• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here main dual blades? I'm currently in caravan 8, just got my ass handed to me by the Pink Rathian, and I'm wondering if I need a weapon/armor upgrade. The wealth of options is a little overwhelming. Right now I have the Gore/Ceanataur set for Sharpness +1, as recommended by Gaijin Hunter. I also have the Usurper's Fulgore (Thunder) as my main weapon, with a slightly weaker fire and a much weaker water DB when fighting specific monsters.

Someone earlier mentioned trying to get skills for Attack, Sharpness (which I have), and earplugs. Earplugs look useful, but the armor that supports them at my point in the game doesn't seem to have many other benefits, and I'm feeling like my Sharpness +1 is just so useful.

I've been rocking these same weapons and armor for a while now and I'm starting to feel underpowered. Maybe I just need to farm for more Advanced armor spheres to fully upgrade my current armor? I think my total def is 163... does that sound about right at this point in the game? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Kyzon

New thread time?

Anyways, I have one more Dalamarur run to hit up so I can get a Glaive.

Soooo, no farming omen :)

If anyone wants to help, that would be great.

Does anyone here main dual blades? I'm currently in caravan 8, just got my ass handed to me by the Pink Rathian, and I'm wondering if I need a weapon/armor upgrade. The wealth of options is a little overwhelming. Right now I have the Gore/Ceanataur set for Sharpness +1, as recommended by Gaijin Hunter. I also have the Usurper's Fulgore (Thunder) as my main weapon, with a slightly weaker fire and a much weaker water DB when fighting specific monsters.

Someone earlier mentioned trying to get skills for Attack, Sharpness (which I have), and earplugs. Earplugs look useful, but the armor that supports them at my point in the game doesn't seem to have many other benefits, and I'm feeling like my Sharpness +1 is just so useful.

I've been rocking these same weapons and armor for a while now and I'm starting to feel underpowered. Maybe I just need to farm for more Advanced armor spheres to fully upgrade my current armor? I think my total def is 163... does that sound about right at this point in the game? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

For Dual Blades in my experience Razor Sharp or equivalent skills are pretty important, and depending on the weapon I think you can make the argument that they may be better than Sharpness + 1 although that won't be the case for every weapon. In HR when I used DB, I used Azure Rath which gives Earplugs, Razor Sharp and Critical Eye + 2 pretty easily if I recall correctly. That set will also have better defense than the Gore set you are using, and better fire resist. I also used this set for any Seregios weapons since they don't benefit from Sharpness + 1 but benefit a huge amount from Razor Sharp.

Monoblos and Diablos are tied to the Dunes map, which wasn't in the original Monster Hunter 4 which is why they don't show up until the later half of the game.

For Dual Blades in my experience Razor Sharp or equivalent skills are pretty important, and depending on the weapon I think you can make the argument that they may be better than Sharpness + 1 although that won't be the case for every weapon. In HR when I used DB, I used Azure Rath which gives Earplugs, Razor Sharp and Critical Eye + 2 pretty easily if I recall correctly. That set will also have better defense than the Gore set you are using, and better fire resist. I also used this set for any Seregios weapons since they don't benefit from Sharpness + 1 but benefit a huge amount from Razor Sharp.

Very helpful, thank you. That Rath Soul armor looks awesome. Unfortunately that won't help me with Pink Rathian as I will need to be at Caravan 9 to farm the Azure Rathalos.

I hit G3 where I should start thinking about final armor sets.

Uka Uka U looks like a good place to start, but I'm terrible at this game, so the -res scare me.

Considering a stylish bomber set (don't know what to use), gun lance artillery god for ukanlos and other big things (don't know what to use).

I've had evasion + 2 with SNS for HR and G1/2 but I don't see myself dodging anything. So if I try evasion again I'd like evasion +3 and evasion distance + to make it super simple for me (don't know what to use)

Very helpful, thank you. That Rath Soul armor looks awesome. Unfortunately that won't help me with Pink Rathian as I will need to be at Caravan 9 to farm the Azure Rathalos.

I just did this finished quest yesterday, and even though I've been keeping my equipment up to date, it can be pretty hard since the pink rathian hurts.

What are you dying to? The poison, fire, tail swipes? Try eating food to counter what is hitting you the hardest. Either get fire resist or felyne defender hi, I'd probably recommend defender which is fish and bread. Bring antidotes and flash bombs. Hit her with a flash when she's flying for free hits. I find this easiest after she does the poison tailflip

For dual blades, I would in general stay between her legs and attack them, only going for the head after a fireball or other opening. You have to make sure to keep your combos short, or else you might not be able to dodge when she rears up for a tailflip. Only do the demon dance after a trip or flash bomb.

