• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"More" - must-see short film

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

My birthday is coming up in a few days, so I just bought myself a present. :)

I haven't been able to stop watching this short for a week. I bought the DVD, partly for the extras. (A six-minute movie gets two DVD's of extras. :D What can I say? I liked the extras on the LOTR DVD EE's than the movies themselves.)

Anyhoo, must see six-minute vid:

http://www.despair.com/happyproduct.html

I've been depressed about my job an Intel ever since (especially now that FOCAL is over....)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I saw the short a few years ago, but I need to buy that special edition DVD now that it's finally been completed. I'm a diehard claymation fan so I'm dying to see the behind-the-scenes stuff for this one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They're charging $25 for a short film I saw 4 or 5 years ago for free? Yeesh.

I guess it's really all about the extras. Even still.

after hearing rave reviews i bought the dvd that this was originally on (short vol 8 i believe), watched it, then returned it. i was expecting something that'll make you shit your pants from awesomeness. this was cliche, and boring, and not really worth the $10 i paid for it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
weird.. there is a music video that is basically a shortened version of this film.. i cant seem to remember what song it was for though...

i remember loving the damn video..

the music was more moody.. i think i liked it better than the music in the actual short..

anyone know which video im talking about ??

etiolate

Banned
This short was on a Sci-Fi show years ago. It's awesome and I've always loved it as well. Not quite enough to chalk up the cash for that dvd though.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
quadriplegicjon said:
weird.. there is a music video that is basically a shortened version of this film.. i cant seem to remember what song it was for though...

i remember loving the damn video..

the music was more moody.. i think i liked it better than the music in the actual short..

anyone know which video im talking about ??
I believe that was Kenna's "Hellbent". It was alright, yeah.

Bah, the New Order song in More is much better than the Kenna video. I miss Sci-fi's Exposure, it was one of the rare cool things on the Sci-fi channel.

GhaleonEB

Mike Works said:
I saw this about a year ago. Where did you find the DVD?

edit: dur

Still awesome though!

This was the first time I'd heard of the short - looks like it's been out there for a while. The themes just hit me hard....slogging into work every day in a grueling and thankless job....trying to succeed in that environment without losing youself in the process....trying to keep some of the joyful memories of childhood alive while you're under the gun..... Lots of stuff going on with me personally contribuited to this clip hitting me like a sucker-punch. The look of absolute dread and despair on the poor soul's face is exactly how I feel most days going into work.

I'm a fan of Despair Inc. for the cnyical Demotivators series they run, but partnering with the filmmaker to do this was weird...and wonderful. Someone over there was clearly hit pretty hard with it as well and wanted to give it even more exposure.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I don't get the whole thing with his stomach.

he used some magical happy... thing, to create his invention but in doing so it got used up? WTF was that about?

I feel like I've seen this before, millions of times actually... oh yeah, it's a cliche with a new coat of paint. I like the animation.

ced

I enjoy this more with Kenna's "Hell bent".

Its neat though to see it again, I thought it was actually just made for the music video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom