• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

Dr. Buni

And so, I'm done with WB on PC.
Considering they don't release anything meaningful for Nintendo systems, I can say I am done with WB on pretty much everything.

I truly enjoy Mortal Kombat, but I can live without playing MK11 and any following games. Especially with Killer Instinct coming in ~2 months to PC.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Of course, the other problem is PC gamers tend to be vocal about how a game is so games have good legs usually. Once a game gets out that it's broken on the platform, well, there's really no telling how many sales WB cost themselves with a garbage port, really.

I really do wish steam would make some exceptions to games like this and lift a lot of their rules against refunds. I mean, I guess WB wouldn't be too happy about it, but then again considering the absolute disdain that company has shown to that audience, nothing of any real value would be lost.

I don't think Valve would really go against the publishers or change their refund policy due to not supporting a game anymore. Afterall Valve dropped CSGO on consoles quicksmart so they aren't above dropping game support either.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I really do wish steam would make some exceptions to games like this and lift a lot of their rules against refunds. I mean, I guess WB wouldn't be too happy about it, but then again considering the absolute disdain that company has shown to that audience, nothing of any real value would be lost.

The refunds FAQ explicitly states that the two conditions aren't entirely set in stone, and always has, precisely to account for situations with special circumstances. I said earlier in the thread that I would think a publisher abandoning support for the PC version of a game and only the PC version makes for a strong case. I'd test my luck myself, but I collect Steam games and therefore have absolutely zero desire to seek a refund for my Premium Edition pre-order.

Dropped? DROPPED? You're gonna drop PC support? You're gonna fucking drop PC support? Why? Why, because PC fucked you? You fucked PC, you fucked PC! You came to Steam, you came to PC! It got you some sales, it got you your money, you had a fucking SEASON PASS! You made it, you sold it, YOU came on to PC! What were we supposed to do? We all preordered for Goro, we all fucking preordered for Goro! It was on-disc DLC! ON-DISC FUCKING DLC! And it shows up at on my fucking recommended list! What are we supposed to do? "We're sorry about the bad ports, c'mon, buy us! We promise this time. C'mon, BUY US!" Oh, Steam sales, discounts, it doesn't matter, hard crashes, bad netcode, you don't give a fuck. You'll just sell anything! You'll just sell anything! Well you lied to me, I tried to support you, I bought your game I WAS A GOOD GUY I'M A GOOD GUY! AND YOU JUST FUCKING FUCKED ME? What now you're gonna drop PC support!!?? You're gonna drop PC why why because I bought on PC WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS IS FUCKING INSANE

I don't think Valve would really go against the publishers or change their refund policy due to not supporting a game anymore. Afterall Valve dropped CSGO on consoles quicksmart so they aren't above dropping game support either.

Also, let us not forget the travesty of Team Fortress 2 on Xbox 360.

GHG

Gold Member
Dropped? DROPPED? You're gonna drop PC support? You're gonna fucking drop PC support? Why? Why, because PC fucked you? You fucked PC, you fucked PC! You came to Steam, you came to PC! It got you some sales, it got you your money, you had a fucking SEASON PASS! You made it, you sold it, YOU came on to PC! What were we supposed to do? We all preordered for Goro, we all fucking preordered for Goro! It was on-disc DLC! ON-DISC FUCKING DLC! And it shows up at on my fucking recommended list! What are we supposed to do? "We're sorry about the bad ports, c'mon, buy us! We promise this time. C'mon, BUY US!" Oh, Steam sales, discounts, it doesn't matter, hard crashes, bad netcode, you don't give a fuck. You'll just sell anything! You'll just sell anything! Well you lied to me, I tried to support you, I bought your game I WAS A GOOD GUY I'M A GOOD GUY! AND YOU JUST FUCKING FUCKED ME? What now you're gonna drop PC support!!?? You're gonna drop PC why why because I bought on PC WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS IS FUCKING INSANE

Okay_wtf_reaction.gif

Skux

And this is how NeoGAF memes are born.

Well sold is nice but they are also probably checking activity and if say online like 2000 people actively playing the game that its maybe not worth it to WB.

But still pretty BS, If the "new port" cost like $100.000 they would have that back easily specially if the netcode is better and word of mouth tell folks pc version is good now.

AHA-Lambda

603db088bfc439746087637584a11833.gif

Is this memes?

Talyn

8/10

What did he mean by this?

High Voltage, but QLOC took the reins in June.

Never knew this, thought it was still HVS till now. O_O Cannot possibly believe a studio with a reputation like QLOC can't bring the new content + the enhanced net code, unless the game's port is inherently fucked up like AK, which doesn't seem so. Are WB afraid of the platform and abandoning the future release release of their in-house IP's entirely? Licensed games won't suffer this fate though I reckon.

uOObNWE.gif

correojon

I waited on Arkham Originis on PC because I read it had game breaking bugs. They didn´t fix them, they even put time and effort into DLC and looked another way, so i didn´t get the game.
I waited on Arkham Knight because I read it had many problems, but read they were going to solve them. Seems like they fixed some things but people are still reporting problems in many cases.
I waited on MKX because I read it was a bad port. Now this. SFV and KI are coming so it lost it´s chance.

3 times I decided to wait, 3 bullets dodged. I won´t buy any WB game ever again unless it´s a masterpiece and an awesome port.

Never knew this, thought it was still HVS till now. O_O Cannot possibly believe a studio with a reputation like QLOC can't bring the new content + the enhanced net code, unless the game's port is inherently fucked up like AK, which doesn't seem so. Are WB afraid of the platform and abandoning the future release release of their in-house IP's entirely? Licensed games won't suffer this fate though I reckon.
QLOC literally just finished up Dragon's Dogma. They probably moved on from MKX ages ago and WB doesn't give a shit to pay them again.

This sounds like a bollywood song. We desperately need a .gif for this post to ascend into legendary stature.

You chose your destiny, fellow GAFfer - X out of X with blood & gore, would read the lyrics again.

Dr Dogg

If people are basing QLOC working on the PC port of MKX from just a SteamDB entry then I very much doubt they had anything to do with it seeing as thier main business is QA and Localisation (hence the name QLOC). Warner have been one of thier clients for QA work on past titles too when you check credits of a few games.

JaseC

If people are basing QLOC working on the PC port of MKX from just a SteamDB entry then I very much doubt they had anything to do with it seeing as thier main business is QA and Localisation (hence the name QLOC). Warner have been one of thier clients for QA work on past titles too when you check credits of a few games.

The QLOC branch didn't appear until two months after the game released, so it's unlikely it was just enlisted to help with QA/localisation.

Nabs

I don't own the game, but apparently QLOC is listed as "Additional PC Porting".

bitbydeath

Gold Member

snl.gif

Dr Dogg

The QLOC branch didn't appear until two months after the game released, so it's unlikely it was just enlisted to help with QA or localisation.

There's the same naming conventions and QA branches all over Arkham Knight's DB entry too and QLOC are explicitly listed in their credits as one of the QA studios. Did QLOC take over development of that too? Do you honestly think it's plausible to transfer development at that late in the day without that developer being aware of the code base and just hit the ground running? It's really bad form to give credit to someone without any proper evidence to suggest that was the case and personally I don't think a SteamDB entry is suitable evidence to suggest this. But hey it's a rumour that's spread without any questioning so it's stuck now anyways.

I don't own the game, but apparently QLOC is listed as "Additional PC Porting".

Ah right well that's certainly far more tangible than evidence. Wonder if that's been in their from the start?

QLOC literally just finished up Dragon's Dogma. They probably moved on from MKX ages ago and WB doesn't give a shit to pay them again.

MK(9) Komplete Edition was the only SKU available for PC since it's release on the platform right? Hard to base season pass numbers off AO or AK passes on the platform since its a different genre, so they might be worrying about ROI being low than outsourcing. Probably they're planning on releasing the Komplete Edition later with all content, but after the AK scene (tbh even AO with it's bugs/glitches) , it's highly unlikely and only feel sorry for PC-only players.

Nabs

There's the same naming conventions and QA branches all over Arkham Knight's DB entry too and QLOC are explicitly listed in their credits as one of the QA studios. Did QLOC take over development of that too? Do you honestly think it's plausible to transfer development at that late in the day without that developer being aware of the code base and just hit the ground running? It's really bad form to give credit to someone without any proper evidence to suggest that was the case and personally I don't think a SteamDB entry is suitable evidence to suggest this. But hey it's a rumour that's spread without any questioning so it's stuck now anyways.

Ah right well that's certainly far more tangible than evidence. Wonder if that's been in their from the start?

I think it was added around 9/29: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/33182-QLOC-is-confirmed-for-PC-port-at-last!

JaseC

There's the same naming conventions and QA branches all over Arkham Knight's DB entry too and QLOC are explicitly listed in their credits as one of the QA studios.

There's no QLOC branch for Arkham Knight and never has been.

Sooo... I'm not sure if you guys are aware but someone started a petition for WB to "reconsider" and bring us back to the console version standard.

At the time of this post it has 4300-something supporters. I'm not sure if it can do much, but well, it's somethin I guess.

On the other hand, it was funny because yesterday when Netherrealm was streaming the new character on Twitch and the chat was full of "Bring it to PC" comments. But it was even funnier the whole matter was completely unspoken -- no one wants to be the one to admit this, they just left us with that forum comment. Well, it was actually depressing but you get what I mean I guess.

