• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

There is absolutely no way if you saved the rachni they won't be your ally. The entire series has been about redeeming species that the Citadel races have looked down on.

Ashsturm

Liara is back? Awesome. Every biotic my Shepard seems to come into contact with seems to wind up dead (or Jacob) so atleast I've got a backup.

I really need some kind of recap in regard to the decisions made over the past two games. I think I saved the Rachni but then again I've only just realised I didn't pick up Garrus in ME1 despite his protests in the sequel

Speedymanic said:
We've already seen concept art/screen of a huskified Rachni and this isn't the first time BW have said the decision will come back to haunt us...
Wasn't the actual quote about the decision "effecting" your game? Even then, it didn't say that saving them would haunt you.

shadyspace said:
There is absolutely no way if you saved the rachni they won't be your ally. The entire series has been about redeeming species that the Citadel races have looked down on.

I don't know, I have a feeling BW will throw a few obvious twists in. Giving the Collector's ship to TIM will probably result in some of humanity becoming the new 'Collector's', saving the Rachni will result in a large number of them becoming indoctrinated/huskified.

Doodis

Speedymanic said:
We've already seen concept art/screen of a huskified Rachni and this isn't the first time BW have said the decision will come back to haunt us...

Anyway, Hardcore Q&A

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...-amp-a-for-hardcore-fans.aspx?PostPageIndex=1
Saren's arm on the book cover? That's a hardcore waste of a question. Pretty weak interview overall.

Lakitu said:
I missed a pretty major detail.

Ashley (or Kaidan) have been promoted to Spectre status.
Sweet, we get to be an ass-kicking couple.

CrazyDude

DennisK4 said:
Hey Bioware how about you put Thane back and instead remove the two lamest characters, Jacob and Kaiden?

Besides....Kaiden is a crater.
It is not confirmed that Thane is not in the game, the magazine is speculating. I read the scan and it pretty much says that they(the magazine) thinks he won't be in. They did not say it was confirmed he won't be in. The whole article of the characters besides the ones already confirmed are in, is all speculation.

EmCeeGramr said:
Wasn't the actual quote about the decision "effecting" your game? Even then, it didn't say that saving them would haunt you.

Well of course it wouldn't, it'd be pretty silly for them to spoil it considering their new, no spoilers policy, but it is pretty obvious from the way they keep mentioning it and the wording.

Dennis

Banned
How hard is it to let Thane live?

I mean it is the future, they can't fix a little lung infection?

Come on Bioware, retcon that shit.

CrazyDude said:
It is not confirmed that Thane is not in the game, the magazine is speculating. I read the scan and it pretty much says that they(the magazine) thinks he won't be in. They did not say it was confirmed he won't be in.

They did raise an interesting point in that his story is pretty much over in ME2. He's reconciled with his son. There's really not much of a reason for him to return.

Lakitu

st5fu
DennisK4 said:
How hard is it to let Thane live?

I mean it is the future, they can't fix a little lung infection?

Come on Bioware, retcon that shit.

I want to go with Thane to Kahje and pray to the Enkindlers with the Hanar so that he miraculously recovers. And then he plays happy families with Kolyat.

CrazyDude

Speedymanic said:
They did raise an interesting point in that his story is pretty much over in ME2. He's reconciled with his son. There's really not much of a reason for him to return.
That does not mean they can not write in more stuff for him.

Edit: No longer a Junior!!!!

Ok so I just skimmed the thread, but no new info on Miranda? She was pretty much my favorite character along with Legion, Tali and Wrex. I need to know what's up with her in ME3.

CrazyDude said:
That does not mean they can write in more stuff for him.

Edit: No longer a Junior!!!!

Yeah, I'd be happy for him to return, but there would have to be a good reason beyond I'm here to help because you helped me.

A tad contrived.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DennisK4 said:
Hey Bioware how about you put Thane back and instead remove the two lamest characters, Jacob and Kaiden?

Besides....Kaiden is a crater.
Got a new screenshot of Kaiden, GAF exclusive:

mxE10.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
FutureZombie said:
Show me this Jack redesign IMMEDIATELY. They better not have changed her hair. I am not okay with that.

I'm hoping she's fully clothed and no longer bald.

Maybe mute too, there could have been an accident, she could permanently be in an iron lung or something.

I could deal with that

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
-Kaiden/Ashley (Has achieved Spectre status)

Oh God. Not only has she become hot, she's also a Spectre?

Confirmed. Screw Miranda, I'm getting back with my original love. We're gonna make Spectre babies!

PaddyOCanager said:
Ok so I just skimmed the thread, but no new info on Miranda? She was pretty much my favorite character along with Legion, Tali and Wrex. I need to know what's up with her in ME3.

Here's what PSM had to say about her...

As the main human love interest for male Shep, she's likely to return and has huge potential to cause lady trouble if you romanced her after wooing Ashley or Liara in ME.

Confirmed: NO

Grisby

Dammit, my Miranda is gone. My third playthrough Shep is gonna be pissed.

I trust Casey. I mean, they have to mention where these characters went at some point.

^^^^Oh, so she might return as a home-wrecker. Awesome.

Speedymanic said:
Well of course it wouldn't, it'd be pretty silly for them to spoil it considering their new, no spoilers policy, but it is pretty obvious from the way they keep mentioning it and the wording.
This is the company that made killing Wrex, killing the Council, and romancing Ashley the default choices for ME2. They might actually believe that there's tons of people who killed the rachni and that those people will be haunted by the shocking reveal about the rachni actually helping you.

Kinyou

I think I know the reason for Jacobs return....

ME2_Jacob.jpg

Before you wonder, you'd have to manipulate a save file to achieve this happening

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Why would Miranda give a shit, actually. Remember that touching reunion with Ashley in ME2?

Neither do I. She told you to fuck off, so off you went fucking.

WanderingWind said:
Why would Miranda give a shit, actually. Remember that touching reunion with Ashley in ME2?

Neither do I. She told you to fuck off, so off you went fucking.
But she apologizes in that email. How could you possibly not have any kind of reaction to something so passionate and heart touching.

CrazyDude

Grisby said:
Dammit, my Miranda is gone. My third playthrough Shep is gonna be pissed.

I trust Casey. I mean, they have to mention where these characters went at some point.
No she is not gone, she is just not confirmed. The article on characters is full of speculation anyways. The fact that Bioware said James Sander is not the Big Ben dude, and the fact that the article puts the picture of Big Ben guy over Jame Sanders name, proves that article is not all accurate.

Snuggler said:
I'm hoping she's fully clothed and no longer bald.

Maybe mute too, there could have been an accident, she could permanently be in an iron lung or something.

I could deal with that

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Actually, I'd like to see her in a dress. Not that I've spent a lot of time thinking about it...

Atenhaus

Paznos said:
Seattle and Vancouver merged? Awesome! can't wait to see how it looks.

No Thane or Jacob? :( I happened to like Jacob :p

This has me pretty damn pumped. I'm excited to see what my hometown will look like. :D

Lakitu said:
I missed a pretty major detail.

Ashley (or Kaidan) have been promoted to Spectre status.
Wait how did I miss this.

um let me try to express my reaction properly.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?!!!!!!!
dfwy29.jpg

Fimbulvetr said:
What a shame.

What they actually say is...

Role Play...

For example, the guy who asks for your autograph, Conrad Verner. We could create a scene where you walk into a bar and two characters start fighting. They don't have to be brand new, one could be Conrad. And if you played the first game you'll see it and say "oh my god, that's Conrad Verner.

The scans also confirm a new enemy type - The Cannibal. Part Batarian, part human and part Reaper. It eats other enemies during combat to gain strength. Not sure if it's been mentioned.

EmCeeGramr said:
This is the company that made killing Wrex, killing the Council, and romancing Ashley the default choices for ME2. They might actually believe that there's tons of people who killed the rachni and that those people will be haunted by the shocking reveal about the rachni actually helping you.

Jesus, Let me live out the fantasy for as long as possible. :'(

Speedymanic said:
The scans also confirm a new enemy type - The Cannibal. Part Batarian, part human and part Reaper. It eats other enemies during combat to gain strength. Not sure if it's been mentioned.

Batarians confirmed as the second Reaper compatible species? :p

Lakitu

st5fu
Speedymanic said:
What they actually say is...

Role Play...

For example, the guy who asks for your autograph, Conrad Verner. We could create a scene where you walk into a bar and two characters start fighting. They don't have to be brand new, one could be Conrad. And if you played the first game you'll see it and say "oh my god, that's Conrad Verner.

I just skimmed that part, thanks for the clarification. I'll edit it in the OP.

Kyoufu

Fimbulvetr said:
Batarians confirmed as the second Reaper compatible species? :p

That is a product of Collectors using Batarians in their trade. They've done this with other species too.

Kyoufu said:
That is a product of Collectors using Batarians in their trade. They've done this with other species too.

I was joking. Just thought it would be funny if the only species that seems to universally despise humans is also capable of replacing them within the Reapers' plans.

Solo

ZealousD said:
Oh God. Not only has she become hot, she's also a Spectre?

Confirmed. Screw Miranda, I'm getting back with my original love. We're gonna make Spectre babies!

tsk tsk

I kept it in my pants in ME2 because I knew Ashley would be back. Knowing that Ive been faithful, she will reward me with the kinky shit. Threesome with a Hanar, he we come!

Kyoufu

Fimbulvetr said:
I was joking. Just thought it would be funny if the only species that seems to universally despise humans is also capable of replacing them within the Reapers' plans.

Vorcha and Batarians are the only two races in the Mass Effect universe that Harbinger has not been vocal about their pros/cons.

Obviously Batarians are the next chosen race!

Top Bottom