• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

redcrayon

Ok! Thanks for all the replies. I'll follow this game as the info starts flowing. I'm afraid of the effect BloodBorn had on me where Playing BloodBorne by myself was okay, boring, and somewhat easy but playing with someone else was fun for me but couldn't find people to play with.
You won't struggle to find hunters to play with, the nature of the game means that it's in everyone's best interest to play online when they can as it's a far quicker way of gathering materials. The single player campaign is a meaty game in its own right though, and you carry all kit between them, so time spent hunting is rarely wasted.

EDarkness

I just watched the trailers on my NS and I have to admit the game looks pretty good. I didn't get that impression watching it on my computer, though. If you can do this, I recommend doing so. The Nintendo commercial is cool, too.

I wish I could really get into these games, but I feel strange beating up on monsters that are just minding their own business.

I just watched the trailers on my NS and I have to admit the game looks pretty good. I didn't get that impression watching it on my computer, though. If you can do this, I recommend doing so. The Nintendo commercial is cool, too.

I wish I could really get into these games, but I feel strange beating up on monsters that are just minding their own business.
tbf, if it matters that much at least some of these monsters are either threats to nearby human settlements or to the entire environment around them if you're looking for story justification. Consider it trimming the predator population, since often the larger monsters don't have much in the way of competition.

Also they make for nice looking hats.

Kinsei

Banned

You're almost always hunting monsters that are causing trouble for nearby towns.

Nesther

After having digested the whole thing for a few hours, I reached the point where this is my most anticipated Switch game. I cannot contain my excitement.

Mupod

your most anticipated switch game is a 3ds hd port?

Well, I'm buying the system for it. And I've already played hundreds of hours in the game it's an expansion of.

I have a monster of a PC for fancy graphics. MH has gameplay I can't get anywhere else.

Sorry if this has been already asked, but I didn't see it in the opening post. Did that trailer show that you can port your character over from X and not just XX for the 3DS? Cause if so, that's great news to me, since I've gone through that starting build up 4 times now.

Kuni

Finally a MonHun on TV, with a good resolution and control scheme.

I'm all over this. Am a sucker for MonHun. Will get the themed edition if they bring it to UK.

nubbe

I honestly hope your wrong. I want to see MH without it being held back by 2001 hardware anymore. If it still looks shitty, then we know Capcom are just lazy.

Give how easy cross platform communication is.

It would be shocking if it didn't happen since Switch might have 15 million units when MH5 arrives while 3DS might be at 70 million units.
That's leaving a lot of money on the table.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So real talk is there any reason to think they would rebalance the difficulty? XX is already out in Japan on 3DS right? I'm torn between wanting to buy this to encourage them to make 5 on the Switch and really not wanting a game as easy as Generations

Kinsei

Banned
Double cross has G rank right and more monsters?

Yes. It also has a new high rank single player.

So real talk is there any reason to think they would rebalance the difficulty? XX is already out in Japan on 3DS right? I'm torn between wanting to buy this to encourage them to make 5 on the Switch and really not wanting a game as easy as Generations

They won't balance the difficulty, especially since they have cross play with the 3DS version.

Nerazar

That is a great first step :) I am quite certain that MH5 will follow at one point. The Switch is the perfect MH platform for the handheld and console fanbases. I like how fast it comes! Right after Splatoon 2 - Japan sales will be off the roof!*

*) If Nintendo is able to provide the proper supply for the demand...

Producer

well you could try solo g-rank now that its in

Give how easy cross platform communication is.

It would be shocking if it didn't happen since Switch might have 15 million units when MH5 arrives while 3DS might be at 70 million units.
That's leaving a lot of money on the table.
PS3 had a higher install base than that and they 'abandoned' it for PS4 with SF5

Is Nintendo gonna ramp up production in time for Japan? Serious question, they're still sold out and they have a couple heavy hitters coming out soon

jowell24

Wait can we move generations data to and transfer it to switch double cross?

Not quite. You can only transfer save files from MHX and MHXX to the Japanese Switch Version of MHXX.

Since MH Generations is technically a different game, you will only be able to transfer to a Western version of whatever they title the successor to MHGen

I seriously doubt Capcom will abandon 3ds with the huge numbers MH does in Japan.

I don't understand this. The 3DS is 6 years old. At some point publishers have to drop hardware, regardless of how popular it is, so that they can sustain their franchise elsewhere. The same is true for Monster Hunter. I sincerely doubt that you will see another MH game on 3DS. Capcom have squeezed everything they can out of that system, both financially and in terms of actual game design.

They're interested in growing the franchise, not keeping the status quo.

I actually personally think some form of PS4 release is really likely. I just think Capcom's comments are vague enough to be meaningless.

Especially keeping in mind the MH4 announcement PR had a whole paragraph talking about their commitment to a multiplatform strategy which Vita fans held on to as proof it would release on Vita too for years.(Some Wii U fans too)

Vita is...well, Vita. A failed platform that would have done little to contribute to Monster Hunter's continued growth as a franchise. As I said before, I don't think the comments are vague at all. I just think that some people (not you necessarily) don't like what they seem to imply.

sony paid capcom to sell PS4's
and nintendo is happy with selling N2DS's while they sell every switch they can produce

your point is invalid

It's not really invalid. Even if Sony hadn't paid for it, that game would have never showed up on last generation systems. Look at how quickly PS3 and Xbox 360 were dropped by most big publishers. 2014 was the last year we saw any meaningful 7th generation console support.

tuffy

I wonder if this version will have any rumble support (unlike 3U on the Wii U). I didn't see any mention of it in the trailer, but it would be nice to get some feedback when landing a solid hit on a monster's face.

Top Bottom