• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World - Gamescom Impressions

Ridley327

Everyone involved in the decision to not show the glider mantle in the original trailer needs to be removed from working on this game immediately. That's the kind of thing you show off first!

Are you sure? the Arrekz video is running at 60fps and I think he is playing the ps4 version.

We are only going off of E3 statements from capcom themselves

If they got the game to run a stable 60 then thats new and hype worthy information

but as of right now nothing has changed as far as i know

Mupod

The last time they did a major overhaul of the game systems and weapon movesets in Tri, we lost a few weapons until its expansion. So having all 14 was a surprise in itself. They could add a new weapon in a DLC expansion down the line, as well.

Hybris

Do I put myself through the torture of watching IGN play this? hmmm

OK HOLY SHIT THAT DIABLOS MAKING A HOLE IN THE DESERT FLOOR

Hedge

Oh god I'm at work and all I see are video links no full written impressions uggghh goddddd I'm so curious.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That seamless transition down the quicksand whirlpool (created by the Diablos burrowing up and out???). Oh my fucking word.

Mupod

can't watch here. Is the diablos sinkhole thing dynamic and mid-hunt rather than a cutscene?

Looking forward to watching MH newbies get traumatized by that monster again.

Check out @Konamikoden's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Konamikoden/status/899983235261894657?s=15

omg omg omg

giphy.gif

Raide

can't watch here. Is the diablos sinkhole thing dynamic and mid-hunt rather than a cutscene?

Hard to tell. Could be if you go too close to that area, Diablos busts out but the footage showed a small fight and then he busted out of the floor.

wwm0nkey

They were fighting above it's nest, it felt the vibrations, busted out in real time, player was able to seamlessly jump into the hole it created to enter a cave system and the Diablos started to fight the Barroth after it fell into the cave (so you can use this to your advantage and sit back and let them duke it out for a bit)

Ferr986

Not sure how scripted it was but atleast it was all dynamic and playable, no cutscene

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Now that was a goddam demo and a half.

Palico dinghy cherry on top.

Alric

I was worried the Charge Blade wasn't going to have as much going for it as I saw from the other weapon demonstrations a few weeks back but that is over. I can't wait to play this game.

BadWolf

Holy shit, the game looks too good.

No idea what weapon to go with, they all look so badass.

And yeah, it's so good to see bow guns finally be cool.

depward

I'm pumped to actually make HBG mains like myself actually have exciting gameplay.

Game looks good sold on the most expensive version if announced.

Ristlager

I really hope this is demo adjusted difficulty, but I really don’t see the point of them doing that. If new people play the demo and likes it, what would their reaction be when they buy the game and it’s much harder? And we have had many game demos of hard games (Nioh, Souls games). But if it’s not, and this is the real difficulty, then damn that’s the worst news so far. In the ign video he takes hits head on in a gunner armor (is it even a difference this time?) and loses less than 10% of his energy (and even if he has a bit advanced armor, he should still lose way more). If there is no achievement taking these monsters down, my interest in this game would disappear really fast. Even though he is a early monster, he should dish out way more damage, I mean even a raptor deals more damage in MHFU. I felt this a bit playing MH4, but here it looks even worse. I need to feel like I have to manage my game, not just rush I head on and don’t be bothered by mistakes, because of how little life I would lose. With all the new weapon moves, the monsters really need to be much more intimidating. The developers must have learned that we can handle hard games, as long it’s our “fault” when we loses!

Continues to be looking good, glad this is looking to be the series refresher I was hoping for and not some bizarre sidestep.

Top Bottom