• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

MouldyK

Yup, UK is Midnight and the download is a-go!

Will sleep when it's done though. Buy I need it for the ride to work tomorrow!

Can't wait to lose all my free time to this game. Bought the N3DS bundle so here's hoping that gets here before I'm done with work tomorrow.

Khezu

I have Friday and Saturday off, so gonna hopefully play a shit load of this.

Not sure if I want to jump right online or night.
Maybe get a decent starter set and weapon.

Also I have completely avoided learning anything about this game, so going in almost completely blind.

Numb

Gotta wait till tomorrow
If only evo wasn't this weekend it would have been this game straight

Dammit capcom

I'm waiting for my bro to get off work Friday before playing so my unemployed ass isn't too far ahead of him. It's gonna be painful.

VandalD

Anyone have any impression for lance ob MHG?
They changed the third lance attack to one with a longer windup and it hits three times if it lands. Completely threw me off in the demo. If you can get used to that, it's probably still as good as ever.

PKrockin

Striker lance with evasion arts and spamming the joust charge finisher is the replacement evade+3 shenanigans. IE broken nonsense. Bushido is great. Aerial has a forward hop for people who can't get used to backhopping and not much reason to use guild I'd say.

Shengar

They changed the third lance attack to one with a longer windup and it hits three times if it lands. Completely threw me off in the demo. If you can get used to that, it's probably still as good as ever.

Striker lance with evasion arts and spamming the joust charge finisher is the replacement evade+3 shenanigans. IE broken nonsense. Bushido is great. Aerial has a forward hop for people who can't get used to backhopping and not much reason to use guild I'd say.
Torn between SnS and Lance to be my main but it seems I'll be playing it likr just 4U was aka lance with occasional SnS now. Thanks for the input.

Also what's an IE?

Chase17

Dabbled in M4U for a bit, never got too into it (though it was fun) since some other games came out and it fell to the wayside.

Thinking I'll try to get into this next week (since I'll be watching EVO), I remember liking the insect stick since you could vault with it, hopefully that is ok for beginners.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Dabbled in M4U for a bit, never got too into it (though it was fun) since some other games came out and it fell to the wayside.

Thinking I'll try to get into this next week (since I'll be watching EVO), I remember liking the insect stick since you could vault with it, hopefully that is ok for beginners.
I have good news for you, you can "vault" with every weapon now.

rttOI9r.gif

delume

Thanks Sammy and HipHop! After playing through Fates this year (my first Fire Emblem), I am keen to explore and understand another new set of mechanics to a beloved franchise. Is it like Destiny where high-end gear is (was) locked behind multiplayer or is a solo hunter gonna get to access everything?

Thanks Sammy and HipHop! After playing through Fates this year (my first Fire Emblem), I am keen to explore and understand another new set of mechanics to a beloved franchise. Is it like Destiny where high-end gear is (was) locked behind multiplayer or is a solo hunter gonna get to access everything?
No problem! You don't have to group up for high end gear but it certainly helps the grind go by a bit more quickly. Some people solo everything. I don't have the time or skill to play that way. And grouping up is part of the fun!

You can do everything solo in these games. I've played most content in MH3U and 4U entirely solo. Personally I find solo hunting much more rewarding, but going for rare materials can be a serious grind in these games and having others to make the hunts go faster can help. And of course as monsters get more aggressive in the later hunts, being solo can be really demanding. I've still really enjoyed my time with these games despite never playing multiplayer.

Okay GAF, I really enjoyed MH4 on my 3DS, but haven't really gotten through nearly all of it- I tend to play it in bursts, and on my last sprint I managed to get to high rank in multiplayer, and almost finish the low rank stuff in single player. And even with that, I still have somewhere between 40-60 hours in the game, IIRC.

Should I get MHX, or just keep going back to MH4? I'd imagine it'll be way harder for me to do multiplayer stuff in it with MHX out.

I learned how to Monster Hunter with Monster Hunter 3 in Japanese, lol. Oh and no online play.

So yeah, all the newcomers in here, you can definitely do it, lol.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Capcom USA doesnt even know if its coming out at midnight or not lol

https://twitter.com/dubindoh/status/753734234523721728

No knock on Yuri. It's all on me. The fact of the matter is we don't have control of the exact release time. That said, we have received confirmation that the game will become available on eShop in the Americas starting 9AM Pacific Time.

To celebrate the occasion, eShop customers who purchased the game within 30 days from release will receive a free custom Monster Hunter Generations 3DS Theme.

No knock on Yuri. It's all on me. The fact of the matter is we don't have control of the exact release time. That said, we have received confirmation that the game will become available on eShop in the Americas starting 9AM Pacific Time.

To celebrate the occasion, eShop customers who purchased the game within 30 days from release will receive a free custom Monster Hunter Generations 3DS Theme.

Please, next time push for midnight and preload, thanks.

e0cuOUB.gif

Kard8p3

Glad we have a confirmation, even if it is sad.

How come UK got midnight release though? Just curious.

Aww. Somewhat disappointed at having to wait until noon tomorrow, but free themes are always appreciated. Thanks for clearing it up for us! At least I have a few more hours to finish Kirby Planet Robobot. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Ecto311

Any better deal or better option than gamer club to pick up this game in the US? I wanna give it a go this weekend and forgot about it till I seen this thread so no amazon. Plus amazon charges tax now in colorado so best buy seems better but don't want to miss out on some goodies or better deals if target, walmart, gamestop have anything going on.

Glad we have a confirmation, even if it is sad.

How come UK got midnight release though? Just curious.
game being published by nintendo in Europe probably had something to do with it

thats disappointing but at least its confirmed now

Sarcasm

Okay GAF, I really enjoyed MH4 on my 3DS, but haven't really gotten through nearly all of it- I tend to play it in bursts, and on my last sprint I managed to get to high rank in multiplayer, and almost finish the low rank stuff in single player. And even with that, I still have somewhere between 40-60 hours in the game, IIRC.

Should I get MHX, or just keep going back to MH4? I'd imagine it'll be way harder for me to do multiplayer stuff in it with MHX out.

4 or 4U?

But yea I would wait and play what you have.

I will still and already am playing 4U.

Top Bottom