• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

CrazyDude

wienke said:
I was hoping we'd be able to visit the Asarian or Turian homeworlds at some point...
Maybe we will, nothing in their suggests otherwise. Visiting London and New York might have been either a misinterpretation or mistranslation between Hudson and the interviewer. I believe Hudson is giving out the same general information to all his interviews, but with maybe some small new info here or there. Hudson pretty much said in Gameinformer that we will be seeing these cities being destroyed and then Shepard looks out a window and sees the Reapers coming at them at their location. Plus, Gameinformer said that shortly after the Reapers attack that Shepard fights back to the Normandy and then flees off, probably to Mars because he sees that the fight for Earth is already lost. I don't see how we can visit many of the Earth's cities with that kind of information.

lotrfan

Neo Member
Just wanted to point out that the final line in:

"- Exploración: no controlaremos vehículos vistos en entregas anteriores. La experiencia de juego principal se ha diseñado sin ellos y así seguirá. Esto no quiere decir que no vaya a haberlos, pero no spueden revelar más ahora. Hay un nuevo sistema de exploración."

translates to"There is a new exploration system" not "new scanning system" whatever that means.

There are new PSM scans on ME3 out, including a list of characters that are confirmed or not (as part of your squad or whatever).

According to them, James Sanders is the sniper in Big Ben, Jack is returning (BLAH), Thane is out, as are Kasumi, Zaeed and Jacob. I've only glanced at these, haven't actually read the article.

Looks Legion won't be a squad member :(

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah I've read it, but Legion is most certainly in (going by the Sounds of Mass Effect 3 video on Game Informer). It's from PSM3, I'll summarise it (or someone better can) when I get some time.

Patryn

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
There are new PSM scans on ME3 out, including a list of characters that are confirmed or not (as part of your squad or whatever).

According to them, James Sanders is the sniper in Big Ben, Jack is returning (BLAH), Thane is out, as are Kasumi, Zaeed and Jacob. I've only glanced at these, haven't actually read the article.

Called it.

Jacob also doesn't surprise me, as seemed like people didn't care about him at all.

Thane? Now that's surprising.

Gvaz

Banned
Legion is the character everyone wanted though, why would they do that?

I think Bioware's doing it on purpose to piss people off.

I can't for the life of me figure out why I've got absolutely no hype for this. ME1 and 2 were two of my favorite games this gen.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Some of those were their guesses it seems, so I only listed the people they confirmed were in.

CrazyDude

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Did it say that Legion is not a squad member?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I liked Thane a lot, but I feel like they were able to wrap up his story. He got over his dead wife and reunited with his son, and got to bang Shepard (in my game). There isn't much else to do with him, so just a cameo is fine.

Legion was fuckin awesome though, who wouldn't want a Geth in their squad, and he definitely should be coming back. There is a ton of potential for cool stuff with a Geth on your team, some lamer human or asari wouldn't make up for it.

I wanted Zaeed and Kasumi to come back, but I was never expecting it.

Jacob, lol, who cares.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ashley looks off and they need to tone down all of that makeup on her. How hard is it to render a human female face when you could just take an Asari one as a base and give it human skin color?

webrunner

Particularly since if you followed a natural path you didn't get to use Legion much: When you get him you don't have much time to do anything but his loyalty mission then go through the Relay, and he's not that great against organic targets (such as the entire collector base)

Paznos

Seattle and Vancouver merged? Awesome! can't wait to see how it looks.

No Thane or Jacob? :( I happened to like Jacob :p

Grrr, I wanted to save the galaxy with Garrus and Wrex or Legion by my side.

If I can't have Wrex/Legion, my next choice would have been Thane. >:[

Lakitu

st5fu
-Casey Hudson says, the game will have some epic moments, as well as 'smaller, more personal moments' that exceeds the previous 2 games. The player will start realising things from Shepard's personal life. He will have to deal with the consequences of the sacrifices he's had to make.
-There is a new charged-up melee attack where Shepard uses his Omni-Tool to inflicting a big burning hit.
-Earth's megacity in the game is 'Seattle' meets 'Vancouver' as they sprawl into each other in the American North-West. That's where you'll spend your time on Earth. So not London or New York like previously mentioned. Describes the planet: 'It's curved, futuristic buildings bathe in beautiful light as the sea laps into the waterfront and docks.' They also saw the aftermath in which the Reapers decimate it.
-Obvious: Your choices will all have an impact in ME 3 such as the genophage, the collector base, your LI choices etc.
-Players won't miss out on content because of previous choices. An example, you run into Conrad Verner but it could be someone else for another player.
-The Turret that Engineers can use won't decimate enemies, but distract them.
-Gunfights are quicker and more deadly (confirmation).
-Confirms you visit the Geth-occupied Quarian homeworld Rannoch, Sur'Kesh (Salarian homeworld) and a human mining-operation on Mars.
-Visually it's tapping the heels of games such as Killzone 3 and Crysis 2, with 6 months development time left.
-The Rachni decision may haunt you in ME 3.
-Confirms character list: Ashley, Kaidan, Liara, James Sanders, Garrus, Tali (apparently she has unfinished business with Shepard), Wrex, Mordin (the plot dictates that he stays close to Shepard), Jack (she has matured, softened up a bit), Legion (will be back but don't expect him to playable). They expect Jacob to be dropped.
-Character customisation will be as extensive as ever.
-The action, rather than the all-linear affair of ME 2, will be more along the lines of Uncharted.
-New Cerberus troops are called Phantoms and Assassins.
-Shepard faces full-on bosses in the game's story. Some are really huge. One part, you have to lure a Reaper up to a Thresher Maw so they can duke it out.
-"Many of the core story levels are built around the largest, most dramatic moments in the galaxy."

