• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World - Gamescom Impressions

Damerman

Havent played monster hunter since that one for psp... i think i might get back into it with this one. Hopefully i can convince my friends to get this.

Sayad

Holy shit, the game looks too good.

No idea what weapon to go with, they all look so badass.

And yeah, it's so good to see bow guns finally be cool.
I usually use like half the weapons but I ignore guns, for the first time ever since I tried them in my first MH game, ranged weapons actually look appealing now!

Soar

So bloody stoked, that CB sliding attack is pure awesomeness. I'm going to start sliding under every monster, and then get ceremoniously stomped on.

But it will be glorious.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really hope this is demo adjusted difficulty, but I really don’t see the point of them doing that. If new people play the demo and likes it, what would their reaction be when they buy the game and it’s much harder? And we have had many game demos of hard games (Nioh, Souls games). But if it’s not, and this is the real difficulty, then damn that’s the worst news so far. In the ign video he takes hits head on in a gunner armor (is it even a difference this time?) and loses less than 10% of his energy (and even if he has a bit advanced armor, he should still lose way more). If there is no achievement taking these monsters down, my interest in this game would disappear really fast. Even though he is a early monster, he should dish out way more damage, I mean even a raptor deals more damage in MHFU. I felt this a bit playing MH4, but here it looks even worse. I need to feel like I have to manage my game, not just rush I head on and don’t be bothered by mistakes, because of how little life I would lose. With all the new weapon moves, the monsters really need to be much more intimidating. The developers must have learned that we can handle hard games, as long it’s our “fault” when we loses!

Because no one wants to wait in line for hours only to get their ass handed to them in a timed or short demo. Simple as that. Its about letting people place a small slice of the game and getting frustrated because they don't know the mechanics well or are skilled at them is not a great way to show off your game. This is especially so as game conventions are not great places to learn or pick up this kind of stuff.

The Phials addition to the charge blade is new right? Man this make it really the cousin of the Switch Axe.

Nope. Always had phials and axe explosions. From MH4:U onwards you could store the charges in the shield to deal damage on your guard points and unleash the ultra(?) explosion. In Worlds they've added the ability to charge your sword as well as your shield.

edit: Already answered.

Kazuhira

Having a good character creator with a lot of customization would be the icing on the cake for me,the game looks really awesome so far.

Ristlager

Because no one wants to wait in line for hours only to get their ass handed to them in a timed or short demo. Simple as that. Its about letting people place a small slice of the game and getting frustrated because they don't know the mechanics well or are skilled at them is not a great way to show off your game. This is especially so as game conventions are not great places to learn or pick up this kind of stuff.

Hope you are correct, it’s just that I felt that 4 was considerably easier than MHFU, and I hope this trend doesn’t continue.

Ridley327

Hope you are correct, it’s just that I felt that 4 was considerably easier than MHFU, and I hope this trend doesn’t continue.

Everything post MHFU is going to feel easier since they finally fixed the damn hitboxes for good with gen 3, making it possible to be near a monster during certain attacks without the fear of getting screwed by bad programming. Higher ranks still dole out the pain, but we're not going to see a return to that level of artificial difficulty again because it's outdated.

Sarcasm

Hope you are correct, it's just that I felt that 4 was considerably easier than MHFU, and I hope this trend doesn't continue.

Considering FU and before it, the hardest thing was dealing with hitboxes.

Especially in F1 (or F2) where you had to hunt some low to mid pink monster(s) naked and your person was very tiny.

Coworker and I couldn't stop laughing lol.

But yea that mission SCREW THOSE HITBOXES!!!

Defuser

Everything post MHFU is going to feel easier since they finally fixed the damn hitboxes for good with gen 3, making it possible to be near a monster during certain attacks without the fear of getting screwed by bad programming. Higher ranks still dole out the pain, but we're not going to see a return to that level of artificial difficulty again because it's outdated.

It will be hilarious if Plesioth still have his outrageous hipcheck hurtbox even in World.

Syril

4U already has monsters do like 40-80% by the late parts. What are they supposed to do, bring back pre-Tri's bullshit hitboxes? Actual one-hit kill attacks?

Akainu

I really like that it looks like you can carve and mine in one sitting instead of having to mash the over and over again.

Hybris

4U already has monsters do like 40-80% by the late parts. What are they supposed to do, bring back pre-Tri's bullshit hitboxes? Actual one-hit kill attacks?

Hell, every monster worth fighting in endgame guild quests will 1 shot you no matter what you are wearing with multiple different attacks. Same in XX, super deviants will 1 shot anything. I don't see how you can ramp the difficulty up more outside of adding new monsters with unfamiliar attacks, which they are already doing.

Pila

MHW looks great, I was soooooo salty about MHXX not coming over and I posted lame stuff in other threads. Sorry MHGAF. :)

That's where I'm at too. I do hope it's not a long delay between releases because I can't wait to play it on PC.

Capcom has a pretty good track record this gen (RE7 and SFV were simultaneous releases on console and PC), so hopefully it won't be more than a month at most.

With it being MT Framework which is a proven multi-plat engine, I see no reason for it to take too long, I know it's not a button press but they know the process of porting the engine over to PC by now.
Lot of people think it may be due to data miners and people hacking the game thus wanting to give the console versions breathing room.

Defuser

With it being MT Framework which is a proven multi-plat engine, I see no reason for it to take too long, I know it's not a button press but they know the process of porting the engine over to PC by now.

Not for the MH team. This is their first time porting to PC.

I fell off of Charge Blade a bit in Generations because of no longer being able to thrust into super, glad to see it's back. This thing is looking beast and being able to phial charge your sword? Amazing.

Sayad

I really hope this is demo adjusted difficulty, but I really don't see the point of them doing that.
yS8wTIz.png

MH games will never be as hard as MHFU again though, and it's mostly for good reasons.

Top Bottom