• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

Tyeforce

Is it known if the 3DS/Switch cross play is local too, or is it online only? I'm curious about what this could mean for Pokémon.

Steiner

Banned
Anyone want to play some generations today? Maybe we could get in a discord or something. I've never played with friends, and I have a very early save file. Want to start playing this game right.

Friend code is

4141 2565 6092 "Socrates"

Zoon

Now that I'm thinking about it localising it shouldn't take long since most of the game has already been done. Right?

tuffy

Now that I'm thinking about it localising it shouldn't take long since most of the game has already been done. Right?
By comparison, we got a Western release of 3 Ultimate (on 3DS and Wii U) only 3 months after the Japanese release on the Wii U. But I wouldn't rule out getting a same day release in this case.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I actually personally think some form of PS4 release is really likely. I just think Capcom's comments are vague enough to be meaningless.

Especially keeping in mind the MH4 announcement PR had a whole paragraph talking about their commitment to a multiplatform strategy which Vita fans held on to as proof it would release on Vita too for years.(Some Wii U fans too)
Tbh there was mild shock at there being no version of mh4 on wiiU, they did after all had mh3u on Wii U and according to capcom it sold pretty well and is one of the better selling 3rd party games on WiiU

Why the hell would you expect next gen assets for a quick 3DS port? Get real for a second. Going from 240p to 1080p is already a huge upgrade. Obviously the asset update won't be here before a non-3DS MH.

No one expects it for the 3DS port. He is talking about the franchise in general. The series went from PS2, to PSP to 3DS. The PS3 and Switch recieved upscaled versions. What is fascinating is they seem to avoid getting the franchise on HD consoles natively.

BigEmil

Outside of the obvious higher resolution as you'd expect it seems they didn't really touch up much more than that, some of the textures are untouched while some textures that's more noticeable they touched up

jahasaja

I see some negativity here and I guess it is warranted. But in my book nobody else does animation that even comes close to MH. Sure the graphics could be better but getting Glavenus in HD on a bigger screen is all I need. (until MH5 that is)

nubbe

Outside of the obvious higher resolution as you'd expect it seems they didn't really touch up much more than that, some of the textures are untouched while some textures that's more noticeable they touched up

If you have a Switch you can watch videos and images on the Switch screen at the JPN eShop and it look pretty nice.
the 3DS version has pretty decent post-processing stuff going on. Hopefully they make it better on Switch

I don't expect to see high quality monster models until we get MH5U or MH6

SRTtoZ

I'll probably give this game a try because my past dislike with Monster Hunter was because of the terrible controls on the 3ds. If this solves those issues I think I might have a chance to like it.

mas8705

So then: Should we start taking bets? With MHXX Switch coming out in less than three months, what would the chances be that we'll get to hear word on a possible MHXX for Switch (and possibly 3DS) for the west next month?

It does feel like it is all but confirmed at this point, but I still find myself not holding my breath on it. Still, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Oregano

So then: Should we start taking bets? With MHXX Switch coming out in less than three months, what would the chances be that we'll get to hear word on a possible MHXX for Switch (and possibly 3DS) for the west next month?

It does feel like it is all but confirmed at this point, but I still find myself not holding my breath on it. Still, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'd almost be willing to bet it gets announced at E3 for a simultaneous release and Nintendo treats it as a big release.

Kinsei

Banned
I'd almost be willing to bet it gets announced at E3 for a simultaneous release and Nintendo treats it as a big release.

I can't see us ever getting a MH game the same day as Japan and Nintendo already has Mario x Rabbids as their big August game.

I really hope they go back to more naturalistic designs for the next game. Valfalk just doesn't look like a Monster Hunter creature to me.

I agree. No jet planes or mech pilots should be in MH5.

Oregano

I can't see us ever getting a MH game the same day as Japan and Nintendo already has Mario x Rabbids as their big August game.

I agree. No jet planes or mech pilots should be in MH5.

Well the release date for MHXX Switch Vers is a Friday in Japan. The typical release day for games in Japan is Thursday and for big games(like MH) it's saturday. We have however seen quite a few Friday releases over the past few weeks/months and they've all been worldwide releases for Switch.

Kinsei

Banned
Well the release date for MHXX Switch Vers is a Friday in Japan. The typical release day for games in Japan is Thursday and for big games(like MH) it's saturday. We have however seen quite a few Friday releases over the past few weeks/months and they've all been worldwide releases for Switch.

Interesting. I guess we'll know for sure in just over 2 weeks.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Is this the easy one or is that Generations? I tried to get into MH 3 on Wii U but it never clicked. Felt like a boss battle I never leveled up for.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
No one expects it for the 3DS port. He is talking about the franchise in general. The series went from PS2, to PSP to 3DS. The PS3 and Switch recieved upscaled versions. What is fascinating is they seem to avoid getting the franchise on HD consoles natively.

There's MonHun Frontier with upgraded graphics

So, this clearly didn't release in the West on 3ds. If it comes here, do you think it's possible to go from Generations to Generations 2.0? I've just started getting into it but I'm not sure the amount of changes from X to XX.

Cerium

So, this clearly didn't release in the West on 3ds. If it comes here, do you think it's possible to go from Generations to Hematoma 2.0? I've just started getting into it but I'm not sure the amount of changes from X to XX.
Well, we know for sure that your saves will transfer.

Kinsei

Banned
So, this clearly didn't release in the West on 3ds. If it comes here, do you think it's possible to go from Generations to Hematoma 2.0? I've just started getting into it but I'm not sure the amount of changes from X to XX.

You can transfer your save from the Japanese version of Generations to XX. I have no doubt that we'll be able to transfer our saves from Generations to whatever they end up calling XX if they localize it.

watershed

Banned
Interesting that the console will have a special design along with the dock. I imagine that means a MH themed image on the back of the console. I wonder if it means a different color as well.

It seems like Nintendo is gonna treat the Switch like the 3ds and create a ton of special editions. We are already seeing color themed joycon for Splatoon and ARMS and I think this is going to be the first special edition Switch unit itself. The moneymaking potential is insane.

Gnomist

I agree that August seems unlikely for the US. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wanted a big online title for the holidays to encourage people to try their online system. With Arms and Splatoon 2 coming out in the summer I would imagine having another prominent online title launching after their service officially starts would be desirable for them.

zeromcd73

https://www.famitsu.com/images/000/134/073/592b86fe6615a.html

Limited edition
uFwyfTx.jpg

Top Bottom