a lot with it and that raw damage output with Power phail looks sweet. And those Hunting Horn songs.. yeah.. Seregios makes a lot of good weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom