• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 9: 7 more characters confirmed

tim1138

SolidSnakex said:
Do we know if this game is going to have a button for throws? It doesn't seem like it will going by how the fight stick is set up.

The classic 2D Mortal Kombat games never had a throw button, so it would be safe to assume this one does not either.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pinko Marx said:
Really need a new thread.

There is one.

SolidSnakex said:
Do we know if this game is going to have a button for throws? It doesn't seem like it will going by how the fight stick is set up.

A button that does nothing but throw? Why? I don't imagine it'll just be close lp like the old games though. It'll probably be some specific input that can't be confused for something else.

Lost Fragment said:
A button that does nothing but throw? Why? I don't imagine it'll just be close lp like the old games though. It'll probably be some specific input that can't be confused for something else.

I was wondering because they introduced a throw button for a few of the 3D games.

I've done some looking around and found that this game doesn't have a throw button. Throws are done with FP+FK.

Yousefb

SolidSnakex said:
I was wondering because they introduced a throw button for a few of the 3D games.

I've done some looking around and found that this game doesn't have a throw button. Throws are done with FP+FK.
I think that's what it was in vs DCU too

Anyanka

Throw is fp+fk and they've got it setup on R1 as a macro. A fake throw button if you will. Same way MKDC worked.

also there's a different break depending on the direction of the throw.

DrDogg

If anyone is curious, throw breaking seems to be similar to Soul Calibur IV. You have to guess between two throw breaks (unlike Tekken where you can determine the proper break before you make the attempt), but you can buffer throw breaks into your guard.

I'm not sure what the break commands are, and given the fact that there are three different throws, I'm wondering if the command throws will have normal throw breaks.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
from twitter:

noobde:Love "The Bonus Round" on GTTV, this week they were reviewing the big games of 2011. Zero mention of MK. We'll show you @geoffkeighley ! ;)

geoffkeighley: @noobde We can't mention them all :). See you next week for the character reveal!

DrDogg

Can a mod update the title of this thread? Maybe something like "Mortal Kombat 9: New Character on GTTV Next Week"?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DrDogg said:
Can a mod update the title of this thread? Maybe something like "Mortal Kombat 9: New Character on GTTV Next Week"?
Someone will have to make a new thread when the story drops. There's a new policy: new news = new thread.

Top Bottom