• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

Wow, this is the last game I buy From WB. I can't believe I paid for a pc version and then bought a Ps4 copy because of the bugs.

poodaddy

This is karmic justice for how obnoxious PC players were when the game first came out.

Are there any numbers for how many people still play this game on PC? All the people I know that still play it seriously play on PS4.

I'm not going to say it's the biggest reason why I stopped giving a shit about MKX after release, but going into every thread here on GAF, Reddit, and SA and having good discussion about the game get drowned out by PC players bitching about their mickey mouse version of the game being shitty was incredibly obnoxious.

Sucks to suck I guess. As much as people are going to want to lambast NRS here, they're still fixing the netcode and adding a shitload of serious content to the game almost a year after release. It sucks that the PC version continues to be shitty, but the vast majority of people who bought this game are going to be happy.

You're right man, I forgot the way to unfucker the Steam preload thing was to keep complaining about it in discussion threads, my bad.

I don't know how I'd react, but I know I will never have to worry about it because I don't see NRS handing over development of their premier versions of their games to High Voltage lmao.

I never said the PC version wasn't completely broken at launch. I'm just saying that I've been part of communities that have had shitty launch experiences before (see all this queue stuff with Blade and Soul) but I've never seen threads get contaminated with crybabies as much as every place to talk about MKX did during launch.

Well, I had to experience it all first hand back in April and I'm positive it's the right word.

I agree they're abandoning it, but from WB's perspective they've provided an up to date version for almost a year, and they never promised a second Kombat Pack. I'll be genuinely surprised if any sort of refund plan goes through. It'd be nice if they gave people the option though.

How? Why? What? Who? You've been on here since 2008, is this the attitude you've had the whole time? If so then I'm amazed you still have your account, as you're being super dismissive, disrespectful, and ignorant. In short; you come off like an elitist jackass who has reached the height of spoiled and annoying, all while have the stones to complain about other people that you perceive as spoiled and annoying. Pot, kettle, black etc. etc.; you get it.

How about you go and fuck yourself?
Whoa! I mean the dude's a jerk but Christ man.....

This thread turned into a warzone!

roytheone

This is karmic justice for how obnoxious PC players were when the game first came out.

Are there any numbers for how many people still play this game on PC? All the people I know that still play it seriously play on PS4.

Man, if karmic justice actually exists and means "you get shitty versions and badly supported games if you complain about a product you payed money for that doesn't even work", then I would guess every video game ever should be stopped getting support right this instance.

Really, this is already a good "worst post of the year" candidate so soon in 2016.

Striving to be?

They are. And have been for quite a while.

Touché.

Even though people complaining about it were obviously in the right because the PC version was a straight-up disaster of a port compared to the console versions?

Yeah, keep fighting the good fight Donsole Quixote. Be sure to look out for steam-powered windmills on your travels.

vg260

That's a pretty weak rant.

He made his point well. I don't like his videos for the shtick, but I watched this one, and he hit most of the important points pretty coherently without sounding like he was trying to stir up controversy as a bit. It's easier to take him seriously here.

Cleve

I never said the PC version wasn't completely broken at launch. I'm just saying that I've been part of communities that have had shitty launch experiences before (see all this queue stuff with Blade and Soul) but I've never seen threads get contaminated with crybabies as much as every place to talk about MKX did during launch.

People that paid money for something that didn't work are crybabies? What the fuck. I didn't buy it on pc (after seeing who was porting it) but people aren't entitled for expecting a working product.

Zafir

How? Why? What? Who? You've been on here since 2008, is this the attitude you've had the whole time? If so then I'm amazed you still have your account, as you're being super dismissive, disrespectful, and ignorant. In short; you come off like an elitist jackass who has reached the height of spoiled and annoying, all while have the stones to complain about other people that you perceive as spoiled and annoying. Pot, kettle, black etc. etc.; you get it.

