• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Dunlop

You can rename as often as you like. In Japan, ppl often change their name to reflect who or what they're looking for in their party (monsters, abilities, luck, etc).

thx!

I killed my battery on my phone this morning with my endless rerolls or I would have checked the options lol

Uthred

Any thoughts on Zeus (the Zeus is luck 5 if that matters much) vs Arthur (luck 1) ? I've one on my phone and one on tablet but not sure if I want to stick with two accounts? (Though cheesing group stuff seems to be a good way to rank up quickly at the lower ranks)

Wanchan

Can somebody explain just exactly what sync strikes do?

I guess it's the US name of the "strike docking" right? http://www.appbank.net/2014/03/06/iphone-application/767398.php

It unleashes all the strike shot of your team at once (only work in Multi) when your team is low (less than 30% HP), but it's rarely used since the requirement are really hard to set and risk/reward plain sucks. here's a video of Max Murai trying Shiva's strike docking : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHCr-ftao8

Ashodin

Well Odin had this sync strike that fires homing shots if you bump with another deity. Saw my fiancee trigger it last night, no 30% required

KimChi

I'm a bit confused on what to do for zeus. One of the wiki said dark ascension zeus is the best ascension so would I just evo Zeus to 6* and then dark ascension? cause his 5* also has ascensions too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm a bit confused on what to do for zeus. One of the wiki said dark ascension zeus is the best ascension so would I just evo Zeus to 6* and then dark ascension? cause his 5* also has ascensions too.

Yeah I don't quite understand these things either.

You can switch between evolutions and ascensions at any time as long as you have the materials and levels. Just swipe left/right on the evo screen to access the other ones. The ones on the wiki listed are identical between 5* and 6*.

Just got a 5* from the Friend Hatcher, but it is Striker Jr. xD Does he evolve into Striker?

Also, what are the best ways to level up? The guide seems to be wrong, as a level 1 fed to a level 1 does not give level 9.

Wanchan

Note that you don't have to evo Zeus to 6* to ascend, you can ascend from his 5* form, it just require more monsters as feeders but it is sometimes cheaper than having to spend stones to 6* then level all the way to max then ascend since you can only ascend/evo at max level.

KimChi

Note that you don't have to evo Zeus to 6* to ascend, you can ascend from his 5* form, it just require more monsters as feeders but it is sometimes cheaper than having to spend stones to 6* then ascend.

Yeah it's kinda neat you can skip over 6* straight to ascended.

ahh ok, so ascension lets you skip evolving altogether.
Would there be any difference in stats if doing ascension from 5* vs 6*? just curious

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thunderbird Dungeon is primarily to get Thunderbird, which you can either use as a monster in your team (i guess since the game just begun), but later on those event dungeon/monster/boss 4* are used as feeder only. Some 5* needs Thunderbird to evolve 6* in their second form, Zeus need 5xFire Dragon or 5xDark Dragon (3x only if you evolve him with stones) so look out for those dungeons/event. (i recommend Dark Dragon since it's Dark Evo is a bit better than his Fire evo).

If you're looking for yellow stones, like the yellow glass stones (big round one), it's best to wait for the daily material dungeon but you can probably find some in any Light Dungeons.

Ah nice, thanks its a bit more clearer now. Appreciated !!

Got the stones i needed for Zeus as well thanks to the Sat Special :)

2014-10-25-20-29-18pofzz.png

btw. Can someone try to add me again ? Maybe it works now....

My ID: 232,989,460,481

Ashodin

Damn I think you're the first one to evolve Zeus

Draxal

So it goes evolve -> ascend? And you can skip evolve if you just go straight to ascend? No loss of stats or anything?

Think of ascension as alternative evolves. There's trade offs for going to each for Zeus, the dark one (all the way to the right is his best version right now).

Is there a place that lists the preferred evolution/ascension for each monster? Gonna add it to the reroll list. Also started a small FAQ; any other questions that come up often?

chrono01

Pretty much the same time:
Congrats, you two!

I just need a few more Shoals [and a bit of XP] before I evolve mine. I was going to wait until I could Descend him, but seeing that you need two less Dark Dragons if you evolve him to the 6* via Shoals [and how difficult the Dark Dragons are to obtain, apparently], I think the Shoal-idea is better.

