• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) for 3DS announced, launching March 18, 2017 in Japan

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Generations kinda sucks as a nostalgia vehicle in some ways. They pick all the bad stuff from Gen 1-2, 3 they mess up by going for the (more popular) Portable 3rd stuff and Gen 4...they don't mess up at all but is too recent for anyone to be nostalgic over.

So this game won't get the Switch port? I thought a lot of people expected it since it launches in March. The Switch will surely steal MHXX thunder considering it launches 2 weeks earlier.

thefil

So this game won't get the Switch port? I thought a lot of people expected it since it launches in March. The Switch will surely steal MHXX thunder considering it launches 2 weeks earlier.

I was 100% sure this was going to happen, and the fact that it didn't has really diminished my excitement. Not sure I'm going to try and get a launch Switch anymore.

Why buy XX when you can buy the XXX in another 6 months?

Love the series but hate having to upgrade all the time. Just do bigger DLC packages Capcapom you lazy so and so.

Doombear

Mainly because I love the series, and am excited to see the new additions? I bought Monster Hunter X 14 months ago. That seems more than enough time between titles, for the time I put into it. Why wait? XX has plenty that I want to see, and to me it is worth it. New Monsters, old favorites, new styles. I'm excited.

Double bump.

Scans are out, Nerscylla and Gravios (Basarios too, but that was confirmed earlier) are back.

Every weapon is getting a new exclusive Hunter Art as well.

Toxi

Banned
I love the crabs. They're some of the most fun monsters to fight for me thanks to their unusual movement. And I love how they remembered to make the Glavenus skull have metal teeth.

When people say "Shitty gen 1 and 2 monsters", they really should just be saying "Shitty gen 1 monsters", because Shogun Ceanataur and co. were a gigantic improvement over endless flying wyvern reskins.

Finnroth

Nersc...Ner...Spider-thingy and the Deviants sound pretty cool, I really hope to hear about a localization soon :(
Having no announcement for the switch has kind of dampened my expecations somewhat.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So if this game is a success, the next game will be called Monster Hunter XXX?

Trailer #3

DLC preview pics have been found in the demo. The remaining returning monsters are...
Giadrome
All the Fatalises
Chaotic Gore
Raging Brachy

There's what appears to be a new mantis-like monster/dragon (could be related to the teaser in that trailer), and people are speculating there's a Deviant Gravios due to where one of Gravios quests is situated on the image set.

membran

There's still no confirmation that DoubleCross will nake it over to the West, right? On 3DS, I mean. I've given up on hoping for a Switch announcement.

I don't recall Capcom's announcement track record; how were things back with Generations, 4U, 3U and Tri? Had a Western release already been confirmend when the respective Japanese version was released?

Kinsei

Banned
I really hope we get this in the west. I was initially cold on it, but I've warmed up to it over time. deviant Malfestio and Ceanetaur look awesome, they're bringing back some monsters I love (<3 Barioth), and G rank has to be challenging, right? The new flagship is still really stupid though.

There's still no confirmation that DoubleCross will nake it over to the West, right? On 3DS, I mean. I've given up on hoping for a Switch announcement.

I don't recall Capcom's announcement track record; how were things back with Generations, 4U, 3U and Tri? Had a Western release already been confirmend when the respective Japanese version was released?

The localization of 4U was revealed a day after the game was announced in Japan. Generations took a whole lot longer to be announced for the west.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I can see this game struggle also in Japan. I think the market was ready for at least a resolution/control jump on Switch with a multiplatform release, while could be partially saturated on 3DS

Izuna

Banned
Just had a thought. I would love a Switch MonHan :O

Haven't played this serious since MonHanPo3rd ~~ never played any Wii or DS games. I am willing to jump back in if only for Gunlances or Katana <3

yup ill be skipping this one if it comes stateside

the previous 3 3DS games were enough

sincerely hope a switch version is on the horizon

Murkas

Capcom have always been inconsistent. West got Freedom and Freedom Unite, but not 3rd. West got MH3U but didn't get MH4, but got MH4U. West got MHX but nothing about XX so far...

I think the Western side of Capcom know that XX wouldn't do well on 3DS this late into the system's life. But Japan can squeeze up to 3 million more sales out before moving on and they'll delay any announcement until after those sales are done.

I'm thinking a Switch version is happening, but it'll be late 2017-early 2018. It'll be a MH3U situation.

Toxi

Banned
people are speculating there's a Deviant Gravios due to where one of Gravios quests is situated on the image set.
Okay, Capcom?

giphy.gif

Just had a thought. I would love a Switch MonHan :O

Haven't played this serious since MonHanPo3rd ~~ never played any Wii or DS games. I am willing to jump back in if only for Gunlances or Katana <3

MonHan?

MoHun :p

You must commit Sudoku for this mistake.

kaioshade

At this point, i would take an upscale of XX for the Switch for the Western release. Love Monster Hunter, and this one looks fun as hell. Just might have to import it, if Capcom decides players outside of Japan are not worthy.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Im disappointed that the cats still do not have a gunlance. D:

That was the one thing I was really hoping for in the new version was new weapons for the cats. Considering thats literally all I used in MHX lol

Though the new additional features they are adding look nice.

Syril

4U was announced the next day after it was announced for Japan, but that was after 4 had been out for years with no word from them whatsoever. 3U was announced nearly a year after the 3DS version had been out in Japan but a few months before the Wii U version was. Tri was announced a couple of days after it came out in Japan. Generations was out in Japan for months before it was announced.

membran

4U was announced the next day after it was announced for Japan, but that was after 4 had been out for years with no word from them whatsoever. 3U was announced nearly a year after the 3DS version had been out in Japan but a few months before the Wii U version was. Tri was announced a couple of days after it came out in Japan. Generations was out in Japan for months before it was announced.

Thank you.

Toxi

Banned
That's what the Mizutsune LBG is for.
Fuck that. If I use a Bowgun, it'll be because I want to use a Bowgun. Not because of that garbage monster.

Probably the happiest I have ever been in Monster Hunter was getting a Black Gravios Pallium after one hunt in MH4U. Why? Because it meant I didn't have to fight fucking Black Gravios again.

Corginand

Trailer #3

DLC preview pics have been found in the demo. The remaining returning monsters are...
Giadrome
All the Fatalises
Chaotic Gore
Raging Brachy

There's what appears to be a new mantis-like monster/dragon (could be related to the teaser in that trailer), and people are speculating there's a Deviant Gravios due to where one of Gravios quests is situated on the image set.

That "Gravios" looks too much like a regular one, though it is odd it's in the middle of those deviants.

And I'm so glad
the fatalis trio and chaotic gore
are back <3

Top Bottom