Whoa! I mean the dude's a jerk but Christ man.....

This thread turned into a warzone!

He actually got recently banned for doing a similar thing in the Heroes of the Storm community thread.

Marvel

could never
Thread scalation intensifies.

What a ahitty situation all round. Yes there clearly isn't a huge fanbase of the game on PC but WB only have themselves to blame. To not include the new hotness and straight up ignoring those fans is soooo shitty.

I play it everyday on PS4, I'd be mortified If I wasn't included.

LiK

AngryJoe made an Epic Fail video last night about it. Good on him for calling this out to his viewers.

Fmal

Banned
People that paid money for something that didn't work are crybabies? What the fuck. I didn't buy it on pc (after seeing who was porting it) but people aren't entitled for expecting a working product.

Yes, people who paid money for something that didn't work (for a short period of time) and then cried about it literally everywhere are crybabies. I have no problem with constructive criticism, that's not what PC MKX players did at launch.

Yes, people who paid money for something that didn't work (for a short period of time) and then cried about it literally everywhere are crybabies. I have no problem with constructive criticism, that's not what PC MKX players did at launch.

Dude you really have a problem. Even if all of that were true, they represent a TINY fraction of the overall buyers of the game on PC. There's nothing karmatic about it.

What is wrong with you?

Akronis

Man, you're hilarious. So out of touch lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

A short period of time? I quit after about 2.5 months and the online still didn't work, it was still going down every damn day and it was still too laggy to enjoy when it was up. MKX was the worst launch I've ever experienced on PC, and it didn't get any better from there onwards. How can you give constructive criticism on something that's just half assed and broken at its core?

danmaku

If they're crybabies for complaining after being ripped off, then what are you for complaining about them?

d3vnull

If they're crybabies for complaining after being ripped off, then what are you for complaining about them?

Banned is what he is.

Anyway... What WB could do now for their pc community is release all the dlc costumes for free. That would at least show some goodwill.

VariantX

That dude had to have known he was going to get banned for that shit. If he didn't like people complaining about this situation with WB he could have easily kept himself out of the thread.

Kezen

Banned
I guess that's karmic justice for being obnoxious.

10/10.

Weird that Batman AK is being fully supported on PC (all DLC/post release content is there on PC) in spite of the disastrous it was, while MKX has been officially abandoned.
Batman AK also sold less than MKX.

I don't understand this though, I get the majority of the audience is playing on consoles, but it PC is what you are actually developing on, why is it so hard to have a glitch free smooth game on hardware that can scale to anything?

Really strange how Batman and MK have performance issues. I would be pissed if I played on PC

VariantX

I don't understand this though, I get the majority of the audience is playing on consoles, but it PC is what you are actually developing on, why is it so hard to have a glitch free smooth game on hardware that can scale to anything?

Really strange how Batman and MK have performance issues. I would be pissed if I played on PC

Batman and MK not being handled by the original dev team seems to be a common thread here.

Majukun

because with consoles you have 2 architecture to develop for and make sure everything works fine..with PC you have thousands

still doesn't excuse WB's conduct though

Kezen

Banned
because with consoles you have 2 architecture to develop for and make sure everything works fine..with PC you have thousands

It's why high level APIs exist. You are making this far too much of a challenge than it actually is.
Besides you are failing to understand that the game does not target the entirely of gaming PCs, and there are many similarities within their targetted range of PC hardware.

Serious Question how did this sell on consoles? Do we have numbers?

I think total sales were around 5 million so it was 4.5 million between PS4 and X1. PC was 10% of total sales. Not amazing, but they still made a decent amount of money from the port considering how broken it was at launch (ans somewhat still is).

Garlador

500,000+ users on PC.

Some games would love to have 500,000 PC sales and would do anything for those players and fans.

WB sucks.

Frozy

Neo Member
Anyway... What WB could do now for their pc community is release all the dlc costumes for free. That would at least show some goodwill.

