• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories coming to the west this Fall

Producer

seriously why isnt there a thread yet lol

boxart
C9Po52IVoAAxXoG.jpg

I mean this was no where near the first RPG I thought would get localised. I'm more surprised we didn't get MHXX.

I'll get it because it is Monster Hunter.

omg what

3DS only? Why is Capgod not being godly? It would be such an easy port.

Still, day one, omg.

capcom doesn't know what a switch is..

they probably were so lukewarmabout this console that they only put their "AAA" (lol) SF2 40€ game on it to say "we were there". Now that the thing seems to work, they are caught with their pants down.

Expect quick ports in the coming months

Joqu

I'll make this my first monster hunter, it looks great. I'm hoping it gets me invested in the series

TreIII

After hearing about the sales being middling in Japan, I was getting increasingly worried that Capcom wouldn't bother.

Glad to see that isn't the case!

So are they gonna use the Funimation cast for the English dub?

That depends.

The Japanese game itself uses the Monster Hunter world's language, even during voiced scenes. So, would Capcom and/or Nintendo really bother tapping the Funimation cast to record "gibberish" all over again is the question.

amiibo

omg

The time has come.

And why would Capcom prioritize MHS over MHGG localization? Well, I think the answer is obvious, they are working on MHGG HD for Switch.

We won.

Kinsei

Banned
amiibo

omg

The time has come.

And why would Capcom prioritize MHS over MHGG localization? Well, I think the answer is obvious, they are working on MHGG HD for Switch.

We won.

Or they're saving MHGX for E3 because it's a much bigger game than Stories.

kubus

This game was lovely. Really happy it is being localized!

Put some 50 hours into it. Was especially surprised at how good the story was. Don't let the awful anime fool you, I dropped it at around episode 12 because it was so terrible and they ruined the best parts of the game's story and even Navirou's character. He was my favorite in the game but the anime just butchered him :/

Zelda DLC is really great too. I made a video of the gameplay, it's pretty much the closest we'll get to a new 3D Zelda game on 3DS lol

Neoxon

That depends.

The Japanese game itself uses the Monster Hunter world's language, even during voiced scenes. So, would Capcom and/or Nintendo really bother tapping the Funimation cast to record "gibberish" all over again is the question.
Good point, I guess a dub wouldn't really be necessary in that case.

Syril

Oh sweet. I was wary of this game at first but after seeing some longer videos to get a sense of the battle system it actually looked pretty fun.

Akiller

Oh man, i had literally lost hopes on this one rotfl

D1. Game would have looked wonderful on the Switch though.

tuffy

I figured Stories was only a matter of time, but it's nice to finally have it confirmed.

Having Generations Ultimate go the 3U route by arriving on 3DS/Switch would be welcome, of course, but I'm sure that'd be announced for Japan first.

wartama

Neo Member
What an exciting announcement!

Now Capcom, you can also bring that lawyer game and I'd love you forever * cough cough wink wink*

Eolz

So happy about that.
I know it's aimed for kids, but the game looks beautiful (like most Capcom 3DS games), and seems really fun too!

Korigama

Personally don't have any interest in this game in spite of liking Monster Hunter, but good for the people who did want it.

Doopliss

Can't wait. I played the japanese demo and was amazed by how good-looking it was. I love how cute they've made all of the Monsters look.

Corginand

Generations was announced for the west like 3 months after it launched in Japan, I'm not surprised MHXX wasn't announced here. Wasn't expecting Stories at all, though, especially after not selling well in Japan.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Good news for those that wanted this title but when this game inevitably bombs in the West the same way it did in Japan than I hope that Capcom isn't foolish enough to use it as a metric/reason for not bringing Monster Hunter XX to the West.

Top Bottom