• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X on PC (500,000 SOLD) not getting Kombat Pack 2 or XL version

mdsfx

I understand just how sad this is, but this fiasco, the Arkham Knight clusterf***, and with the larger FGC community on PSN, it all convinced me to purchase a PS4 over the weekend.

Still pissed.

Dropped? DROPPED? You're gonna drop PC support? You're gonna fucking drop PC support? Why? Why, because PC fucked you? You fucked PC, you fucked PC! You came to Steam, you came to PC! It got you some sales, it got you your money, you had a fucking SEASON PASS! You made it, you sold it, YOU came on to PC! What were we supposed to do? We all preordered for Goro, we all fucking preordered for Goro! It was on-disc DLC! ON-DISC FUCKING DLC! And it shows up at on my fucking recommended list! What are we supposed to do? "We're sorry about the bad ports, c'mon, buy us! We promise this time. C'mon, BUY US!" Oh, Steam sales, discounts, it doesn't matter, hard crashes, bad netcode, you don't give a fuck. You'll just sell anything! You'll just sell anything! Well you lied to me, I tried to support you, I bought your game I WAS A GOOD GUY I'M A GOOD GUY! AND YOU JUST FUCKING FUCKED ME? What now you're gonna drop PC support!!?? You're gonna drop PC why why because I bought on PC WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS IS FUCKING INSANE

Is this movie worth seeing since you quoted it? I liked Keanu Reeves in The Matrix and I heard Jon Wick was baller.

When you realize the mods are film plebeians
RQoZrt4N.png

Dropped? DROPPED? You're gonna drop PC support? You're gonna fucking drop PC support? Why? Why, because PC fucked you? You fucked PC, you fucked PC! You came to Steam, you came to PC! It got you some sales, it got you your money, you had a fucking SEASON PASS! You made it, you sold it, YOU came on to PC! What were we supposed to do? We all preordered for Goro, we all fucking preordered for Goro! It was on-disc DLC! ON-DISC FUCKING DLC! And it shows up at on my fucking recommended list! What are we supposed to do? "We're sorry about the bad ports, c'mon, buy us! We promise this time. C'mon, BUY US!" Oh, Steam sales, discounts, it doesn't matter, hard crashes, bad netcode, you don't give a fuck. You'll just sell anything! You'll just sell anything! Well you lied to me, I tried to support you, I bought your game I WAS A GOOD GUY I'M A GOOD GUY! AND YOU JUST FUCKING FUCKED ME? What now you're gonna drop PC support!!?? You're gonna drop PC why why because I bought on PC WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK THIS IS FUCKING INSANE

Wow he got banned for posting this. This is good ole modified quote from
Knock Knock

Garlador

This is darn good. ...
... Did folks realize this was from the film "Knock Knock"? I hope he wasn't banned for this.

Still does bite for PC users, especially as WB ramps up marketing for all those cool new characters, stages, and new content you totally won't be getting.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The PC version was never fit for purpose, from day one it had countless issues and the online never worked properly, or even at all most of the time. I basically paid £30+ for training mode and a 5 hour campaign. I honestly feel like Warner Brother's got away with daylight robbery. I had mostly forgotten about Mortal Kombat X until the XL version was announced, back when I bought the PC version I didn't have a PS4 but now I do and I'd love to play MKX again how it was meant to be played but I'm not in the position to buy the same game twice, nor do I feel like I should have to! I really think WB should offer a full refund to all PC players for a short period of time, or at least offer some sort of key exchange system so we can get a key for a console of our choice while removing the PC version from our Steam account.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The PC version was never fit for purpose, from day one it had countless issues and the online never worked properly, or even at all most of the time. I basically paid £30+ for training mode and a 5 hour campaign. I honestly feel like Warner Brother's got away with daylight robbery. I had mostly forgotten about Mortal Kombat X until the XL version was announced, back when I bought the PC version I didn't have a PS4 but now I do and I'd love to play MKX again how it was meant to be played but I'm not in the position to buy the same game twice, nor do I feel like I should have to! I really think WB should offer a full refund to all PC players for a short period of time, or at least offer some sort of key exchange system so we can get a key for a console of our choice while removing the PC version from our Steam account.

Yeah, it's wild. I really liked the game, but as you said the PC version was fucked from day 1. After a couple patches the performance was fine for me but by then the word was out that it was a shit port and the online lobbies had tumbleweeds blowing through them because the netcode was atrocious.

I would actually love to pick it up on ps4 but I'm not going to out of principal. SFV also easing the blow and Capcom comes correct with their PC versions so I'm not worried.

grendelrt

Yeah I feel like that would be a good solution, but would probably never happen. The fact that they screwed PC owners at the release hardcore and then turn around and screw them again really says what they think about the platform.

Redhood

Its quite clear that HVS shitted the bed. WB hired someone to fix the mess and when that was done they were done with the game. Now there is no one there to port all the new stuff to game.

Who knows when maybe all the content is done WB may port all of it in one go?

Khezu

Its quite clear that HVS shitted the bed. WB hired someone to fix the mess and when that was done they were done with the game. Now there is no one there to port all the new stuff to game.

Who knows when maybe all the content is done WB may port all of it in one go?

The way they have talked about it, since a little bit after launch they have been working on rebuilding the game from the ground up to support rollback netcode. Saying it has been a pretty big overhaul.

I don't know what that means for the PC version, but it seems like it would make the whole thing a bit harder then just porting over the new characters.

I mean they could just port the characters and balance changes over and keep the delay based netcode. I don't know if that would be better or worse then not getting anything at all.

Hasney

So after al this sh*t, do you think the future Mortal Kombat 11 will come to PC?

Depends when it comes out. Between Batman and this, I doubt WB will bother with PC for a while.

They'll probably come out in a few years and say how they've changed and re-focused on PC.

Dremark

Banned
I still think it's funny SFV gets all the outrage. Yeah it probably should have had more one player content, the servers not being able to handle the load was also a huge issue but I don't know how avoidable that actually was.

Regardless Capcom is at least making good on the game and even if you don't think the game is worth it in it's current state it will be later.

WB is just leaving PC players high and dry, which is a shame as MKX is a great game too.

Khezu

Mortal Kombat 11 won't be for 3+ years.
By then things could change.

Injustice 2 could/probably skip the PC though.

I still think it's funny SFV gets all the outrage. Yeah it probably should have had more one player content, the servers not being able to handle the load was also a huge issue but I don't know how avoidable that actually was.

MKX was already really old when this happened so not as many cared I guess.
It is kinda weird that MKX has higher steam reviews then SFV though, I mean even ignoring WB ditching the PC, MKX launched hella broke and didn't work for a few days, had insane patching issues, and deleted peoples save games.

Corpekata

Banned

Regardless Capcom is at least making good on the game and even if you don't think the game is worth it in it's current state it will be later.

WB is just leaving PC players high and dry, which is a shame as MKX is a great game too.

This game and WB got a TON of shit. Like this thread literally got derailed by someone that was glad this happened because he was upset people were talking about the shitty PC version too much.

Dremark

Banned
This game and WB got a TON of shit. Like this thread literally got derailed by someone that was glad this happened because he was upset people were talking about the shitty PC version too much.

I got MKXat launch and don't recall it being even remotely close to the backlash SFV had.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Injustice 2 could/probably skip the PC though.
But even if it won't skip PC, who will buy the PC version? I mean, it is clear as day that WB don't give F about PC and NR won't be developing the PC port which means only two things - 1) High Voltage and 2) yet another shitty PC port with almost zero support. Do we really need another PC port like MKX? I highly doubt it.

I got MKXat launch and don't recall it being even remotely close to the backlash SFV had.

There are probably a few of reasons for this: Firstly, PC players appear to have been the minority of MKX owners, based on sales numbers, so even though it was unplayable for us on launch, we were the minority. Secondly, and once the game worked for everyone, even when servers were overloaded, you could still play single-player in MKX without issue and earn Kombat bucks, which was probably all that a lot of people were interested in anyway. In the case of SFV, not only were servers overloaded, single-player was pathetic and you need to be online to earn FM, with any disconnect forcing you to start over. And this applies to everyone, not just the minority of PC owners. In other words, a minority got screwed by the MKX launch, and almost everyone got screwed by the SFV launch.

Read this is Joe Pesci's "they fuck you in the drive-thru" voice and it's even better.

Khezu

Will XL feature non-regional online play?

If you own it on the xbox.... sure.

People in the beta have been playing cross region, but officially only Americans are supposed to be in the beta, so there may only be an American server open.

Right now the netcode is definitely in a good enough state to not require region locking.
But if I had to bet, I'm gonna say it's still region locked in the final game.

RM8

The odd thing is that apparently an Ermac skin is coming to PC. Man, I'm still super upset about this :( It's my favourite entry in one of my favourite series ever, and now I don't have a platform to play it.

Hasney

If you own it on the xbox.... sure.

People in the beta have been playing cross region, but officially only Americans are supposed to be in the beta, so there may only be an American server open.

Right now the netcode is definitely in a good enough state to not require region locking.
But if I had to bet, I'm gonna say it's still region locked in the final game.

Yeah, the beta doesn't really count. I can technically play cross region if I buy the PS4 version from USA PSN... but I'm just locked to the US servers.

Glad to hear they've actually improved the code though and that's going well. Hopefully they open it up.

Khezu

The odd thing is that apparently an Ermac skin is coming to PC. Man, I'm still super upset about this :( It's my favourite entry in one of my favourite series ever, and now I don't have a platform to play it.

They reuploded that trailer with out the steam logo.

DR2K

Banned

Quantity control.

Top Bottom