• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS3 game impressions coming in

alterego

http://www.gamespot.com/events/ps3launch/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25030767

I just got back from our annual meeting for EB games And gamestop , and i got to play

Genji , MotorStorm , and Resistance

they all where on those new sony XBR tv's running at 720 P

Ok first off , to al the people, ( including myself at 1 point ) When you look at a ps3 game, you know your looking at a ps3 game , there is a very distinctive difference in them, the games are so crystal clear, the shadows, the particle effects are soo nice, and from what i played , all 3 of those games look a bit better then anything ive seen and played on 360.

Genji : originally i didnt think i would like this title, but after playing it , im buying this game on DAY1 ,

The way you can swap between characters at any given time is actually very nice , and gives for some huge combos, i got to play with the main dood with the swords, the big guy with the giant pole ( lol ) and some chick with these rings on a chain , this game when you see it in person looks amazing , plays very fast and very good, the whole time i played it NOT once did the frame rate EVER drop at ALL,The colors are so nice and vibrant , got to play what looked like and opening stage wich just kinda let you see how to play with the people , then once you beat that it moved you to a battlfield with a bunch of guys on it, everything was on fire , looks awesome ( they said this game would use some tilt features but was not in this demo )

MotorStorm: This honestly is the best looking game i personally think i have ever seen as far as realizm, This game is so beautiful you really have to se it in person , for those people that think gears of war has great graphics ( wich it does ) this game in all aspects looks better than that. They only had 1 course for us to play but it did let us pick between prolly about 7 different vehicles , i played with the motor cycle dirt bike, and a dune buggy , they handle like you are in the dirt , turbo is really cool, u have a meter if you hold turbo too long you rides engine and car will blow up.Every time u blow up or crash u get the burnout slo mo effect .Almost everysingle part of the car can be destroyed , I rammed a guy next to me and knocked his driver side door off, then i rammed him again and he actually fell out of the car . I notced this with all the games i played , MotorStorm looked spectacular and Not once, EVER did the Frame rate drop . ( o yeah this was the one game they said would have ni tilt features )

Resistance : This game is really cool , graphic wise it looks extremly well , somtimes when u get up on a wall the textures dont look to good . When u get up on an enemy or zoom in on his dead body to look at them, they are EXTREMLEY detailed.The weapons in this game are AWESOME. I really like the sniper rifle , it's alt fire makes time slow down for AWESOME headshots.The ragdoll physics are sooo sweet in this game , And another thing to note , for instance, im going down some stairs, and instead oflike just killing a guy or 2, like 10 or 15 guys come runnin up the stairs, these things are jumping off the walls, there are alot of guys on screen at once.there where 3 lvls for us to play and they where all awesome , this game has a fast paced feel like UT in a way , blowinf people up with grenades is SUCH a rush and soo fun. I am a Halo ( 1 ) fan myself, i have the game on xbox and on pc for multiplayed , even tho i didnt get to play multiplayed in the demo of resistance, the single played experience rivals if not surpases that of Halo, they have done an extremly well job at balancing this game, making the weapons fun, lots of enemies, ragdoll is perfect , giant enemies , the whole feel of this game is just awesome , even this game looks a bit better than anything that is out on the 360 . O yeah, with all the people on the screen, ships flying over head, explosions goinf off , and all the chaose that is going on, NOT once did i EVER see the FRAME RATE drop at all.

After playing these 3 titles ,and getting confermatin that all 3 of these will be available on November 17th, I will be buying all 3 of these games, Like i stated before you can defenetly tell the difference between a 360 game and a ps3 game , and its not something you have to look for, its apparent from the start , the graphics are so clear , the effects and shadows and everything are just sooo nice , and iff you didnt notice, on all 3 that i played the frame rate neer droped not once at all, to me and alot others this is huge, i havnt played a 360 game yet that dont have frame rate issues ( besides knockout kings, wich is awesome ) . I went in there a bit sceptical, just a bit, and walked out completley 100% happy with what i seen and played,

just on another note, the new ps3 controller as we al know, has the battery built in, comes with the charger also , and i was told you will get 25 - 30 hours of gameplay on them . I like the new controller alot, theres nothing like a ps controller, the new triggers are really nice, and made from a rubber now also, and the analog sticks also stick upward a bit more than they did, my only complaint is that i wish the controller had a tad bit more weight to it.Another cool thng was that the games where runnin off of component cables, the guy showed me lol , the system uses the same imput as the ps1 and the ps3 , so hopefully HDMI will be a bit better .

I cannot wait for NOV 17 now!

OK guys some1 told me to go to image shack heres 1 of the pictures, http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebay010np5.jpg

ill post the other in a second

OK hers 1 more sorry so blurry we wernt supposed to take pics i dont think LOL

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebay012ku1.jpg

o yeah 1 last 1

http://img428.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebay011vb3.jpg

Of all the "launch window" games I think I'm most excited about Motorstorm. It has some of the most natural and realistic lighting I've ever seen. I think I'm turning into a lighting whore...

Well, only another 6 months till Euro launch. :(

alterego said:
Of all the "launch window" games I think I'm most excited about Motorstorm.

Welcome to the club

79a42c7281.gif

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Nice impressions. Most impresssions on PS3 so far have been extremely positive. PS3 love is finally back ladies and gentlemen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I honestly haven`t had a game made me say "holy shit that looks beautiful" in a long time the way Motorstorm did when I saw it in motion. The third person view felt like it was in slow motion, but the first person view was a ****ing RIOT. Playing it sealed the deal. I need a launch day PS3.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And I can't wait to see what Madden will be like. Supposely EA will be doing more for the PS3 version coming out this year. They need to show that damn game.

