• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World coming 26/1/2018 for PS4/XB1, CE Edition announced

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Monster Hunter: World had its first ever public demo playable at Gamescom last week. And Japanese media has been also eager in trying out this latest iteration of Capcom’s highly popular game series. A couple of Japanese gaming outlets, Gamer and V-Jump, have confirmed from their interview with Capcom that PlayStation 4 Pro support for the game will come in an option choice between 4K resolution, better frame rate, or a focus on graphics which would make backgrounds crisper. It was also noted that the Gamescom demos that run on PS4 Pro were being set to support 4K resolution.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ort-has-graphics-options/#7zoiJ7cZaZgD8qxs.99[

That's pretty good. This is the holy trinity I wish more Pro updates would have. Everyone is satisfied. I, personally, will stick to the 4K mode.

membran

It was in the Gamescom demo. Resolution (4K), Graphics (1080p with better shadows and draw distance) and Frame Rate (up to 60fps).

There's some footage of it on YouTube and it looks like it hits 60 frames.

What has been confirmed so far was that it wouldn't run at 60fps on neither Ps4 Pro nor XBX. And that came from some official Capcom Marketing/PR dude on twitter in the aftermath of the MH:W reveal. What you are referring to is probably the selection / option on PS4 Pro that popped up. If I recall correctly, this has been described as "what the game focuses on under stress" or something to that effect. The one preview I've read the reviewer inexplicably chose "resolution", because of course you'd choose that (sigh.). I thought that this would mean that under a condition where lots is happening on screen, what area of the game wouldn't be compromised: The 4K resolution (think dynamic resolution scaling, checkerboarding...), the graphical fidelity (think dynamically shifting detail settings, like in the Forza Apex / Horizon 3 on PC), or the framerate (that is, framepacing and staying locked at 30fps - as opposed to dropping below 30fps).

Wouldn't there have been a lot more buzz if this was 60fps on PS4 Pro? I mean, I'd buy a PS4 Pro and MH on it instead of waiting for the PC version.

PlayStation 4 Pro support for the game will come in an option choice between 4K resolution, better frame rate, or a focus on graphics which would make backgrounds crisper. It was also noted that the Gamescom demos that run on PS4 Pro were being set to support 4K resolution.

"better frame rate" does not necessarily mean 60fps. It also could (and I think it likely does) mean "a stable 30fps lock at all times, no dips."

What has been confirmed so far was that it wouldn't run at 60fps on neither Ps4 Pro nor XBX. And that came from some official Capcom Marketing/PR dude on twitter in the aftermath of the MH:W reveal. What you are referring to is probably the selection / option on PS4 Pro that popped up. If I recall correctly, this has been described as "what the game focuses on under stress" or something to that effect.

The fuck are you talking about? Requesting links for ALL of this.

Kyoufu

What has been confirmed so far was that it wouldn't run at 60fps on neither Ps4 Pro nor XBX. And that came from some official Capcom Marketing/PR dude on twitter in the aftermath of the MH:W reveal. What you are referring to is probably the selection / option on PS4 Pro that popped up. If I recall correctly, this has been described as "what the game focuses on under stress" or something to that effect. The one preview I've read the reviewer inexplicably chose "resolution", because of course you'd choose that (sigh.). I thought that this would mean that under a condition where lots is happening on screen, what area of the game wouldn't be compromised: The 4K resolution (think dynamic resolution scaling, checkerboarding...), the graphical fidelity (think dynamically shifting detail settings, like in the Forza Apex / Horizon 3 on PC), or the framerate (that is, framepacing and staying locked at 30fps - as opposed to dropping below 30fps).

Wouldn't there have been a lot more buzz if this was 60fps on PS4 Pro? I mean, I'd buy a PS4 Pro and MH on it instead of waiting for the PC version.

"better frame rate" does not necessarily mean 60fps. It also could (and I think it likely does) mean "a stable 30fps lock at all times, no dips."

Some Gamescom videos on YouTube are being played at frame rates above 30fps, so no. It's not locked to 30. Whether it remains 60fps all the time is probably unlikely but the option is there.

le.phat

Like always, Monster Hunter gets the best limited-edition consoles. I wouldn't want to be caught dead with one of these fugly machines under my TV tho. But fans who don't give a fuck about interior decorating must be pretty happy. This thing will move a ton of PS4s. Again.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some Gamescom videos on YouTube are being played at frame rates above 30fps, so no. It's not locked to 30. Whether it remains 60fps all the time is probably unlikely but the option is there.