If you stay between the legs, you'll mostly get hit by her run and tailflip. The run is pretty hard to avoid, but keep and eye out for the tailflip. Just play safe and keep your health up.

Anyone want to help with Akantor and Dalamandur? I'd love to join some of these G1 groups :eek:

edit: Been interested in some Akantor event kills too now that i've got my hero armor :)

07-4260-7775-9345

ilium

Anyone up for some G farming? I'm specifically looking for exactly 1 Azure Rathalos tail drop.
I'm down for whatever else.

Anyone up for some G farming? I'm specifically looking for exactly 1 Azure Rathalos tail drop.
I'm down for whatever else.

I am. Still need them dire blasthearts :3
I can't cut tails either but I've been planning to learn GS some more. Been a while since I used one though.

Valus

The OP hasn't posted here in like a month. Is he/she making OT2?

Anyone want to help with Akantor and Dalamandur? I'd love to join some of these G1 groups :eek:

edit: Been interested in some Akantor event kills too now that i've got my hero armor :)

07-4260-7775-9345

Damn you. I've been wanting to get the master sword since forever ago but no one ever wants to do it.

KimChi

Done with midterms now I have time for mh today!
Last I played I unlocked G1, what set do you guys suggest going into G rank? mainly been using sword and shield and great sword atm.
Think I should get around to finishing up High rank Caravan too, so much stuff to do o:

I'm going to make a non-key room later if anyone is interested, going to get some food first.

Wanderer5

Well made some progress with Brachy today. Upgraded the Charge Blade, and now just need a couple more pounders, and *sigh* his gem to complete the S armor.

Also FML is censored in this game lol.

jorgejjvr

Alright. I'm pretty much finished with this game until DLC comes out. In that note, does anyone require assistance? I am up and able to do anything.

-Alternis

VandalD

Well made some progress with Brachy today. Upgraded the Charge Blade, and now just need a couple more pounders, and *sigh* his gem to complete the S armor.

That's the first dumb censoring I've heard of in this game. Tri had a number of dumb ones. Like "after."

Prototype

Can't remember if I posted here, but pretty excited, last night I finally got my first "good" excavated weapon. It's essentially Cera but without the negative affinity. Same power, 1 slot and it even gives a little defense!

Oh, and it's purple sharpness is natural. No need for sharpness +1. Pretty cool, I'm happy with it.

I just did this finished quest yesterday, and even though I've been keeping my equipment up to date, it can be pretty hard since the pink rathian hurts.

What are you dying to? The poison, fire, tail swipes? Try eating food to counter what is hitting you the hardest. Either get fire resist or felyne defender hi, I'd probably recommend defender which is fish and bread. Bring antidotes and flash bombs. Hit her with a flash when she's flying for free hits. I find this easiest after she does the poison tailflip

For dual blades, I would in general stay between her legs and attack them, only going for the head after a fireball or other opening. You have to make sure to keep your combos short, or else you might not be able to dodge when she rears up for a tailflip. Only do the demon dance after a trip or flash bomb.

If you stay between the legs, you'll mostly get hit by her run and tailflip. The run is pretty hard to avoid, but keep and eye out for the tailflip. Just play safe and keep your health up.

Awesome thanks for the tips. I realized that none of my armor was maxed with Advanced Armor Spheres, and I hadn't unlocked the High level Havest Tour: Frozen Seaway where I can farm those spheres. So I just unlocked it and ran through it a few times to max all my armor to that level. Looks like the Hard Armor Spheres will be a little more difficult to get from where I'm at right now.

Anyway, thanks again and hopefully with this upgraded armor and your tips I'll be able to whoop her later tonight.

MegaMelon

I hit the jackpot. A Handicraft+5 and Mycology+6 charm. I'm never getting a gem ever again lol. Lots of room for experimentation, currently going semi ace semi arc to give:

Shapness+1
Fleet Feet=Unscathed+Evade Extender
Mushromancer

With 10 slots left over. Probably gonna alternate between negate poison and tremor resis as those 2 are a godsend for the raths/deviljho.

Unicorn

Set I'm rocking now. Also got a great talisman so I have full potential and Artillery Novice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom