• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World coming 26/1/2018 for PS4/XB1, CE Edition announced

What is that "Product Code Card" In the CE? Is that a digital code for the game, or something else like registering the game online? Waiting for Best Buy to get it up to pre-order, but I'd like to have this game Digital. This CE is coming to the West right? And for X1 I would hope.
Might be a card with what number it was in the limited run.
Edit: Probably actually the DLC code as mentioned below.

Kinsei

Banned
It's a shame the standard edition in the U.S. and Europe will be getting the Rathalos boxart. I'd much rather have the new flagship.

Why does NA have to get the shitty covers all the time? Monster Hunter Freedom, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite, 3 Ultimate, 4 Ultimate, and now World all have worse covers over here.

Playsage

What is that "Product Code Card" In the CE? Is that a digital code for the game, or something else like registering the game online? Waiting for Best Buy to get it up to pre-order, but I'd like to have this game Digital. This CE is coming to the West right? And for X1 I would hope.

It should be the code for the Digital Deluxe content, but I'm not completely sure

Neonep

Because we were all expecting a March release date since that's when Monster Hunter games in the West usually release.

Actually, the consensus was it releasing in March, so this does come as an unexpected surprise.

I am curious to see what it's up against in February, though, since it only has a few days of sales in January.

They have to get the game out before the fiscal year is finished. Same time that damn near all big budget Capcom games come out. This game is the reason why MVC:I came out today and not in February.

What the fuck is wrong with Capcom US/EU?
Probably because Rathalos is the "Series flagship" and they're pushing the brand as opposed to just the game.
Also, I'm glad they put the new one on at least some of the boxart. Shuts up the people going on about Rathalos being this games flagship over all.

Day 1

This looks way better than my wildest imaginations! I love MH. But it has been stale since Tri. But this one looks worth the next thousand some hours of my time.

Ridley327

They have to get the game out before the fiscal year is finished. Same time that damn near all big budget Capcom games come out. This game is the reason why MVC:I came out today and not in February.

Congrats on being the only one who saw January coming, I guess? I dunno, that was definitely a minority expectation, at best, especially after the word got out about the sales expectations.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It's the Digital Deluxe Edition Stuff BUT you will not be getting the 4 MH Weapons Sets PSN avatars for your PSN profile and PS4 Then that's still exclusive towards buying the Digital Deluxe Edition straight from the PS Store.

bosh

Never played a Monster Hunter before, always so close to buying bet held out. Almost even bought Monster Hunter on the Switch in Japanese.

This is Day 1! If the collectors goes up at Best Buy thats a insta snag.

Defuser

dkfqcohwaaakjkt3xs1e.jpg
Ugh so glossy.

Hexer06

Might be a card with what number it was in the limited run.
Edit: Probably actually the DLC code as mentioned below.

It should be the code for the Digital Deluxe content, but I'm not completely sure

It's the Digital Deluxe Edition Stuff BUT you will not be getting the 4 MH Weapons Sets PSN avatars for your PSN profile and PS4 Then that's still exclusive towards buying the Digital Deluxe Edition straight from the PS Store.

Thx for the answers guys. Hopefully Xbox still gets that Digital stuff (minus the avatars of course).

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Reversible would be nice, but I can see why they're going with Rathalos. This'll be the first Rathalos for many.

Yeah I hope they offer a better cover for the special edition at the very least.

Also I probably should have linked the tweet confirming it:

Boxart confirmation

Capcom has been open to listening to feedback from the community for this game. And it may be worth it to voice your opinion to the community manager if you are not happy w/ the boxart direction.

@SocksyBear for the UK
@dubindoh for the US

Let your voices be heard!

Kyoufu

Yeah I hope they offer a better cover for the special edition at the very least.

Also I probably should have linked the tweet confirming it:

Boxart confirmation

Capcom has been open to listening to feedback from the community for this game. And it may be worth it to voice your opinion to the community manager if you are not happy w/ the boxart direction.

@SocksyBear for the UK
@dubindoh for the US

Let your voices be heard!

Socks has passed on the reversible cover idea to the relevant people.

nooooooo why is it gloss finish!!!!

So you can be reminded of who the real monster is when you see your reflection.

This is the dumbest fucking post in this thread. I thought it'd be Sammy's post, but congrats. You've outdone Sammy.

So by your logic, did they also abandon the previous audience they'd built on PS2 when they moved to PSP? And then did they abandon the audience again going from PSP to Wii, and then Wii to 3DS?

Sammy, take notes from this guy. This is how you troll. Not the weak shit you've been peddling lately.
I post my thoughts. I'm not trolling.

This trailer is garbage. You don't have to agree with me. The universe is full of different opinions. Maybe you should just accept them.

Do I have to like story sequences and dramatics in my Monster Hunter now? Do I have to support stupid hairstyle DLC?

Hush.

Why am I not surprised Sammy is pretty much the only person that doesn't think this game looks dope. Poor guy so tied to those Nintendos.

Murkas

Does monster Hunter have a version of glamoring armor? Would suck if the gear I like has bad stats.

They added glamour/transmog with the latest game XX, so hopefully it'll be in this.

Plus I get the impression it's there with the preorder dlc announcement. Why announce an armour set without showing the skills, which is important in MH? Because it's purely cosmetic is the impression I'm getting.

Have CE preorders gone live for UK retailers yet? I swear if it's GAME exclusive...

molnizzle

Did they say anything about the PC version?

Short wait like Destiny 2, or simply TBA? I was planning on going PC for this.

They added glamour/transmog with the latest game XX, so hopefully it'll be in this.

Plus I get the impression it's there with the preorder dlc announcement. Why announce an armour set without showing the skills, which is important in MH? Because it's purely cosmetic is the impression I'm getting.

Have CE preorders gone live for UK retailers yet? I swear if it's GAME exclusive...

The samurai set is confirmed to be cosmetic, so yeah, it's definitely in.

TBA, 2018. I'm double dipping, so I'm not especially bothered.

I'm planning on getting the PC version as well, but the wait may be a while with the way they've communicated its TBA "release" date. I need to play this ASAP, so I'll be getting it for my PS4 Pro day one.

Why am I not surprised Sammy is pretty much the only person that doesn't think this game looks dope. Poor guy so tied to those Nintendos.
I'm just not confident about Capcom westernizing Monster Hunter. They have made too many changes and I'm not sure what to think until I have my hands on the game.

I own and play my PS4 every weekend.

Kyoufu

I'm just not confident about Capcom westernizing Monster Hunter. They have made too many changes and I'm not sure what to think until I have my hands on the game.

I own and play my PS4 every weekend.

You're still at that stage? Come on bro, "westernised" is so pre-E3.

Soar

Gloss actually makes it look better, unfortunately I already have a pro so grats to those importing it!

Juraash

Would you mind explaining the newest trailer then?

Because MH fans don't give a fuck about story.

Who is this for?

4U is my favorite and part of that is because the story made village more enjoyable. I'm still not sold on the game, but certainly not because of this trailer or any "westernization", which I don't really see btw.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Who is this for?

The people who enjoyed the story stuff in other games? Those that like story in general? Those that use the story to get a feel for the ins and outs of the game before diving into the more hardcore elements of the multiplayer? I feel this is kind of a weird thing to say. I've played several other of the MH games and never been against adding more story, world building and lore to the series.

Kyoufu

Who is this for?

Story has been a thing since MH3? MH4? Capcom are doing MH bigger and better than ever before, so it's natural that each aspect of the game, in this particular case the story would see increased production values. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't care about the story but it's not like the game just turned into Horizon.

Top Bottom