Damn, I feel like if my gf just left me via WhatsApp: "Sorry honey, I've just met these 2 dudes who happen to outgross you." lol

shaowebb

He aint too wrong though. High Voltage ruined this for us and it just never got fully fixed for some of us. I'm on a Radeon and I put in 80 hours stuck at like 20 fps half the time trying DESPERATELY to be a part of this. I was modding still at TYM back when this happened and without a next gen console this was it for me.

Help never arrived. I'm out in the cold. I can't blame someone for feeling hurt and snubbed. I still do.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Sooo... I'm not sure if you guys are aware but someone started a petition for WB to "reconsider" and bring us back to the console version standard.

At the time of this post it has 4300-something supporters. I'm not sure if it can do much, but well, it's somethin I guess.

On the other hand, it was funny because yesterday when Netherrealm was streaming the new character on Twitch and the chat was full of "Bring it to PC" comments. But it was even funnier the whole matter was completely unspoken -- no one wants to be the one to admit this, they just left us with that forum comment. Well, it was actually depressing but you get what I mean I guess.

Damn, I feel like if my gf just left me via WhatsApp: "Sorry honey, I've just met these 2 dudes who happen to outgross you." lol

They're also planning to start a fundraiser for a class action lawsuit against WB Games and they seem pretty serious about it.

This is getting a bit out of hand tbh. There are plenty of other games that were abandoned by developers in some platforms (console CSGO and Payday 2 for example) and it never went this far. From what I've heard MKX on PC works fine at the moment and while it's unfortunate that it won't get further patches or DLC, the people that are requesting refunds are pushing it

GHG

Gold Member
They're also planning to start a fundraiser for a class action lawsuit against WB Games and they seem pretty serious about it.

This is getting a bit out of hand tbh. There are plenty of other games that were abandoned by developers in some platforms (console CSGO and Payday 2 for example) and it never went this far. From what I've heard MKX on PC works fine at the moment and while it's unfortunate that it won't get further patches or DLC, the people that are requesting refunds are pushing it

Weren't people sold season passes before?

mdsfx

Yep. As pissed as I am, we've gotten what we paid for. I don't even think the idea of a Kombat Pack 2 existed when this game was first released. There were no promises there.

shaowebb

I can say from a Radeon 6800 user's perspective that it does not work fine at all still. Nvidia users apparently had better luck with the patches. Minimum settings I still can't run many stages and it stutters and drops frames a lot regardless. Taking on the final boss ALWAYS drops frames horribly and framerate goes to pieces. I've never once been able to have it in a playable manner online.

The game sold 500k copies on the platform, you shouldn't have to fucking petition for support.

Those people are morons. It is reasonable to be upset about the situation, but asking for refunds or making lawsuits is pointless. You were sold MKX with KP1, you got it. It is not the first time developers have abandoned a game, there are way worse examples like Double Fine slapping V1 on SpaceBase and leaving it practically unfinished.

It would be a completely different story if the game didn't get the compelte KP1 or was left with broken features.

He aint too wrong though. High Voltage ruined this for us and it just never got fully fixed for some of us. I'm on a Radeon and I put in 80 hours stuck at like 20 fps half the time trying DESPERATELY to be a part of this.

Friend is playing on 280 and I never heared him complain about graphics or performance. What is your GPU? The Radeon could refer to low tier desktop graphics or some mobile GPU.

shaowebb

This is why you dont hire 3rd parties that low bid to do your ports. Especially ones with track records as NOTORIOUSLY BAD as High Voltage. This game wasn't the first time something like this happened with them on a port. People generally have to get called in to try and repair their stuff and sometimes they cant.

hesido

Probably due to how shitty the port was, the active player base was on the low side. And they screw PC users further with this. They dropped support because of their own shitty support.

Nzyme32

He aint too wrong though. High Voltage ruined this for us and it just never got fully fixed for some of us. I'm on a Radeon and I put in 80 hours stuck at like 20 fps half the time trying DESPERATELY to be a part of this. I was modding still at TYM back when this happened and without a next gen console this was it for me.

Help never arrived. I'm out in the cold. I can't blame someone for feeling hurt and snubbed. I still do.

From what I understand, WB may well be more to blame. It seems much more of a QA issue over anything, which is also why we saw Iron Galaxy spectacularly fail with Batman.

They got what they paid for, didn't they?

Senhua

Maybe WB plans to release some later date after console version but they cannot speak about this because they want to maximize profit on console.

I think this issue a little strange : the notification only came from community manager in some forum not an official press statement by the publisher.

Jawmuncher

Maybe WB plans to release some later date after console version but they cannot speak about this because they want to maximize profit on console.

I think this issue a little strange : the notification only came from community manager in some forum not an official press statement by the publisher.

Yeah I'm more bothered by no official statement on the matter.

VariantX

This is bull. You PC guys shouldn't have to beg them to fix their screwups. You already bought half a million copies. They should support you the way you supported them. Or at the absolute minimum, explain themselves for their decision to drop support.

Numb

tumblr_ma2589a9ys1r8hdhn.gif

Top Bottom