• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

Jarmel

Banned
Lakitu said:
Just wanted to add a couple of tidbits from a page I somehow missed the first time around, people have already seen it, but anyway:

-They saw a cut-scene where the Normandy and a fleet of alien ships go through a mass relay together.
-The structure of the story is a little different to Mass Effect and ME 2 but it bears more resemblance to the first game's story. 'Mass Effect 3, in simple terms, is a little more like the first game. You're collecting pieces of a story, but the more you investigate and explore these themes, the more the game will unlock and you'll see the bigger picture.' Its more of a traditional story.
-They're not going to end the game like a traditional war story, where you beat the bad guys and celebrate.
All these characters and relationships created will be a big part of the ending.

There is no way that they showed the final battle. So I'm wondering if the Normandy and alien fleet scene happens early in the game and you essentially get your ass kicked. That could be the Citadel fleet.

The point about the structure being closer to ME1 is godly news.

benzy said:
Ashley_Williams_in_Mass_Effect_3.jpg

Wow, that hair doesn't look entirely like Styrofoam or plastic.

What a surprise.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Lakitu said:
So you're saying the only reason why people romanced her in ME 1 is that she was the only human female on board (besides Dr. Chakwas)?

Yes, obviously. And i would bet most of the alien romances didn't come down to mere curiosity! Most of them are because Liara is the prettier one.

Grisby

Kyoufu said:
She is bored because the council won't acknowledge the threat of the Reapers, so she has nothing to do!

There needs to be some sort of air quoting in ME3. That is the one thing I care about.

Grisby said:
There needs to be some sort of air quoting in ME3. That is the one thing I care about.
"Shepard, the Reapers are attacking the Citadel, you must sa..."

"Ah yes, 'Reapers', the sentient race of starships allegedly laying waste to the galaxy. We have dismissed that claim."

In any case, the scans look great. This game's gonna be awesome.

WrikaWrek said:
Yes, obviously. And i would bet most of the alien romances didn't come down to mere curiosity! Most of them are because Liara is the prettier one.

Liara just feels so sad. I don't know if i am the only one who feels that way but her voice, her words, even the way she looks at Shephard makes me think that she is sad.

WrikaWrek

Banned
valentine71 said:
Liara just feels so sad. I don't know if i am the only one who feels that way but her voice, her words, even the way she looks at Shephard makes me think that she is sad.

Of course she's sad, she's blue.

Lakitu

st5fu
WrikaWrek said:

Or it could be that Liara is gagging for it and comes for you before you even say hello.

You have to earn it with Ashley.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Lakitu said:
Or it could be that Liara is gagging for it and comes for you before you even say hello.

You have to earn it with Ashley.

Ugly and unaccessible. I've met a few like that, can't understand it.

Kyoufu

Mass Effect 3 Endings:

Paragon:

Shepard with the help of the Alliance military and other races defeat the Reapers. Shepard and Liara have kids.

Renegade:

Shepard turns her back on humanity, on the galaxy. Helps Harbinger's Ascension take place. Humans take over the galaxy whilst slaves to the Reapers. The Reapers' true motives become clear. Harbinger is preparing humans against the real threat; the only species more powerful than the Reapers themselves: Species 8472.

Thus another trilogy is born. New species. New thread. New hero.

Ikkarus

Kyoufu said:
Mass Effect 3 Endings:

Paragon:

Shepard with the help of the Alliance military and other races defeat the Reapers. Shepard and Liara have kids.

Renegade:

Shepard turns her back on humanity, on the galaxy. Helps Harbinger's Ascension take place. Humans take over the galaxy whilst slaves to the Reapers. The Reapers' true motives become clear. Harbinger is preparing humans against the real threat; the only species more powerful than the Reapers themselves: Species 8472.

Thus another trilogy is born. New species. New thread. New hero.
Either of those endings could result in a new species arriving. I think EA would want to continue ME for as long as possible, so another volume could very easily be in order.

Kinyou

Ikkarus said:
Either of those endings could result in a new species arriving. I think EA would want to continue ME for as long as possible, so another volume could very easily be in order.
PPPRRRRREEEEEE-----QQUUUEEELLLL

Ikkarus said:
If 3 sells were then there will definitely be another numbered entry in the franchise. Even if the trilogy is over.

