• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Only thing I can think of is to get 'shared in person experiences' data for Facebook or something.

The fact that this North American change is combined with a marketing push and doesn't affect the other regions is nuts.

Only thing I can think of is to get 'shared in person experiences' data for Facebook or something.

The fact that this North American change is combined with a marketing push and doesn't affect the other regions is nuts.

Right? It's insane. Like, it'd make sense in Japan because the country is many times smaller than NA and I imagine the audience that plays together can play locally.

In North America, you're looking at....New York, LA, Florida this being viable. Hell, the length of California supersedes Japan by many times. This might be aimed at the eastern tip in NY and that region, but it's still insane for them to do this.

fek

Finished the new floors of the tower (36-40) two days ago in JP. All are very easy for anyone who already got up to there, except for 36.
36 depends on a lot of things. It's a volcano stage (you take damage every turn) and no healing items. To avoid the volcano gimmick you need to defeat the angel enemies so they drop potions that protect you for a few turns. To heal you need to hit the galaxy monsters so they activate healing walls for 1 turn with their counter attack. The healing walls are usually on terrible places and don't heal that much. On top of that, it's a damage wall and warp stage and the boss is Izanami. Last stage has no angels so there's no guarantee you will be able to get a potion to avoid the volcano damage.
I beat it with Athena, Anubis, Yamato and friend Verdandi. Dartanyan, Sinbad, Lancelot and Susanoo are probably the top picks for it.

Cdb-BhnWwAEeDAH.jpg

tief_blau

Neo Member
RIP. It was fun while it lasted.

Finished the new floors of the tower (36-40) two days ago...

Are you still gonna make videos for ms? Starting fresh in JP is too much of an undertaking for me with all the stuff I had in NA, but I still enjoy seeing what new things they roll out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If I had bothered to farm up the 1000 referral orbs I might have swapped but never did.
I won't be updating for a while just in principle of the matter and see if they come out and say anything.

*I see there's a non-root way to spoof, hmm. I have been meaning to root my phone though.

fek

Are you still gonna make videos for ms? Starting fresh in JP is too much of an undertaking for me with all the stuff I had in NA, but I still enjoy seeing what new things they roll out.
Yeah, I actually bought a capture card that I will be getting early next month so my recordings should get better quality soon.

Lockon

I guess everyone quit the NA version?

I got Lucy today so I think I'm going to play a bit more now since I have been just logging in for 3-4 months.

chrono01

I got Lucy today so I think I'm going to play a bit more now since I have been just logging in for 3-4 months.
I had just under 200 orbs. That, combined with the 550 I spent a while back, I decided if I failed to pull Lucy with them that I would quit. I didn't pull her, so I'm quitting. To be honest, it's not just that but the social changes they've been making. I'm invested in so many other gatcha games and more upcoming ones, I don't really need MS anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

Congrats to you, though!

Grats!

After they outlined the changes along with the other changes that have been made, I decided to stop playing it myself. I had lucy but, I disliked the whole 'co-op' dungeons to begin with, and when they said they were removing online from that, seeing as how most of the major boss quests were relegated to those co-op quests..I was like nah.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Started different game. And my box is pretty stacked (3 Lucy, 3 Sidekick S, 800+ Orb)
Shame since the core gameplay and social aspects are legitimately great.

Plus the account is worthless now, can't even sell it

fek

Crazy how I had so much trouble with floor 36 last month and then cleared it first try now.
First I got a Sinbad in the last water hatcher and evolved it immediately, it's amazing for the quest. And the other big change is Raff's new evo. I don't have her but there's plenty of people who put her up so I used her too. She's crazy strong for this with healing, 12 turn command SS and her bump is nice too.

wilflare

sorry to bump this up but it seems like they are bringing co-op back for the NA version.

if anyone of you still have me on your friend list for MS, please tell me what's my Player ID ^^

chrono01

I don't even care anymore, I've already replaced it with a few other gatcha games.

Nice to see them revert on the change. I'm not sure it'll bring players back, though. The low drop-rate for the hatchers don't help things. I don't think I've received a single useful monster out of 1000 orbs. :/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don't even care anymore, I've already replaced it with a few other gatcha games.

Nice to see them revert on the change. I'm not sure it'll bring players back, though. The low drop-rate for the hatchers don't help things. I don't think I've received a single useful monster out of 1000 orbs. :/
Pretty much this.

Bringing it back is just a bandaid on a profusely bleeding wound, lol.

Yeah. When they announced it, I pretty much called that it would be a horrible for the USA because it's not like Japan which is extremely dense with people. Can't believe it took them 3 months to figure it out on their end.

Macrotus

Haven't been in this thread for a bit, but looks like there was a lot going on with the US version.

I've googled the Affinity system someone was talking about and it seems way OP compared to the JP version lol

Oh, and still no Lucy for me.... Rank 249 atm..
I got two Gabriels though =/
Its like Lucys been banned from my account...
I've looked at how many days I've logged on and I'm almost going to hit 450 days.
Mixi, give me my freaken Lucy already!!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yeah, they killed the game with the announcement of online co-op removal. I know I'm a bit LTTP on the reaction to this, but it is what it is.

Honestly, I loved this game. I hated the co-op stuff because it gave them an excuse to have shit for drop rates. They stated once that it's not about you having an OP team, it's about everyone having one or two really good monsters and working together. Which is stupid as fuck.

Whatever - game was awesome but ruined by the devs.

Strain

Hey guys, so I lost my old line account the process of changing phones, so can some invite my new account to the gaf group
User ID: jayhale

john tv

Nice. I started playing JP again as well. Nabbed Gabriel on the three-year anniversary thing, so I'm incentivized to play a little longer at least. :p

Yeah that 3rd anniversary thing was basically the reason I started playing again. Rolled Robin Hood out of it and he helped me build a team that let me finally clear some of the 5* dungeons to make some badly needed ascensions. And now there's an event going on to get a free Gabriel/Uriel (although I'm guessing you'd need to grind super hard to reach that point)

Game's gotten a lot nicer since I last really played though. When I gave up divine sharls were basically a myth, but now I've got more than I'll ever need, I've hypermaxed three monsters after spending all the morlings I had stocked up in my box (also morlings and turtles no longer take up any box space) and there's just a lot more reachable content in general.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah that 3rd anniversary thing was basically the reason I started playing again. Rolled Robin Hood out of it and he helped me build a team that let me finally clear some of the 5* dungeons to make some badly needed ascensions. And now there's an event going on to get a free Gabriel/Uriel (although I'm guessing you'd need to grind super hard to reach that point)

Game's gotten a lot nicer since I last really played though. When I gave up divine sharls were basically a myth, but now I've got more than I'll ever need, I've hypermaxed three monsters after spending all the morlings I had stocked up in my box (also morlings and turtles no longer take up any box space) and there's just a lot more reachable content in general.
Do you mean Micha/Uri? It's only a chance and it's easy to get to that point by normal playing.

I started playing JP solo since my MonStrike clone game was getting depressing. I still hate the physics engine though; just got bopped by a girl riding a dinosaur from some extra stage, whatever that was...

Oops that's what I get for glazing over kanji I barely recognize.

The ultimate guide on strikeshot mentions dailies that have a good chance of dropping morlings, but I don't see anything under the Event category that's obviously it. Where's it located?

Shouta

I tried getting Gabriiel or Robin Hood from the anniversary gatcha but got the Jushinka Valkyrie. =( That's nice itself but oh well.

I have a bunch of units to Ascend but it's kind of annoying having to wait for their events to cycle back through. Been sitting on this Mamon for awhile.

fek

Oops that's what I get for glazing over kanji I barely recognize.

The ultimate guide on strikeshot mentions dailies that have a good chance of dropping morlings, but I don't see anything under the Event category that's obviously it. Where's it located?
That's a quest that only exists in the global version.

Do you mean Micha/Uri? It's only a chance and it's easy to get to that point by normal playing.

I started playing JP solo since my MonStrike clone game was getting depressing. I still hate the physics engine though; just got bopped by a girl riding a dinosaur from some extra stage, whatever that was...
That's Hakwa, less than 1% chance of getting her to show up after (almost) any extreme quest.

That's a quest that only exists in the global version.
Sucks, but it's nice to see mixi try to make the global version appealing to play (asides from temporarily removing multiplayer). Too often the international releases of mobage end up crippled from day one.

Are running late game normal dungeons the best way to get morlings in JP?

fek

Sucks, but it's nice to see mixi try to make the global version appealing to play (asides from temporarily removing multiplayer). Too often the international releases of mobage end up crippled from day one.

Are running late game normal dungeons the best way to get morlings in JP?

Yeah, normal quests are the best way but running temple quests, especially in half stamina events is also a good way to get some morlings while trying to get a nice berry for your monsters.

Fuck, ran into dinosaur chick just now and got her down to the last HP bar, but couldn't keep the constantly reviving adds down fast enough to access the heal walls :(

I need a good monster with pierce I think. What're the best farmable options that don't involve Impossibles?

fek

Fuck, ran into dinosaur chick just now and got her down to the last HP bar, but couldn't keep the constantly reviving adds down fast enough to access the heal walls :(

I need a good monster with pierce I think. What're the best farmable options that don't involve Impossibles?
Depends a lot but for starters Ghost/Ghoulie or Hikaru Genji for GB and Takiyasha for DW are great.

Macrotus

Nice to see some people come back.

I haven't quit yet, but the recent additional high difficulty dungeons are making my motivation decrease.

I beat eden by luck using, Tsukuyomi (luck max), Loki, Gabriel, Loki a while back.
But then shortly after, they introduce a new gatcha character named Goho and 2 or 3 other characters that made the most difficult dungeon at that point, to a face roll dungeon.
Then they recently introduce Memento, a new boss, but that quest really limits which monster which you can take. And the new gatcha characters they introduced right before Memento release made this boss easy. So in other words, if you don't have those characters, its just too difficult.

I understand that these gatcha games want you to spend money on gatchas,
but how Mixi tunes the game balance right now, is just too shitty.
It was fine a while back...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice to see some people come back.

I haven't quit yet, but the recent additional high difficulty dungeons are making my motivation decrease.

I beat eden by luck using, Tsukuyomi (luck max), Loki, Gabriel, Loki a while back.
But then shortly after, they introduce a new gatcha character named Goho and 2 or 3 other characters that made the most difficult dungeon at that point, to a face roll dungeon.
Then they recently introduce Memento, a new boss, but that quest really limits which monster which you can take. And the new gatcha characters they introduced right before Memento release made this boss easy. So in other words, if you don't have those characters, its just too difficult.

I understand that these gatcha games want you to spend money on gatchas,
but how Mixi tunes the game balance right now, is just too shitty.
It was fine a while back...

It was super bad at the start. It's one of the few gacha games I've played that I actually felt was tuned wildly against the players. Even though PAD has some bad pulls, the system is setup so that you can at least make use of subpar monsters via inheritance or sell them for a special currency used to buy special monsters. In MS, I felt that you either had the required monsters to succeed or you didn't. You couldn't improvise a team. That was a serious flaw for me. Plus you basically needed an S or A+ starting roll or you wouldn't be able to start tackling the special dungeons.

I loved the game when I was playing pre-coop nerf (despite my gripes with the gacha). But once they made that switch, I lost all faith in them.

Macrotus

In MS, I felt that you either had the required monsters to succeed or you didn't. You couldn't improvise a team.

This is how I'm starting to feel.

The gap of how difficult those high-end dungeons feel depending on which gatcha monsters you own has become huge lately. I guess they've become more greedy and want users to spend more money on gatchas.

My friend wanted Goho to make Eden more easier, so he tried 40 pulls, which is more than 10,000 yen, but failed to obtain him/her. And thats from a Gatcha Event that gives you more chances to get specific characters like Goho, Rembrent etc.
At least he got Rembrant to make the new Yomi boss easy...

I really love the basic game mechanics. (Pool or pinball-isa type of game with nice characters)
But their greed has been making the game balance so shitty lately.

Shouta

I want Yusuke, Hiei, or Kurama but I only got Kuwabara and Genkai. ;_;

Being able to bounce Yusuke's Reigan is pretty sick.

So I know this is EXTREMELY unlikely, but I was wondering if anyone still happens to have me in their Friendlist for the Global version (Under Barrylocke, or MAYBE Barry@GAF). I either can't find or I deleted my screenshot that had my Player ID and so I can't recover my data. I haven't played in at least a year, probably more, so I know this is an extreme longshot that someone who still plays from that time period has me in their friendlist, but it may be my last chance for recovering my old data.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I know this is EXTREMELY unlikely, but I was wondering if anyone still happens to have me in their Friendlist for the Global version (Under Barrylocke, or MAYBE Barry@GAF). I either can't find or I deleted my screenshot that had my Player ID and so I can't recover my data. I haven't played in at least a year, probably more, so I know this is an extreme longshot that someone who still plays from that time period has me in their friendlist, but it may be my last chance for recovering my old data.

Dont play the game anymore but i still had you in my list. Here you go...

Shouta

I've had some terribad luck with pulls in JP recently but I just managed to pull the movie version of Ryoma. I really needed him too, lol.

How bad of a wash is the movie gacha?

Also just noticed the Harleys got a transcenion, I spent so much effort trying to beat Micah for her ascension recently lol

Shouta

Epocha or whatever is garbage, I think. She's 5-star only and kind of the filler unit there. Every other unit has the same stats as their counterpart but different art. So Ryoma and Arthur are their Beast Ascension (or whatever it's called) making them very good units. Amakusa Shiro, Ribbon, and Napeleon are similar to their versions too.

Oragon seems to be kind of weak but he seems cool to have.

Top Bottom