• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, thanks to a few really patient Gaffers i managed to hit G1 today!

I also farmed myself some G Tetsu gear as a bandaid until i decide on something else, but I think i've fallen in love with the stuff. It's some seriously cool looking armor, and i've got like 5 skills baked in, since i found a +9 protection talisman during one of those farming runs.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So, thanks to a few really patient Gaffers i managed to hit G1 today!

I also farmed myself some G Tetsu gear as a bandaid until i decide on something else, but I think i've fallen in love with the stuff. It's some seriously cool looking armor, and i've got like 5 skills baked in, since i found a +9 protection talisman during one of those farming runs.
Get Seregios armor.

lfc11

Neo Member
Any IG users here that have used Daora's Entom or Ukanlos Staff? Which do you prefer? Ukanlos staff has great raw damage but negative 30% affinity. That's like raw damage of around 745? 806*.75*.3 + 806*.7 = 745.55.

Any IG users here that have used Daora's Entom or Ukanlos Staff? Which do you prefer? Ukanlos staff has great raw damage but negative 30% affinity. That's like raw damage of around 745? 806*.75*.3 + 806*.7 = 745.55.

I have Daora's Samudra now, but that's just the upgraded version of the Entom.

I prefer it over the Ukanlos Skytraveler because I like high elemental on my glaives, the Samudra has 320 Ice compared to the Skytraveler's 120. It also has purple sharpness if you have Sharpness +1, while Ukanlos is at best stuck with a tiny smidgeon of white sharpness.

According to Kiranico, Samudra's true attack is 270 (+10% affinity) while the Skytraveler's 360 (-30% affinity). Using your calculations you'd end up with 330~ attack on the Skytraveler and 275~ attack on the Samudra.

I also think the Daora line is the superior choice because it's a squid.

So I've taken to popping a Might Pill whenever I have red shield and phials fully loaded on charge blade.

I was helping someone with capture quests earlier today and he had capture guru on and was pinging when it was ready for cap.

I got an opportunity for an ultra. Popped a Might Pill, unloaded.

Brute Tigrex went from not capturable to dead. Sure, we failed that quest, but holy fuck I felt great.

Since I got a n3DS the other day I decided I might as well buy this game to take advantage of it.

This is my first MH experience. What have I gotten myself into? lol

Pila

Lol I was mounting a rathalos next to the zone exit and he used loading screen attack.

It was super effective.

Tigrex did it to me yesterday =( that's unfair you damn beast.

Has anybody tried playing the game while using their phone as a hotspot? Does it lag like hell or what?

We played together couple days ago (my chara name is Cave) and I was using 4G LTE from Italy. Sometimes it has lag peaks and the monster teleports (it's a powerful monster attack, you can't predict it ^^) but it's usually fine and stable, no dc's, just occasional lag peaks. Talking about the last standard in LTE (4G) the previous one was terrible for online gaming in my experience.

Kitty, would you mind explaining your bow set to me? I'm thinking about making it. I know I don't have a loading/evade extend charm though so I may just go evade+2.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Kitty, would you mind explaining your bow set to me? I'm thinking about making it. I know I don't have a loading/evade extend charm though so I may just go evade+2.
It depends on the bow you want to use. I use the Seregios one which lacks a third charge and needs the Loading skill to be competent. Fast Charge and Marathon Runner for more attacks. Evade Extender is really nice; totally noticed it against Akantor, being able to roll away in 1 go. In a perfect world, I'd give up Evasion, but I need to get better, and I'm not sure if it's possible to get a set with normal up at my current talisman state when I don't have Barrage Earrings.

You can remove Marathon Runner if you plan to use dash juices, but I'm a cheap ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom