• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

That's the point, still doesn't justify the fact that we shouldn't talk about the graphics right?

You can talk about graphics but comparing it to a PC game makes no sense. The Switch at it's best may never out do PC games from 2007.

Maybe just keep the expectations of a port a lil more reasonable than "look at the PC exclusive MH, why does it look worse than this"

patientx

With them clarifying that english wouldn't be in the release on august I am afraid this wouldn't be a worldwide launch and the english version wouldn't get released at a closer time period with the japanese one.

tuffy

With them clarifying that english wouldn't be in the release on august I am afraid this wouldn't be a worldwide launch and the english version wouldn't get released at a closer time period with the japanese one.
I never expected the Japanese version of XX for the Switch would have any English language options because there's lots of collaboration DLC gear in the Japanese version that isn't going to be available elsewhere for licensing reasons. But that doesn't preclude versions for other regions from launching at the same time.

Eolz

Depends. There's some games like USF2 that got a WW release date, but only japanese in the japanese release, while some others got all languages in one cartridge.

Kinsei

Banned

Another Capcom game (Street Fighter II) had a worldwide release but didn't have an English language option in the Japanese version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never expected the Japanese version of XX for the Switch would have any English language options because there's lots of collaboration DLC gear in the Japanese version that isn't going to be available elsewhere for licensing reasons. But that doesn't preclude versions for other regions from launching at the same time.

We've been getting more and more of the collaboration DLC each time they bring a game over because it is mainly stuff that is also popular in the west.

Garou

Another Capcom game (Street Fighter II) had a worldwide release but didn't have an English language option in the Japanese version.

Capcom making the JP-version of USF2 separate from the rest of the world might be because of the licensing for the first print music-DLC in Japan.

Kinsei

Banned
Capcom making the JP-version of USF2 separate from the rest of the world might be because of the licensing for the first print music-DLC in Japan.

In that case it would makes even more sense for them to do it with MH too. There's a bunch of Japanese DLC that we won't get due to licensing reasons.

Eusis

Meh, it was just announced for Japan. I'd give it longer. Etrian Odyssey V this wasn't (and fortunately that crossed the finish line.)

EDIT: With that said they have to be holding on to the 3DS version until the Switch version if they're even going to bother with that one still. See how MH3U was held back for the Wii U version.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The Spotlight wasn't really 3rd party focused at all. I could see it still being announced.

tuffy

It wouldn't be the first franchise I've had to say goodbye to. But it was a pleasure playing Monster Hunter with GAF folks for the past four years. I had fun.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm​ looking forward Monster Hunter World but I still wanted a localization of MH:XX.

*sigh* Well I got no reason to buy a Switch any time soon now.

EDarkness

Not surprising considering Monster Hunter: World is their Western focused title.

Yep. I didn't think Capcom would waste time on porting MH XX over the NS and 3DS. Why do that when the big western focused game is coming next year? No one should be surprised, but there's still time for them to announce it.

I could've sworn MH games typically take some time to get a western announcement after its first revealed in Japan. Weren't the last several on the 3DS successful? I doubt they'd drop it just yet. I'll give it a year.

EDarkness

I could've sworn MH games typically take some time to get a western announcement after its first revealed in Japan. Weren't the last several on the 3DS successful? I doubt they'd drop it just yet. I'll give it a year.

Considering that they're releasing Monster Hunter: World worldwide early next year, they don't have much time to wait on this unless they're going to release both games at the same time. I think they REALLY want Monster Hunter to succeed on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Probably more than they want NS players.

Beats

I kinda expected it to not get announced during the spotlight.

I'm interested in trying World, but I'd still like portable MH to get localized. Hopefully we still get it, but idk :x

Thoraxes

E3 is not over.

Nintendo said they would break news.

Break them.

I would be super bummed to not get a game with G rank content in it when they released the first part already.

Also the whole releasing on Friday for the first time in a while thing. I suppose importing is a possibility though, so I would just do that instead.

Mupod

I was 200% ready to buy a Switch until this localization became uncertain. YOU ARE TEARING ME APART CAPCOM.

c3yjhwL.gif

Considering that they're releasing Monster Hunter: World worldwide early next year, they don't have much time to wait on this unless they're going to release both games at the same time. I think they REALLY want Monster Hunter to succeed on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Probably more than they want NS players.

Why does it have to release prior/at the same time to MH World? Is there an expiration date I'm unaware of?

Thoraxes

Can people least wait till E3 is over lol. This could very much be revealed on Treehouse.
After the MH World announcement and the massive feelings of disappointment over it, the prospect of suddenly going potentially 3-4 years without a mainline MH game+localization closes in on you pretty fast.

tuffy

Why does it have to release prior/at the same time to MH World? Is there an expiration date I'm unaware of?
Hypothetically it could release after. But Generations took 8 months to localize, so there's no reason an expansion with less text should take longer.

Top Bottom