Think of ascension as alternative evolves. There's trade offs for going to each for Zeus, the dark one (all the way to the right is his best version right now).
It's similar to how there are different Ultimate Evolutions in Puzzle & Dragons. What IS different, though, is that you can "Ultimate Evolve" your Unit while skipping a former evolution. That's appreciated.

Wanchan

Is there a place that lists the preferred evolution/ascension for each monster? Gonna add it to the reroll list. Also started a small FAQ; any other questions that come up often?

Not really, but I'm using this list : http://xn--eckwa2aa3a9c8j8bve9d.gamewith.jp/article/show/284 since it gives a score out of 10 for every 6* out there, evolution or ascended. For example Odin Ascended scores 9/10 but Evolution only 8.5, and if you know japanese, there's explanation as to why. But translating everything would be a ton of work.

Okay, I'm finding myself with way too many shitty monsters with no obvious use--what should I do with them? I have no purple monsters in my party, for instance, so what should I do with the ones that I'd normally fuse? Sell them? Save them?

I also got a red upgrade that will allow one of my monsters to level up 20 times--should I use this on my Lancelot, or wait for something else?

Draxal

Okay, I'm finding myself with way too many shitty monsters with no obvious use--what should I do with them? I have no purple monsters in my party, for instance, so what should I do with the ones that I'd normally fuse? Sell them? Save them?

I also got a red upgrade that will allow one of my monsters to level up 20 times--should I use this on my Lancelot, or wait for something else?

I just give them to my main, they give you so many turtles that it doesn't element bonus doesn't matter.

And yeah, we were doing a sat run (dstone dropped) that I was hosting and it lagged everybody out of the game but me, sorry everybody.

Eep, about to pull my first 10-shot. Is there anything I should know before spending 50 orbs?

I just give them to my main, they give you so many turtles that it doesn't element bonus doesn't matter.

And yeah, we were doing a sat run (dstone dropped) that I was hosting and it lagged everybody out of the game but me, sorry everybody.

Thanks!

Ashodin

Eep, about to pull my first 10-shot. Is there anything I should know before spending 50 orbs?

Pray to whatever deity you desire, it won't work

Also my fiancee and I tried co-op together last night, and I'm sure she's hooked. It takes a bit to start though because we're burning MP from Quiz RPG on the Tournament that's up.

Neither the QR code or the link work for me. :| I get a message saying it can't find an app to use. The QR code reader in the LINE app won't read it.

I want orbs, damn it!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Neither the QR code or the link work for me. :| I get a message saying it can't find an app to use. The QR code reader in the LINE app won't read it.

I want orbs, damn it!

Had the same problem - just use the Line link thats posted as well.

So... um... Bad news for me yesterday.
My iPad crapped out on me and I was forced to restore it.
I'm already redownloading all the apps I had and unfortunately, relevant to this OT, I had to start over.

Anyway, I have Columbia (5*) and here is my new ID: 204,695,267,597.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Huh... I can just evolve my 4* into decent 5*. Sure they won't have an evo but I have so many I don't really care right now :D
Too bad the fighter plane is redundant in my team and is 4* only :(

*After waking up suddenly everyone is MAX, hahaha.

oRmo9Aq.png

Is there an easy way to transfer data between my iPad 3 and my new iPad Air 2? Like, an easy way for dummies? I downloaded ifunbox but can't seem to make it work. I found my "secret code" but have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to lose my Zeus after rerolling a million times. Thanks!

Ducarmel

I just did my 3rd golden 10 shot

I got only 2 5 stars, Columbia and Sanada Yukimura, rest are 4 stars that are eating up my box space.

I'm going to have to read through that Japanese ranking page and see which 4 stars to keep and which ones to feed/sell.

Hopefully I can grind another 50 stones before the event finishes.

Fauve

Is there an easy way to transfer data between my iPad 3 and my new iPad Air 2? Like, an easy way for dummies? I downloaded ifunbox but can't seem to make it work. I found my "secret code" but have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to lose my Zeus after rerolling a million times. Thanks!

iFunbox doesn't work for me either, so I use iTools.

Plug in your iPad 3 and go to iTools. On iTools, look for the MonsterStrike app and click on browse. When you're in the folder, go to the documents folder and copy Data10 and Data11 (you may just need Data10 but this is just to be sure) and put it somewhere easily accessible like your desktop. After that, plug in your iPad Air 2 and again browse the MonsterStrike folder. Now all you have to do is drag the Data10 and Data11 files you copied earlier to the documents folder and copy + replace when it asks you to.

Top Bottom