• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More dual game packs from Sony coming: Uncharted 1 & 2

Are they now in HD--wait that doesn't work.

I thought they were already bundled together before, or am I just imagining things?

Are those PSP Dual packs on UMD or digital downloads?

Doesn't matter either way I guess because I own one game of each dual pack.

demosthenes said:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/06/08/uncharted-and-psp-dual-packs-incoming/

Searched and only saw the thread about Sony also doing this w/ Resistance 1 & 2. Think it's pretty smart, and hopefully they're just $30. Great deal for people that have never played it and new owners of the system.

A great idea! Asa new ps3 owner I look forward to picking up these games!

It also shows support to the developers, as it is difficult to keep older back catalog titles on retail shelves. This will extend the tail of the product's lifespan and allow the developers to continue generating revenue.

This is something I hope more publishers embrace

baekshi said:
There is a source where it said they are going to be $40.

That would be disappointing to see. No sense in charging so much when you might get a new sale out of Uncharted 3 by someone getting this.

demosthenes said:
That would be disappointing to see. No sense in charging so much when you might get a new sale out of Uncharted 3 by someone getting this.
It's a promotional tool. Release it now and try and grab people who haven't played the series yet. Then when Uncharted 3 comes out they end up picking it up as well.

WillyFive

Guevara said:
Terrifyingly bad cover art.

When you have stuff like this, you may want it to look like that. It gets the point across that there are two games in there. You want your costumer informed so they buy your game.

plc268

I'd probably rebuy it. It's been awhile since I've played Uncharted 1, and I'm kinda itching to go through U2 again.

Nizz

Doesn't seem too bad. Twenty bucks apiece for R1 and R2 and Uncharted 1 & 2. Uncharted games go for $29.99 right? Well, Amazon sometimes has them lower than that.

baekshi

Banned
SykoTech said:
Huh, fancy that. Might buy. Will it include all the DLC?
Since the box shows GOTY Uncharted 2, yes it will.
edit:
Game of the Year Edition Includes:

3 Downloadable Content packs that include 19 skins, 4 maps, and one new game mode.
3 boosters for use in online multiplayer modes including "Currency Multiplier," "Golden Guns," and early access to "Revenge."
4 Uncharted: Eye of Indra animated motion comics.
2 multiplayer skins of characters featured in the Eye of Indra motion comic series.
4 PlayStation Network Avatar Packs including 18 premium Uncharted avatars.
Pinball Heroes--Uncharted PSP game.

It says U2 is game of the year edition, so it will include the DLC.

Never played these games, always wanted to. I'll buy this.

AvidNobody said:
I hate how these cases are visual pollution to my collection...

I'm picky, sorry.

If you are that picky, you should print your own. Gaf members provide way better looking covers than anything at retail.

odhiex

I already have Uncharted 1 & 2 ... Probably get the Resistance pack instead.. This is sweet promotional idea really, for those who want to complete the Trilogies on their shelf.

Lion Heart said:
If you are that picky, you should print your own. Gaf members provide way better looking covers than anything at retail.

What are good grades of paper to print on? Could I take an image to a Staples print center and get them to do it?

Shalashaska161 said:
It's a promotional tool. Release it now and try and grab people who haven't played the series yet. Then when Uncharted 3 comes out they end up picking it up as well.

I understand and it makes more sense to me to price it @ $30...more ppl buy this and you get ppl to buy Uncharted 3 new. As a promotional tool, it's better @ $30...but oh well.

Houston3000 said:
Wow, that's terrible.

You can get both games for under $20 each. I saw Resistance 2 the other day for $15... actually it's only $14.75 on Amazon itself.

but you can't find them both in most b&m stores. Target and Walmart have stopped carrying Resistance on their shelves, and would likely drop Reistance 2 after the new game launches. gamestop has stopped carrying both R1 and R2, and only sell used copies.

This ensures shelf space for another 12 months or so, and extends the viability of those games.

Also, why are you comparing the discounted price to the MSRP? Are you assuming that Amazon is never going to discount it as well?

Houston3000 said:
Wow, that's terrible.

You can get both games for under $20 each. I saw Resistance 2 the other day for $15... actually it's only $14.75 on Amazon itself.

You're missing the point. I'd wager that the majority of games are still bought in B&M stores.

Hmm. Already snagged U2: GOTY for $27ish off Amazon.
Well I didn't like what I played of the first game anyway so eh. Maybe I'll just finish watching the LP of it.

Agent X

The Uncharted dual pack is a sweet deal if you don't have those games yet, but those PSP dual packs are some rather strange pairings.

For what it's worth, Ignition released Mercury and Mercury Meltdown together in one package several months ago, and I think the two games are combined together on a single UMD.

Persona7

Banned
I wonder if they are going to take EVERY god of war game (1,2,3 and the incoming PSP pack) and package them together.

Loudninja

Uncharted Collection,Resistance dual pack, and Ratchet & Clank dual pack Releases on July 22
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has confirmed that a box set containing the first two Uncharted games - Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves - will be released on July 22.

Furthermore, to get you in the mood for Naughty Dog's latest, the pack will include an Uncharted 3 dynamic theme and avatar.

Sony Europe also announced that the Resistance Dual Pack, containing Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2, will be released on the same day, as will a Ratchet & Clank double-bill of A Crack in Time and Tools of Destruction.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1178884p1.html

Top Bottom