That's it.

CrazyDude

A lot of the character stuff is written as speculation, so don't take all of it too seriously. They did not say Jacob is dropped, but say "we expect him to be dropped."

Lakitu

st5fu
CrazyDude said:
A lot of the character stuff is written as speculation, so don't take all of it too seriously. They did not say Jacob is dropped, but say "we expect him to be dropped."

Right, I'll edit that in. Thanks.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kinyou said:
Great my Tali is DEAD, will I now miss part of the story? :(

you'll just have to deal with her twin sister Twali instead

But you'll have plenty of time for a new replay. ;)

Even though I just finished ME1 and I'm working on ME2 now, I'll probably play through both again before ME3 releases.

sucks Jack is back, though, I have to make sure she dies again this time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mordin (the plot dictates that he stays close to Shepard)
1273715383653.jpg

Kinyou said:
Great my Tali is DEAD, will I now miss part of the story? :(

This is Bioware, not some developer who works really hard on their plot.

Tali will be alive in your game like nothing happened.

I also thought this was funny

-The action, rather than the all-linear affair of ME 2, will be more along the lines of Uncharted.

Soooo...linear then.

Peff

Jack being in over Thane is some incredible bullshit.

I'm a bit worried about all these "AWESOME SETPIECES!", but it's too early to judge, we'll see.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

It actually says which characters have been confirmed as returning and which are still undecided. They give their own opinion on who will and won't return and why, but it doesn't rule out any characters returning.

Anyway, there's a pretty awesome pic of Shep using an omni tool melee power. Looks amaze. :D

Kinyou

SPEA said:
No Thane? :(
Well, as you might remember he
had this lung infection and had only half a year left
What does this even mean?
"We make it not linear like the old one, we make it linear like that other game"
This is Bioware, not some developer who works really hard on their plot.

Tali will be alive in your game like nothing happened.
Hey that council from ME 1 was either dead or alive ...... which made no difference at all in retrospect.
you'll just have to deal with her twin sister Twali instead
shhh, not so loud or Bioware will actually play the "twin" card O_O

Lakitu said:
-The Rachni decision may haunt you in ME 3.

Called it. Killing them will deprive the Reapers of an army, not killing them gives Reapers a massive army, ready and waiting to be indoctrinated and Huskified.

As if they could resist the hundreds of Reapers calling out them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
-Confirms character list: Ashley, Kaidan, Liara, James Sanders, Garrus, Tali (apparently she has unfinished business with Shepard), Wrex, Mordin (the plot dictates that he stays close to Shepard), Jack (she has matured, softened up a bit), Legion (will be back but don't expect him to playable). They expect Jacob to be dropped.

Is that an outright Legion deconfirm or speculation on the part of whatever source this is? Hope they don't rob us of Legion twice. From what I hear they planned to do so much more with him in 2 and the way you got him just at the endgame felt awkward. Legion is potentially the most interesting character, but they did him a disservice in 2.

Speedymanic said:
Called it. Killing them will deprive the Reapers of an army, not killing them gives Reapers a massive army, ready and waiting to be indoctrinated and Huskified.

As if they could resist the hundreds of Reapers calling out them.
It said "decision," not "decision to save them."

Lakitu

st5fu
Nils said:

Is that an outright Legion deconfirm or speculation on the part of whatever source this is? Hope they don't rob us of Legion twice. From what I hear they planned to do so much more with him in 2 and the way you got him just at the endgame felt awkward. Legion is potentially the most interesting character, but they did him a disservice in 2.

It's PSM3's theory. I don't believe it to be true, at least I hope not. I hope he has a larger role.

Dennis

Banned
Hey Bioware how about you put Thane back and instead remove the two lamest characters, Jacob and Kaiden?

Besides....Kaiden is a crater.

Top Bottom