That sounds more like damage control.
Goodwill (or the closest thing to goodwill we can get from such a publisher) would be to reverse this situation and support this version.
But unlike with Arkham Knight, it is too late for them to get "punished" with refunds, so a change of plans is unlikely to happen.
WB is hoping that players will just forget about it by the time they release another game on PC, i sure hope they won't.

Pizza

Damn WB. I was going to double dip on X so I could play as rain on my PC. I was waiting until some complete edition of the game. Now I am not doing that.

Gg WB would have totally bought that subpar port

vg260

500,000+ users on PC.

Some games would love to have 500,000 PC sales and would do anything for those players and fans.

WB sucks.

Yeah, it may be a fraction of their sales, but that is a large number for a fighter on PC and more and more devs have been catering well to their playerbase. It's a shame they are choosing to snub them just because it didn't get massive AAA scale sales.

They need to be able to fully support their product on a platform if they release it initially. They owe the fans that, even if they don't make money on it. If they lose money, that should just be a lesson to them for next time to deliver a quality product day one. WB is a big enough company to take the hit and follow this through.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's best to never buy their games again, especially if the original dev isn't doing the PC port.

Unicorn

There's no update because WB doesn't want it done.

Well, who would do it for PC? The people that did the port, right? Would they want to port out to another developer to clean up the clusterfuck HVS did, or just keep the same fuckers to push more shit? If those same fuckers are tied up in their own project for Oculus, then they can't continue fucking up.

WB won't get it done because they have shitty options. Granted, it's still a fuck up, but I feel like until they details the reasons why they aren't pursuing it, the HVS working on a game is at least some semblance of a reason.

vg260

Well, who would do it for PC? The people that did the port, right? Would they want to port out to another developer to clean up the clusterfuck HVS did, or just keep the same fuckers to push more shit? If those same fuckers are tied up in their own project for Oculus, then they can't continue fucking up.

WB won't get it done because they have shitty options. Granted, it's still a fuck up, but I feel like until they details the reasons why they aren't pursuing it, the HVS working on a game is at least some semblance of a reason.

It is possible that third-party scheduling is an issue. If QLOC did the cleanup, even if WB wanted them, they could be tied up. QLOC has a good rep with ports, so they may be working at capacity on other projects.

If this was the case it would be better to give a better explanation to customers, even if they can't get into detail. Anything is better than, no, go away. They need to show a little more transparency.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
10/10.

Weird that Batman AK is being fully supported on PC (all DLC/post release content is there on PC) in spite of the disastrous it was, while MKX has been officially abandoned.
Batman AK also sold less than MKX.
Oh, is that so? Then can you please tell me where's Scarecrow nightmare mission pack and why can't I buy it on PC? Oh wait, it's not available on PC and never will be despite the fact that WB promised that this pack will be available on PC autumn 2015 8/

TaterTots

Banned
The Change petition is around 3k signatures. Hopefully, more people sign. I'm not looking for it to reverse their decision, but to let them know we know how crappy they've been for PC.

Meia

500,000+ users on PC.

WB sucks.

Of course, the other problem is PC gamers tend to be vocal about how a game is so games have good legs usually. Once a game gets out that it's broken on the platform, well, there's really no telling how many sales WB cost themselves with a garbage port, really.

I really do wish steam would make some exceptions to games like this and lift a lot of their rules against refunds. I mean, I guess WB wouldn't be too happy about it, but then again considering the absolute disdain that company has shown to that audience, nothing of any real value would be lost.

Unicorn

It is possible that third-party scheduling is an issue. If QLOC did the cleanup, even if WB wanted them, they could be tied up. QLOC has a good rep with ports, so they may be working at capacity on other projects.

If this was the case it would be better to give a better explanation to customers, even if they can't get into detail. Anything is better than, no, go away. They need to show a little more transparency.
Yeah, definitely some press release to give a reason.

Top Bottom