DMczaf

Motorstorm is the only game that has me wanting to spend money on a PS3 at launch, reminds me a lot of Rallisport Challenge 2, but crazier.

Let DICE make a rallisport game, EA!! Come on!!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i never would've expected motorstorm to become one of the ps3's standout games -- actually i thought that absurd concept video had set it up for tons of abuse. but man, even the gifs are entertaining.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
drohne said:
i never would've expected motorstorm to become one of the ps3's standout games -- actually i thought that absurd concept video had set it up for tons of abuse. but man, even the gifs are entertaining.

I expected the worst after that terrible photo of the buggy was posted just before E3. The game, amazingly, delivers on graphics. It was a shitload of fun to play too, but I only played for a few minutes, so I can`t really give accurate impressions.

mckmas8808

TheTrin said:
I expected the worst after that terrible photo of the buggy was posted just before E3. The game, amazingly, delivers on graphics. It was a shitload of fun to play too, but I only played for a few minutes, so I can`t really give accurate impressions.

Hopefully Lair makes the same changes close to its release too.

Striek

I know Motorstorm is a 'launch window' game, but I thought it was December not November 17...

Positive impressions, but not significantly different from most others.

kevm3

Good impressions so far and a good thread, especially since this hasn't turned to a 360 vs. PS3 thread. Let's keep it that way please.

thetrin

kevm3 said:
Good impressions so far and a good thread, especially since this hasn't turned to a 360 vs. PS3 thread. Let's keep it that way please.

I knew this thread was missing something.

*dials the XDF*

This and Resistance are enough for me to justify the launch purchase. I really hope this is actually making the "launch window".

At TGS, IGN's completion percentages showed Heavenly Sword further along than Motorstorm.

Wollan

Percentages is just bull.

At TGS they said that MotorStorm was a december release so you will see it this year. That game is really good looking in person.

thetrin

sugarhigh4242 said:
This and Resistance are enough for me to justify the launch purchase. I really hope this is actually making the "launch window".

At TGS, IGN's completion percentages showed Heavenly Sword further along than Motorstorm.

That doesn`t bode well for HS. Not only was it the E3 demo, it was also boring and unresponsive.

TheTrin said:
That doesn`t bode well for HS. Not only was it the E3 demo, it was also boring and unresponsive.

one of the 1up podcasts said there was a glitch or something, preventing them from getting a new demo out, but that the current build is much improved over the E3 demo.

its not one of my must-have games yet anyway. i need to see more than just arena combat.

J-Rzez

So Motorstorm is a day one launch title? Awesome! I still don't know what to think about that Genji game, since i'll prolly pick up Motorstorm, Resistance, and Oblivion that same day... and who knows what else will be out around that time too that might catch my eye...

Not even hooked up through HDMI? That's what I like to hear that there's a chance for stuff to look even better on my TV with it... :)

Geoff9920 said:
It's nice to see positive ps3 impressions... However, since when do we quote posts from other forums?

people from this forum attended that meeting and posted their impressions so I don't see what's wrong with posting that dude's impressions here.

of course xbots and nbots will find this painful to read

Doom_Bringer said:

Actually all of the spelling mistakes make this painful to read. I'm hoping english isn't his native language because this is pathetic.

Geoff9920

Doom_Bringer said:
people from this forum attended that meeting and posted their impressions so I don't see what's wrong with posting that dude's impressions here.

I see, I thought it was just some random guy that went to TGS. Maybe I should of read a bit more. :p

I found it painful to read!

He just had to cover all the games I'm not particularly interested in... >_<

I'll keep an eye on Motorstorm.

Elios83

Since we're talking about Motorstorm,a small news from Japan:

The game will released on 7th December and will be priced at 5.980 yen (Euro 39 / USD 50).

PhatSaqs

Banned
Motorstorm and GoW are easily the best looking next gen games thus far IMO. Nothing even comes close to those 2. MS look photo-real at times.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Elios83 said:
Since we're talking about Motorstorm,a small news from Japan:

The game will released on 7th December and will be priced at 5.980 yen (Euro 39 / USD 50).
any NA release date?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dahbomb said:
I am most surprised at Genji being amazing. Never thought I would see that happeneing... :lol

You and me both. Intense graphics, no framerate issues, SPEED INCREASE, and character swap is sounding mighty nice.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Stop replacing "were" with "where"!!!! *ahem*

I was wondering how the temperature gauge was being used in Motorstorm. Hadn't really caught on to it being tied to turbos from the latest demo footage.

m0dus said:
Now these impressions are a bit confusing to me, as 2 of my friends came back from the EB/Gamestop Manager's conference yesterday, and one of the issues they described to me was that some games (resistance, Motorstorm--we didn't talk about Genji2) DID have framerate issues, especially with alot of action going on onscreen. While I'm glad to see positive impressions, I'd be more than a bit skeptical at people proclaiming such perfection from launch titles.

I intend on getting Motorstorm day 1 for the physics alone, however. :)

I am guessing these are the same build as TGS so yea your friend could be correct. Motor Storm's frame rate was all all over the place and Resistance had very little slow down when the action got too hot but it will eventually be locked at 30 FPS. Dunno about Motor Storm, they already cut the number of racers from 20 to 12, they are probably running into some issues...

Doom_Bringer said:
Dunno about Motor Storm, they already cut the number of racers from 20 to 12, they are probably running into some issues...

Link to where Evolution says they've decided to cut the number of riders?

mckmas8808

The games sound promising. I wish someone could play the new areas of Heavenly Sword though.

Top Bottom