• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Online (Capcom/Tencent, CryEngine 3) officially announced

Trailer was a total snoozer IMO. Everyone gets so excited by tech but the art design is bland, the environments look like MH2, the music was bad and the trailer was poorly cut. This looks like Capcom in name only - $100 says the real MH team wants nothing to do with this, just like Frontier.

Oooooh. Tell us more about frontier. What team makes it? Is the reason no monster ever make the jump really because they refuse to acknowledge it.

EDIT: Finally saw the trailer. My excitement dropped. Did not think i could reach such lows after such an initial high based of the title.

sn00zer

Trailer was a total snoozer IMO. Everyone gets so excited by tech but the art design is bland, the environments look like MH2, the music was bad and the trailer was poorly cut. This looks like Capcom in name only - $100 says the real MH team wants nothing to do with this, just like Frontier.

What?

Also it is just me or are the animations worse than the PSP MonHun games. Like, the SnS looked like there was no transition at all between slices.

vareon

The trailer looks like Monster Hunter with HD assets, and the release timing, etc is pretty low-key compared to the other games.

If Capcom isn't excited with this, there's no reason for me to be excited as well.

Usobuko

Banned
When Tencent paid $400M to have a majority stake in Riot, I thought it was just a one-off investment on their part, an incident similar to Li Ka-shing's Horizons Ventures with Facebook. It was only when Tencent paid $330M for 40% of Epic Games that it struck me that the company was being very aggressive and ambitious in this medium.

Expect to see Tencent making big moves in the next generation, it's clear they want to leave their footprint on a global stage. It's pretty good for Japanese companies as a whole because the Chinese youths are very receptive to Japanese entertainment and culture.

Even if true, the "real MH team" needs to wake up and smell the coffee. They are becoming dinosaurs and are about to go extinct if they don't step of their game.

Emitan

Also it is just me or are the animations worse than the PSP MonHun games. Like, the SnS looked like there was no transition at all between slices.

That longsword animation was pretty janky.

Even if true, the "real MH team" needs to wake up and smell the coffee. They are becoming dinosaurs and are about to go extinct if they don't step of their game.

I don't understand what this means. We don't know any mechanical differences between this and the mainline games yet and the next title is a 3DS game so of course it won't look as good as a PC exclusive.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Going to agree with the "that didn't look great" sentiment. Combat looks off, weapons effects sound terrible, and I hate the way this game looks on CryEngine.

wut

MH still seems to sell ridiculously well

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
When/if Capcom makes a HD MonHun style game it will look 1000x better in every way.

Halfmunch

I can't wait, I like the trailer... Love seeing some of those classic monsters from MH2. Hope they do an English version. I miss the prehistoric feel of the original games.

A MMO? Made by another team?
But, hey, some people said it had beautiful graphics so it must be great, I guess.
Curb your enthusiasm. I bet MH4 will be way more ugly but way better.

Astery

o wow it's done.
The assets still looks mostly the same from ps2 and wii with some better texture, but better than MHF none the less. I just hope tencent will do f2p right as they allowed LOL to.

Delio

Pretty much.

Nibel

It's technically better which is quite obvious

But from music to art design it is not the MH standard; pretty bland showing

Beelzebub

something is definitely off about the combat, whats with the cheap sound. also rathian looked weird and wtf was that tail cut move.

Fistwell

Yeah so it doesn't look so good, music sucked (they murdered the theme), some of the animation is shit, and it's pretty unlikely it ever hits the west. Also, retarded hamster.
Still interested!!!!!

48Yq9iA.jpg
"I'll eat yo (salty) nuts!"

Thanks, just wiki'd. I see it was released on Xbox 360 in 2010 but I didn't see much excitement back then.

Well, MHF is really an up-rezzed MH2/G graphically, with very little effort to hide the fact that the assets and geometry are still very much based on a PS2 game.

Qvoth

Well beggars can't choosers
It's been a long time since my last mh game mhp3, so I'm really excited about this, even if it's made by a different team or whatever

Top Bottom