• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Fistwell

Out for delivery. Can't wait. Getting started and early progression is probably my favorite part in monhun. This weekend's gonna be great.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Out for delivery. Can't wait. Getting started and early progression is probably my favorite part in monhun. This weekend's gonna be great.

was wondering where you were lol. for the most part seems like the original regulars are all here.

Fistwell

was wondering where you were lol. for the most part seems like the original regulars are all here.
Good deal, will look to hook up with y'all online whenever I get situated.

Are you not buying Ultimate? :(
Of course I'm also getting ultimate!!!!??!1!! 8D

Anyone could point me at a step by step description of mh4 save transfer? Looked it up on the google, couldnt find it.

Edit: Nvm, the youtubes has it.

Erh, what is it with youtube people going on and on and on and on about shit noone cares about? They getting paid by how long their shit is? Anyways, can't seem to transfer stuff... guess I'll start from scratch. I do enjoy the starting part. Still, would have been nice to be able to use all my stuff.

Zornica

Banned
Good deal, will look to hook up with y'all online whenever I get situated.

Of course I'm also getting ultimate!!!!??!1!! 8D

Anyone could point me at a step by step description of mh4 save transfer? Looked it up on the google, couldnt find it.

Edit: Nvm, the youtubes has it.

Erh, what is it with youtube people going on and on and on and on about shit noone cares about? They getting paid by how long their shit is? Anyways, can't seem to transfer stuff... guess I'll start from scratch. I do enjoy the starting part. Still, would have been nice to be able to use all my stuff.

if you need some help online... I'm kinda bored atm...

Zornica

Banned
I'm not sure if I can be of much use... I haven't even reached g-rank yet... all my armor sets haven been devalued and my weapons suck...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The entire front of his torso is covered in slime now. It looks like the big thing that's different about him is that as a result of that, he can detonate parts of his body, even while he's grounded.

oh fuck my life.

I can't beat brachydios consistently as it stands, and now he becomes even more annoying?

Hey guys, just loaded the game up, whats the very first option? It seems stuck on a loading screen with the word sd on it and its been like that for several minutes.

Parakeetman

Man now comes the hard part of managing all of these guild cards. D: need to get rid of some cats too am replacing the odd colored cats with more normal ones. Always feel bad when sending em packing tho lol

Vuze

Hey guys, just loaded the game up, whats the very first option? It seems stuck on a loading screen with the word sd on it and its been like that for several minutes.

If you still haven't figured it out, it asks if you want to create additional content on the SD card. If you want to use free (and eventually paid) DLC as well as guild cards etc., you want to do that. It doesn't take much space.

The next option is whether or not to enable circle pad pro.

Man now comes the hard part of managing all of these guild cards. D: need to get rid of some cats too am replacing the odd colored cats with more normal ones. Always feel bad when sending em packing tho lol
Yeah man, that good bye-cutscene tears me apart everytime :( Got me so far that I don't even take cats of types I already have plenty of with me anymore lol

Parakeetman

btw do you guys renember which map or mission was the best for earth crystals? 大地の結晶 hate how much of those you need lol

Tenbatsu

btw do you guys renember which map or mission was the best for earth crystals? 大地の結晶 hate how much of those you need lol
I usually farm it at low rank 地底洞窟, 6 mining spots if I remember correctly.

Parakeetman

I usually farm it at low rank 地底洞窟, 6 mining spots if I remember correctly.

awesome thanks ill just continue there then i just must be having terrible luck lol

am trying to up my anti dragon dmg a bit since my best current set is made for that asides from trying to find more upgrade stones. think i need to hit up the g rank quests or something since the high lv ones dont seem to be dropping what i need.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally a G rank weapon!
oMpy6dP.jpg

Vuze

Not sure if it has been known before but Samus DLC armor is gender-bound. Zero Suit for females, Varia Suit for males... meh. Wanted to get the Varia suit for my female char, Zero Suit looks laaaame :(

wiibomb

Not sure if it has been known before but Samus DLC armor is gender-bound. Zero Suit for females, Varia Suit for males... meh. Wanted to get the Varia suit for my female char, Zero Suit looks laaaame :(

is this alredy confirmed? because if that's the case, then a single event quest would be needed for this armor, instead there are going to be 2 different quests for each armor, which wouldn't make much sense..

I think they will be for both male and female, yeah... male with ZSS...

Vuze

is this alredy confirmed? because if that's the case, then a single event quest would be needed for this armor, instead there are going to be 2 different quests for each armor, which wouldn't make much sense..

I think they will be for both male and female, yeah... male with ZSS...

Hm, if I'm not mistaken the different quests are for armor sets and weapons? I tinkered a bit with the game data - that's how I came across this - and indeed Varia suit is greyed out for females while Zero Suit is greyed out for males.

First is Varia melee head, second is Zero melee head, followed by the gunner variants.

wiibomb

Hm, if I'm not mistaken the different quests are for armor sets and weapons? I tinkered a bit with the game data - that's how I came across this - and indeed Varia suit is greyed out for females while Zero Suit is greyed out for males.

First is Varia melee head, second is Zero melee head, followed by the gunner variants.

oh the weapons, yeah, that could be very well the case, and if you alredy found it out, then its kinda confirmed...

I always use male characters so it doesn't bother much if I cannot use the ZSS armor... lol

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
So, only played a bit of MH3U and totally haven't followed none on 4G/U :

is it basically as big or bigger content wise as 3U ? Can we find all the monsters and items from 3U back in this game, or did they kind of start all over ? Read somewhere some time ago that each new MonHun basically starts over with each iteration, with some new features and mechanics but content missing.

