• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World - Gamescom Impressions

Post feedback and impressions from people who tried out the demo at gamescom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoGn9vSVv6I

How does he get these up so fast!

Anyways for those who want an in depth look at the Charge Blade

lol

ejQ1mfj.pngj

oh arekkz starting to post some stuff now
hope he posts something about gs, ds and hammer soon

edit: some dude streaming on periscope, think he just finished playing
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OyKArArpyzGb
maybe he'll queue again

Infinite

The new slide fixes my pet peeve with the charge blade which was movement felt restricted even in sword form.

Also weird that this is a new gen and capcom hasn't announced a new weapon yet

nayzzar

Neo Member
Glider OMG!!!
Also that animation when he dodges and slides near the ground looks so smooth.
Everything about this looks amazing!

Menchi

Super excited, it's looking so good! Couple of my friends fell off MH after Portable 3rd, but they're excited to get back in now

I take it the demo was made to be considerably easier than the full game? Cause that Jagras went down super fast and the player in the Anjanath footage was awful but still managed to take it down.

Yeah I wouldn't read into the demos tooo much

But most early game monsters go down with a decent level of competence anyways

Umm we are above and beyond our wildest expectations at this point

This is looking like the pinnacle of the series at this point. The best MH game ever made

Hyperbole? Naw man.. Not based on all this pure gameplay goodness

Im just considering the darkest of the dark timelines.
Fingers crossed for qte's in the next trailer.

wwm0nkey

I take it the demo was made to be considerably easier than the full game? Cause that Jagras went down super fast and the player in the Anjanath footage was awful but still managed to take it down.

I mean they have to get people in and out to play it at events, so yeah.

Sayad

The demo weapons are obviously way over powered, Jagras was falling on its back after like every two combos in the Arekkz's video!

Mupod

Glider, eh?

well my theory with MH4 is that their focus on new traversal abilities and verticality was leading into a way to make a monster hunter game without loading transitions. If they added some more options like a glider or mount or something they could maintain the game's pace without load screens and shortcuts. But a big open world would make little sense.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
These graphics.
Charge Blade gameplay sliding dodges.
GLIDING MANTLE.

I'm a pile of quivering goo here.

Hybris

Arekkz confirmed on twitter that CB has 4U style Guard points. The king is back baby, no more clunky bullshit X/XX CB!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
My emotions.
6Gzki8j.jpg

Only being able to look at this deliciousness but having to wait probably at least half a year until playing.

Raide

Glide above monster. Let go. Charge GS in air. Level 3. Head smash.

A guy can dream...

I can see that happening. Hoping to glide, drop and fire loads of arrows straight down, that would be a cool move. I have still to see what the bow sliding move looks like.

Defuser

You know I don't mind the lack of new weapon class.

In exchange we got seamless zones, various QoL improvements and a motherfucking glider. It's worthy to be called the 5th installment.

Syril

So it looks like the slide dodge might be the replacement for the step dodge for the weapons that had it?

Raide

You know I don't mind the lack of new weapon class.

In exchange we got seamless zones, various QoL improvements and a motherfucking glider. It's worthy to be called the 5th installment.
I am sure they could add more down the line but 14 (think it is) weapon classes is awesome. Cannot wait to see all the various weapons to make.

Top Bottom