• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

Playsage

I'm personally expecting a starting monster roster similiar to Tri.
Then during the first year they are going to add subspecies and maybe some major elder dragon for events

untitled-23zsaj.png

tenor.gif

untitled-34wszq.png

giphy.gif
lmaoooo

mas8705

And the countdown begins as we are about four months out from World now. Crazy to think that we would be getting the game so early in 2018.

Runner67

I'm personally expecting a starting monster roster similiar to Tri.
Then during the first year they are going to add subspecies and maybe some major elder dragon for events

It already almost has tri's roster count and there is still 4 months till release.

We are getting a lot more monsters lol.

Edit: to clarify, monster hunter PR usually ramps up the most the last 2-3 months before release. Even then, they hide 5-10 monsters

Ridley327

They could probably charge 20-30 bucks for it if it is indeed a true up G-Rank.

I think it depends on how they'll handle the monster rollout in general, and if they're going to go the extra mile to do armor models for the G-rank monsters. They've already cut their workload in half with getting rid of Gunner armors, so it remains to be seen if that was to make G-rank armor development much more focused.

Kinsei

Banned
I have no doubt.

They'll have to, selling the added content as a new full priced release won't fly in the west.

I expect it to be DLC for existing owners with a Monster Hunter World Ultimate release for people that haven't bought the game.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
They could probably charge 20-30 bucks for it if it is indeed a true up G-Rank.
Nah that's too obvious for Capcom I'm expecting Capcom to treat this game as a plataform rather than a straight up game and I'm ecpecting Hunting Season style packs just like in Frontier that will cost $10 each until we get to the 1 or 2 year Anniversary and THAN they do a G Rank Pack for $40.

Runner67

I'm wondering if they'll also go the smaller DLC route as well and release 3-5 monsters with their respective armors, weapons and hunts for like 5 bucks everyone once in a while. On top of the G rank expansion, this could preserve the attention of western gamers who tend to move on quickly

Edit: ninja'd by the poster above me

The new flagship is a bit dull, but at least it doesn't look like a Frontier reject. And I've barely been able to see it so far, so it might impress me.

I like it when the monsters look organic like this, and not like MHXX one.

Also, its rage mode can have some surprises, like Gore Magala.

Tosyn_88

We have come a long way from the psp. This feels like monster hunter merged with dragons dogma imo.

I suppose there's plan to form a GAF hunting party?

Ridley327

We have come a long way from the psp. This feels like monster hunter merged with dragons dogma imo.

I suppose there's plan to form a GAF hunting party?

The MH community in general is always eager to play together, and GAF is no exception in that regard.

Kinsei

Banned
I like it when the monsters look organic like this, and not like MHXX one.

Also, its rage mode can have some surprises, like Gore Magala.

I don't know if I would call the new flagship organic looking. It looks like a demon you would see in something like Darksiders.

Akiller

Well, the new flaship monster kinda reminds me of Daimon from Dark Arisen rotfl

It feels a bit out place imo , even for MH standards, but still cool.

Ridley327

I don't know if I would call the new flagship organic looking. It looks like a demon you would see in something like Darksiders.

The only normal looking elder dragons are Fatalis and Kushala Daora. All of the other ones have had their own thing going on otherwise, and this one isn't rocking the boat too much on that front.

I mean, this is what we've had to work with for that genus thus far:

-massive, wingless quadrupeds
-a chameleon with wings
-most of a manticore
-a goddamned lightning unicorn
-sand whales
-a giant dragon more or less made of tar
-serpents thousands of feet long
-whatever the hell Nakarkos is

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wanna see some bug/crustacean monsters in this one. Gimme that tank sized Mantis Shrimp.

AwXi30D.gif

Juraash

It really does, not that that's bad necessarily. That said it doesn't look anymore organic or natural than Glavenous or most other monsters really.

As for the trailer, it looks good. I really appreciated the story in 4U, it made offline much more fun for me (and also helped my fiance get into the series), so I'm glad to see a similar emphasis going on here. Keeping my hype in check though, there's some big things I still don't care for. A demo won't alleviate any of them, but I hope we get one.

The only normal looking elder dragons are Fatalis and Kushala Daora. All of the other ones have had their own thing going on otherwise, and this one isn't rocking the boat too much on that front.

-a chameleon with wings
-most of a manticore
-sand whales
Nakarkos is pretty much your bog standard kraken, he's just cosplaying a two headed dragon.

AmyS

The visuals look amazing and it's coming out so soon.

I will never have to wish & hope for graphics like the CryENGINE 3 based Monster Hunter Online for PC in China, because Monster Hunter World looks so much better.

Foffy

Banned
The visuals look amazing and it's coming out so soon.

I will never have to wish & hope for graphics like the CryENGINE 3 based Monster Hunter Online for PC in China, because Monster Hunter World looks so much better.

It can probably keep its framerate, too. Monster Hunter Online is not deeply optimized, at least the version of the game I'm currently playing with some English translation.

I imagine the PC version of World will keep a constant 60fps better than MHO. And that's not even getting into the texture pop in that's everywhere in MHO when talking to characters...

This release date is also the reason we ain't getting XX soonish, assuming that's coming. Three games released from September (Stories) to January (World) is too much, especially as two of those potential games (XX and World) are aiming for the same core base.

Kinsei

Banned

-a chameleon with wings
-most of a manticore
-sand whales

Nakarkos is a cuttlefish.

BlizzKrut

Banned
What makes you say that?

we have 4 games in a row with huge content volumes

AGAIN

- Main team with massive effort
- Important generational title
- 4 years in
- Familiar engine (so not starting from scratch)
- Dev commentary claiming size of game is largest they have ever done

Im leaning more towards content being closer to MH4 than MHTri

You guys are off the mark here

You're not getting those numbers and this is me confirming it to you, any mod can contact me about this.

This is what I don't understand,

Capcom turned around did a simulataneous release very early, but couldn't muster the strength to give Switch owners in America, MH XX, what the fuck Capcom, like I'll buy this luckily I do have a PS4 as well, but it isn't beyond the possibility for them, yet for years now they treated America like the red headed stepchild and made us wait for months if not a year for our version and suddenly they found the gumption to do it all in one go.

Man that release date is VERY early! Mario in October, Xenoblade in December, Monster Hunter in January let's go!!! Well, kinda hoping the PC version comes out not too much later after the console versions so I don't have to buy it twice.

It can probably keep its framerate, too. Monster Hunter Online is not deeply optimized, at least the version of the game I'm currently playing with some English translation.

I imagine the PC version of World will keep a constant 60fps better than MHO. And that's not even getting into the texture pop in that's everywhere in MHO when talking to characters...

This release date is also the reason we ain't getting XX soonish, assuming that's coming. Three games released from September (Stories) to January (World) is too much, especially as two of those potential games (XX and World) are aiming for the same core base.

Since MHW is on MT Framework, expect the PC version to be optimized perfectly and be able to run the game in 4K/60fps on a GTX 970 :p

Top Bottom