If it's base PS4 quality, it theoretically should be able to do well. We've seen recent games do well with their 60 FPS modes eg The Surge, Hellblade etc.

Rajang

Yesssss.

Didn't expect it so early, fantastic news. Will definitely pick up the CE.

The samurai set looks awesome, looks better than the previous samurai style armor sets like Tetsucabra X or Grand Yamato armor.

That flying poodle looks whack tho, lol.

Fukuzatsu

It could end up similar to FFXV, where the 'lite/performance/frame rate' option is basically unlocked 40~50fps. It's not 60, but feels marginally smoother than 30.

membran

The fuck are you talking about? Requesting links for ALL of this.

Here you go:

http://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunter-world-is-targeting-30-fps-on-consoles-but-not-necessarily-on-pc/

Socks ("EMEA/ANZ @Capcom_UK Community Manager for: @monsterhunter") says 30fps on XBX / PS4 Pro, the question he was answering specifically included those.

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/status/874739909659156481

The bit with the "we chose resolution" came from the gamescom Gamersyde video description, which I read first here on the forum but now have found the source to. It doesn't say "under stress" there (I did qualify that statement with "if I recall correctly"...), but they it mentions "favoring" one of the three options: "but when asked what we wanted to favor in the game, we chose resolution (framerate and graphics are the 2 other options).", which I understood as "what it favors under stress".

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_monster_hunter_world_4k_video-19432_en.html

Mikey Jr.

Thats looks REALLY fun.

Will be my first Monster Hunter.

Tried the 3DS one for like 30 minutes.

Hated absolutely everything about it, especially the controls. Terrible.

Rajang

The farm makes a return?

nVNj4u9.png

Here you go:

http://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunte...ssarily-on-pc/

Socks ("EMEA/ANZ @Capcom_UK Community Manager for: @monsterhunter") says 30fps on XBX / PS4 Pro, the question he was answering specifically included those.

https://twitter.com/SocksyBear/statu...39909659156481

The bit with the "we chose resolution" came from the gamescom Gamersyde video description, which I read first here on the forum but now have found the source to.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_mon...-19432_en.html

Yes, I remember those tweets AND that gamersyde article. The tweet doesn't mention anything about the boosted mode on pro. Of course they're aiming for stable 30 without the boosts.

And the gamersyde article says nothing about your ridiculous claim that the pro mode options are for how the game should act under stress. That was the part I wanted the receipts for the most.

correctly"...), but they it mentions "favoring" one of the three options: "but when asked what we wanted to favor in the game, we chose resolution (framerate and graphics are the 2 other options).", which I understood as "what it favors under stress".

That's a really odd way to interpret that given the OTHER games on pro that have offered modes that let you pick what to "favor", and those options didn't just mean "what it favors under stress."

Go look at the pro options on Nioh.

Really cool its coming so soon, and it looks like they showed off a few new monsters in the new trailer too.

Are we getting a special edition of the game for the bone?

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
The LE PS4 Pro looks so good. And I just bought a Pro a few weeks ago. But who am I kidding? If this comes to the U.S. I will absolutely be getting the special edition.

Neonep

I don't know why anybody on here is surprised at the date. That was pretty much when we all knew it was coming out since it was announced.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yes in the West no in Japan (PS4 exclusive) when? Who knows no release date yet but expect the usual 1-6 months after the Console versions release.

I don't know why anybody on here is surprised at the date. That was pretty much when we all knew it was coming out since it was announced.
Because we were all expecting a March release date since that's when Monster Hunter games in the West usually release.

Ridley327

Actually, the consensus was it releasing in March, so this does come as an unexpected surprise.

I am curious to see what it's up against in February, though, since it only has a few days of sales in January.

Hexer06

What is that "Product Code Card" In the CE? Is that a digital code for the game, or something else like registering the game online? Waiting for Best Buy to get it up to pre-order, but I'd like to have this game Digital. This CE is coming to the West right? And for X1 I would hope.

Top Bottom