• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Ken

Full again :(
You think there is enough people for a second room?

If you want to hunt something I can join.

So I want to try Hunting Horn because I never see anyone use it and I'd like to be awesome like that, so does anyone have tips? Gameplay, armor sets or weapons? I think everyone likes the Seregios hunting horn because of the auto sharpen?

I think that and it has negate stamina and some atk/def boosts.

co1onel

Status sns is so much fun. I'm playing with 3 of my friends and we're all using status sns's. The monster is constantly paralyzed, put to sleep, poisoned and blasted. None of us have evasion up so we just kick the bombs cuz ain't nobody got time for small barrel bombs.

Shengar

Diablos Z is crazily good with its number of slots, innate activated and unactivated skills. Blew 300k Zenny for the set, but its totally worth it. Gonna post picture of it later.
I'd tag in, since I'm so pro
Lol, no, remember last time we played?
but I'm working.

Well I gotta go for a while, but if you still available then, let's play.

Diablos Z is crazily good with its number of slots, innate activated and unactivated skills. Blew 300k Zenny for the set, but its totally worth it. Gonna post picture of it later.
Well I gotta go for a while, but if you still available then, let's play.

No, sorry. Really focusing on work right now or I'm not gonna make rent in a couple weeks, lol.

Wanderer5

So I want to try Hunting Horn because I never see anyone use it and I'd like to be awesome like that, so does anyone have tips? Gameplay, armor sets or weapons? I think everyone likes the Seregios hunting horn because of the auto sharpen?

Hm the seregios horn looks tempting. Seems like the yellow/orange-ish note is pretty good along with having the purple and blue note.

I just recently started working with the Hunting Horn, and something to most definitely consider when picking out armor, is to see if you can have room for maestro via the slots (need 5 sonorous jewels to get to 10 points, so 5 slots needed), which basically increases the durations of the melodies and decreases likelihood of Horn items breaking.

After, I not really fully sure, but I decided I was going to look evade skills, so I went for the barioth armor for now which has evasion +1, and constitution +2, plus with enough slots, I brought evasion up to +2 and have maestro.

Elija2

Well, I beat the single-player story. That final boss was pretty dumb. I was expecting that after I knocked down the Kushala with the cannons I'd fight it regularly, but nope, it just flew away. What was the point of giving me all the first-aids and stuff if I wouldn't need to use it?

Do I unlock anything for doing the later caravan quests or are Wystones the last single-player unlock?

Well after two carts to caravan chaos gore I took him down. The carting was my own fault and nothing gore did really but I got a contrary scale out of it so it all balances out.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well, I beat the single-player story. That final boss was pretty dumb. I was expecting that after I knocked down the Kushala with the cannons I'd fight it regularly, but nope, it just flew away. What was the point of giving me all the first-aids and stuff if I wouldn't need to use it?

Do I unlock anything for doing the later caravan quests or are Wystones the last single-player unlock?
Well, there's some monsters that you can only hunt in single player...

redcrayon

Yeah, plenty of content still to see. Lots of SP quests only unlock after reaching a certain multiplayer rank, or completing other caravan quests. I keep on finding more SP content, the game is packed. The Teostra SP quest (final one in the Harth Hammer questline) was fun, as was the urgent vs Fatalis. The caravaneer's challenge is tough too, I need to rethink that one a bit.

I had a great multiplayer session this morning. Taking my first few steps on G1, my team wasted Purple Hermitaur and Berserk Tetsucabra easily enough, before getting triple carted within a span of twenty seconds by Tigerstripe Zantrios. Fighting him a) in a small area and b) when I was weak to his elemental attacks led to two hits taking me out, even with a defence of over 550. Great stuff. Looking forward to retooling my gear and going all Ahab on his stripy arse.

upandaway

Did ANYONE get an S-Rank on the first Kecha Wacha arena quest? We've been trying for so long now that I'm starting to think it's impossible. I'm at a loss what to do, nothing is working.

Pierate

Khezu can go to hell, it's so incredibly boring to fight the damn thing, I have nothing positive to say about it, it doesn't even look remotely cool.

jorgejjvr

I thought the Kushala Daora insect glaive was pretty great and had a nice look until I realized that it is a SQUID. Why is it a squid? I don't see the relevance in that whatsoever. Once I noticed it, I could not unsee it. I no longer take that glaive seriously. A SQUID.

-Alternis

Shengar

I thought the Kushala Daora insect glaive was pretty great and had a nice look until I realized that it is a SQUID. Why is it a squid? I don't see the relevance in that whatsoever. Once I noticed it, I could not unsee it. I no longer take that glaive seriously. A SQUID.

-Alternis
I don't know man but squid is awesome.

Ragus

Banned
I have a big problem with breaking Gypceros head. The crest breaks easly, but soon after that I kill it. And I need 2 of his heads (*)

Top Bottom