(MH rookie here, not super familiar with the series and how they work.)

wiibomb

So, only played a bit of MH3U and totally haven't followed none on 4G/U :

is it basically as big or bigger content wise as 3U ? Can we find all the monsters and items from 3U back in this game, or did they kind of start all over ? Read somewhere some time ago that each new MonHun basically starts over with each iteration, with some new features and mechanics but content missing.

(MH rookie here, not super familiar with the series and how they work.)

MH4G is basically an entirely different monster hunter from the one you have played, it has MUCH more content than 3U (not only in terms of monster, but also in armors, mechanics, weapons, etc)

its worth noting also that this game includes monsters that were absent in 3U, in fact most monster from 4U are not present in 3U.

aaand to finish with the little summary, this game includes new mechanics not included in MH3U as well as taking out other mechanics from 3U, like the water sections that are not in this game.

so, yeah, MH4U is an entirely new game based only on the MH franchise, but much more expanded to what was in MH3U

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
MH4G is basically an entirely different monster hunter from the one you have played, it has MUCH more content than 3U (not only in terms of monster, but also in armors, mechanics, weapons, etc)

its worth noting also that this game includes monsters that were absent in 3U, in fact most monster from 4U are not present in 3U.

aaand to finish with the little summary, this game includes new mechanics not included in MH3U as well as taking out other mechanics from 3U, like the water sections that are not in this game.

so, yeah, MH4U is an entirely new game based only on the MH franchise, but much more expanded to what was in MH3U

Awesome, thanks ! So basically, even though the areas were different in 3U, there's practically no point in staying on 3U once 4U comes to us ?

wiibomb

Awesome, thanks ! So basically, even though the areas were different in 3U, there's practically no point in staying on 3U once 4U comes to us ?

they are totally different games of the same franchise, its like not playing Mario Galaxy because Mario 3D World is out, both are excelent games that have things the other does not have, so play 3U if you can, because 4U is quite different

Vuze

Well, it's tough to go back from 4/4U to older games because the gameplay feels just so much more fluid. So if you wanna play some MH until 4U is out in the west, do it now! :D 3U is one of my favorite games of the franchise but I can see 4U hitting my top 3 as well.

Zornica

Banned

well at least it's accurate... having less armour should give less protection.
are the skills any different?

that pic is kinda frustrating though... I don't own a single piece of g rank equipment yet -_-
I need more time to play

are there any weapon/armour recommendations yet? like a good g-starter set?

Vuze

well at least it's accurate... having less armour should give less protection.
are the skills any different?

that pic is kinda frustrating though... I don't own a single piece of g rank equipment yet -_-
I need more time to play

are there any weapon/armor recommendations yet? like a good g-starter set?

I haven't checked tbh but I doubt it. Will do when I'm back home if I don't forget about it.

And don't worry lol, haven't even done the Ukanlos urgent on my actual character. I think the general consensus is that Seregios X is a great G-starter set.

Peru

Actually quite a few of the 3rd generation monsters are out of 4/4U even with the total monster count much larger. Some I wish weren't, but it does make things fresher when many of the returning monsters haven't been seen in a while. In any case to fight certain monsters you'll have to go back to 3, or wait until they return in a future game.

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I see thanks guys, think I'll jump back in 3U a bit in waiting for 4U. I think I had stopped after getting a nargacuga set, which I remember being pretty good.

Zornica

Banned
there's finally a rusty shard switch axe? was about time!
are there any other new ones? like a charge axe?

also I think it got easier to stun enemies using the charge axe.

edit:
omg... and the rusty shard turns into 3 amazing looking axes.
can't decide which one I want the most...

Zornica

Banned
Rusty switch axe's in Mh4 already. And a rusty long sword.

are you sure? I've played vanilla mh4 for over 200 hours and never got one... only lances/gun lances, great swords and hunting horns.
I guess I'm as unlucky as those snake-stars...

I just checked the mh4 wiki, there's still some stuff missing, so I guess at least the further upgrades are new.
http://wiki.mh4g.org/data/1180.html

I think I'll go for the kush axe, only missing a single piece...

Parakeetman

jesus christ some of you maniacs are already g rank? i need to find a better weapon to go after the bug x set. forgot the name irritating green huge one

Garou

Speaking of quests, I will be online in 1 hour or so, I got the Animal Crossing-DLC-quest from 7-11, so anyone who wants can join. It's a fishing-quest, so any rank/gear should do.

Zornica

Banned
Speaking of quests, I will be online in 1 hour or so, I got the Animal Crossing-DLC-quest from 7-11, so anyone who wants can join. It's a fishing-quest, so any rank/gear should do.

I missed it... so I'd love to join! did we exchange friend codes yet?

Parakeetman

You want ew you should do it back in the days when fishing was more of a pain in the ass than it is now. Seriously the shit was pulling teeth back in the days...

Though the WORST quests still have not changed one bit which is the egg / rock carrying ones... That shit is worse than a root canal... D:

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ill check the wiki for which one. Thats in the online mode right?
The emergency one which should be available in the guild hall if you had your HR unlocked in MH4.
I did it during the weekend with my group and it takes around... 30 minutes to get all the required items.

You want ew you should do it back in the days when fishing was more of a pain in the ass than it is now. Seriously the shit was pulling teeth back in the days...

Though the WORST quests still have not changed one bit which is the egg / rock carrying ones... That shit is worse than a root canal... D:

Oh geez those are so easy cmon

Then again you might be referring to first gen

Top Bottom