• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Fandangox

hellblade glavenus level 3

giphy.gif

LAGI.

BABY.

SWEETIE.

I love you, I really do! But I just need one of your Shockers. I know you are getting used to me being around, I've been popping into your lair for the last three hours!

But it's a 30% drop. It's time to stop the games. JUST ONE YOU STUPID THUNDERGATOR, I SWEAR TO CONGALALA.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, spent all afternoon unlocking and farming savage deviljho, then find out that to make esurient R armor I need hyper deviljho parts, which will only drop in a future DLC quest

All right everyone, I'm giving away the three cats everyone wants (ghunter, godcat choco, and some other) in the lobby:
04-8104-3952-1980
Pass is 1111

I'll be sakura charm farming so if I'm in a hunt give me up to 3 minutes to return.

yami4ct

So I'm gonna have to buy tickets to run the Deviant fights? That doesn't sound like a fun thing when grinding parts. Oh well.

Got through 5* Village last week and hopped online to get to HR2 today. Lots of good monsters and mechanical changes are neat. I'm just interested to see how the game tracks on the high end with no G-Rank to get through.

Ultrabum

So I'm gonna have to buy tickets to run the Deviant fights? That doesn't sound like a fun thing when grinding parts. Oh well.

Got through 5* Village last week and hopped online to get to HR2 today. Lots of good monsters and mechanical changes are neat. I'm just interested to see how the game tracks on the high end with no G-Rank to get through.

So far there seems like plenty end game stuff for me. Lots of armor sets to make and tough twists on monsters.

I haven't done any deviant stuff either, looking forward to that.

Ooookayyyy, how am I supposed to do this prowler goldenfish quest if I can't even use the goldenfish bait? I keep reloading the area too, and they never pop up.

Tickets are cheap. My advice: rush to rank 10 of the deviant monster and get 6 rank 10 tickets first, then go to 9, 8, 7 (fuck you rank 7 silver narg quest) and so on. You get lower tickets as bonus rewards.

Yes, getting a deviant set is a grind. Still fun.

ohlawd

doing HR6 prowler and gathering quests

feel free to bandwagon. will wait 10 mins then I'll start doing everything

40-6691-2148-9302

if you help too that's be fantastic but not holding my breath

XaosWolf

Well had to get a new 3ds and sort things out on it. Took longer than it should have and now my Smash save is messed up.
(But both MonHuns aren't thankfully.)

Took the opportunity to do the cstick mod too. Took less than a minute and now I have a fetching silver cstick with some actual grip. =D

ChrisD

doing HR6 prowler and gathering quests

feel free to bandwagon. will wait 10 mins then I'll start doing everything

40-6691-2148-9302

if you help too that's be fantastic but not holding my breath

lol have people been joining you just to piggyback off of the quest completions? That's screwed up

My Village is probably like 75% complete. Thanks to the multiple people here who mentioned they listen to podcasts while doing the more grind-y stuff. That's made them a lot easier to go through. ^^

Yo guys, HR6 keys in about 10 minutes if anyone is game.

66-2928-9638-0842

2 spots open.

@Whoever spiritfox is, Vandal's doing a quick gathering while I eat.

1 spot open now.

ohlawd

lol have people been joining you just to piggyback off of the quest completions? That's screwed up

My Village is probably like 75% complete. Thanks to the multiple people here who mentioned they listen to podcasts while doing the more grind-y stuff. That's made them a lot easier to go through. ^^
surprisingly, no. got a full lobby and everyone's done something.

yo man prowler arena is no joke. what the hell

edit: k just two of us left now. doing gathering crap. there's only two, I think. three if you count the request for 10 coal for a villager

jonjonaug

So I forged the high rank version of the Rhopessa armor and got up to HR6. I spent so much money putting everything together that I'm having trouble upgrading my weapon.

Kinda miffed that I could get Negate Stun with the low rank armor but I can only get Halve Stun with my current Talismans if I want +2 Expert and also negating the minus Attack (S) skill on the armor set.

Blitzhex

Had a silverwind lvl 1 lobby up for 40 mins and no one joined. Had the hub settings all correct, meh. Do I lose my permits if I drop this quest and join someone elses?
Edit: 2 people joined as soon as I said that. 24-1420-8734-7821 last slot if anyone wants to join

Rektash

Hey guys, any tips on good long swords for 3-4* missions? This is my first monster hunter game and I am kind of at a loss at what to look out for here.

I am currently using a level 1 Windeater (with full Ceanataur armor set) but have no clue if that weapon is actually any good. It is very hard for me to tell how much damage I am doing since there are no real HP or damage indicators/numbers in the game. I am mostly playing online as well so I have no reference on how much damage my character is doing.

XaosWolf

Had a silverwind lvl 1 lobby up for 40 mins and no one joined. Had the hub settings all correct, meh. Do I lose my permits if I drop this quest and join someone elses?
Edit: 2 people joined as soon as I said that. 24-1420-8734-7821 last slot if anyone wants to join

From what I saw when I abandoned a Snowbaron Lagombi quest you get the ticket back.

I'm stuck in the Cancer of the Dunes mission.. I killed 27 crabs and the Cephadrome is dead. It says the Paw pass ticket is optional, but it won't let me complete the quest...

Slay 10 Hermitaurs before time expires or deliver a Paw Pass Ticket

cheesekao

I'm stuck in the Cancer of the Dunes mission.. I killed 27 crabs and the Cephadrome is dead. It says the Paw pass ticket is optional, but it won't let me complete the quest...
What that means is
1. If you time out, you will pass the quest if you have killed 10 or more crabs
2. You can kill 10 crabs, grab the paw pass, and turn it in to pass the quest.
3. You wasted your time killing those extra 17 and the Cephadrome.

What that means is
1. If you time out, you will pass the quest if you have killed 10 or more crabs
2. You can kill 10 crabs, grab the paw pass, and turn it in to pass the quest.
3. You wasted your time killing those extra 17 and the Cephadrome.

Ah, forgot how that worked! Thanks!
I didn't waste my time, had fun!

redcrayon

Hey guys, any tips on good long swords for 3-4* missions? This is my first monster hunter game and I am kind of at a loss at what to look out for here.

I am currently using a level 1 Windeater (with full Ceanataur armor set) but have no clue if that weapon is actually any good. It is very hard for me to tell how much damage I am doing since there are no real HP or damage indicators/numbers in the game. I am mostly playing online as well so I have no reference on how much damage my character is doing.
Look at your character's status, what is your attack stat, and what offensive skills do you have? If you are decked out with the 4* Daimyo Hermitaur armour, you've mainly got health and defence boosts, is that right?

Why the fuck is this game so obsessed with "?" monsters, if you are playing solo, fucking miserable to have bring 10 dung bombs to every quest,adding 10 minutes to every kill cause someone thought this was a good idea.

Top Bottom