Assuming of course that TOR doesn't end up sinking Bioware and EA

Jarmel

Banned
Kinyou said:
PPPRRRRREEEEEE-----QQUUUEEELLLL

I would love to play it somewhat like Reach, knowing that you're going to lose. Play as the Protheans and do what you can to slow down the Reapers and set up Ilos. Would be amazing. It could have a really tragic vibe to it.

Enosh

Kyoufu said:
the only species more powerful than the Reapers themselves: Species 8472
which promptly get beaten into a pulp beacose the mass effect universe actualy has some military competence compared to the united federation "fuck body armor and usefull weapons" of planets or "lets stick the nanoprobes a 20th time into the alien ship even through the previous 19 atempts failed" borg?

Lakitu

st5fu
The only Mass Effect RPG I want after is something set on the Citadel. Play as a hard-boiled Turian C-SEC agent.

Jarmel

Banned
Lakitu said:
The only Mass Effect RPG I want after is something set on the Citadel. Play as a hard-boiled Turian C-SEC agent.

But where's the overall plot?

*plays ME2 again*

Oh wait.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lakitu said:

Hotel Zekera: Ward 215

Myomoto

Lakitu said:

This. A million times this. I want a Mass Effect noire detective story SO BAD.

Jarmel

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

Does this really need to be discussed again? ME2 really did nothing to further the overall plot in the ME trilogy. The only possible tidbit of information or plot progression to be had was that we might know why the Reapers harvest people. That's it.

USD

-Needs more lesbians. Or just say fuck it and make every squad member a possible romance option. Hell, everyone (significant) on the ship. Given the option, I would have gotten down with the good old doctor. Something about her character I just like. That and her sexy voice.
-More character dialogue. It's like you talk to them several times, random crew conflict, finish the loyalty mission, and then it's endless calibrations. Would also help if everything felt a little less structured, static, and inconsequential.

Jarmel said:
Does this really need to be discussed again? ME2 really did nothing to further the overall plot in the ME trilogy. The only possible tidbit of information or plot progression to be had was that we might know why the Reapers harvest people. That's it.

The way you were phrasing it I thought you were saying the opposite. Carry on.

PBalfredo

Lakitu said:
Similarly, I've wanted to play as Garrus during the time he and his vigilantes were single-handedly taking on all crime in Omega.

Considering Omega is a mob-run hive of scum and villainy, that meant taking on pretty much the entirety of Omega. Garrus definitely had the most bad-ass summer vacation between ME1 and ME2.

EatChildren said:
I have a friend who's favourite characters are Miranda, Ashley and Liara (in that order). He doesn't have any interest in anyone else. Also he only plays as default male soldier Shepard.

What do gaf?
Is he having fun? If yes, then let him have his fun?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MrTroubleMaker said:
Is he having fun? If yes, then let him have his fun?

I dont come to GAF for good, honest, friendly advice goddamnit.

Jarmel

Banned
PBalfredo said:
Similarly, I've wanted to play as Garrus during the time he and his vigilantes were single-handedly taking on all crime in Omega.

Considering Omega is a mob-run hive of scum and villainy, that meant taking on pretty much the entirety of Omega. Garrus definitely had the most bad-ass summer vacation between ME1 and ME2.

And Ashley was made the SPECTRE. Fuck this shit.

I find it odd that no one ever mentions how Liara went from an introverted archeologist in ME1, to a paranoid, ruthless, power-obsessed generalissimo in ME2.

They might as well have just made a completely new character.

Kyoufu

FutureZombie said:
I find it odd that no one ever mentions how Liara went from an introverted archeologist in ME1, to a paranoid, ruthless, power-obsessed generalissimo in ME2.

They might as well have just made a completely new character.

Isn't that the Asari cycle of life? Look at how her mother turned out.

EmCeeGramr said:
This is really awkward.
Its all the hand gestures he uses to show how things would look like on himself. Oh and the "yeah we really didn't think too much about it, we just said yeah fuck it lets go with this one whatever".

Edit:
also I have no idea why they really wanted to go with the scared face. I mean really, he is the only character that has anything like that. Wrex doesn't really count.

Lostconfused said:
Its all the hand gestures he uses to show how things would look like on himself. Oh and the "yeah we really didn't think too much about it, we just said yeah fuck it lets go with this one whatever".
"Oh and they're all male. No females. Yeah, like, what are you going to do with a female turian? Stick breasts on it? Lipstick? Yeah I dunno."

"Yeah, Garrus is all... like... one of the people who you have to be careful... with the Safe Search filter looking for."

Top Bottom