• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS3 game impressions coming in

SolidSnakex said:
Link to where Evolution says they've decided to cut the number of riders?

Well they have made minimal improvements in that department since E3... E3 demo had 8 racers, TGS demo had 12 with frame rate issues... doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on...

m0dus said:
BUt where did THESE impressions come from, then?

these impressions could be correct we just have to wait and see. Fact is at the end of the day Resistance and MotorStorm will be great looking games. Fanboy impressions or not...

Doom_Bringer said:
Well they have made minimal improvements in that department since E3... E3 demo had 8 racers, TGS demo had 12 with frame rate issues... doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on...

The E3 demo had 7 and ran at 30fps, the TGS demo had 12 and ran at 60fps. But carry on.

bud

Doom_Bringer said:
we will see if they reach 20 they promised by the time of release

But you just established that it will be 12.

Why back out? You obviously had proof :rolleyes

NG_Kris

SolidSnakex said:
Welcome to the club

79a42c7281.gif

That's friggin' sweet.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
NG_Kris said:
That's friggin' sweet.
How am I going to find time to play these AAA launch games: Motorstorm, Resistance, and Oblivion.

BTW weren't there two builds of Motorstorm at TGS? One was running smooth as silk at 60FPS while the other had frame rate issues. I believe Wollan also mentioned it in his impressions. The build at this event must of been the smoother one.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well with the exception of karish, this thread has actually stayed fairly civil. Let's see if we can keep it that way.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Doom_Bringer said:
Well they have made minimal improvements in that department since E3... E3 demo had 8 racers, TGS demo had 12 with one build without frame rate issues...

doesn't take a genius to figure out I made this comment below up...
Dunno about Motor Storm, they already cut the number of racers from 20 to 12, they are probably running into some issues...
Fixed

Wollan

What I experienced wasn't frame drops though. It was as if the game had a a continuous heavy burden that kept it between 20-25fps.

Even if this turns out to be a 12 man game, is anyone dropping a tear?

Top Bottom