• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL (Komplete Edition) coming in March

Yeah, I sincerely don't understand. 500k customers. Let's say that each of those brought in $15. This is 7.5 m USD. Some bean counter doing a CBA for this has their head in their behind if they want to affect future sales by continuing on this path

Of those people that purchased it on PC, there's many that would get that pack or the complete edition. Of those that want it but can't get it will either- get it on a console- or say screw it and not get it at all. Of the ones that decide to go that route, there's going to be a lot of people that won't ever buy a WB product again. I see at least a little bit of negative press from this. Can't see how it's not worth it to try to make things work.,

I don't understand how they have decided that it's in good business practice to skip that many potential sales. After the Batman fiasco, I'd really think that someone there would be paying a much better mind to how they treat the PC people.

I hope the gaming media brings a lot of attention to this. I hope Jim Sterling, TB, and Angry Joe take WB to task over this. If WB try to pull this again in the future, they will get screwed due to Steam refunds.

Pachinko

It is kind of lame to just stop supporting PC but after the way they handled the release of MKX and Arkham Knight on PC , perhaps it's for the best ?

Perhaps they plan to rebuild the ports of both games at some point in the future or perhaps they've determined that it would cost a few million dollars in each case and it's not worth the effort (especially in batmans case, thanks to all the bad press they got both times they attempted to release it).

In any case, maybe they should freeze sales of MKX and anyone with a PC version gets a code to download the game on PS4 or XB1 for free , not MKXL mind you, just MKX. Also , perhaps give those 500,000 owners of their game 50% of their money back too and refund any DLC /season passes they bought.

As for me, I bought MKX on PS4 and played it for about 2 weeks and got bored. Had 0 interest in any of the DLC , especially for what it was being sold at. I was tempted to just sell my copy off and buy the GOTY edition which I guess is what MKXL is really. But not for full price. Games a year old now , frequently being sold for 60% off it's original value and the DLC isn't worth 50$ a season , maybe 20, but see- season 1 is also a few months old at this point so 10$ seems a fair value. What I'm getting at is MKXL might be worth it if it launched for 39.99 USD , living in canada means I have to pay 30+% more for games now so spending as much as I did last year for the same game with 8 new characters, 6 of which I've got little to no interest in seems kind of wasteful. Especially with SFV out just 2 weeks before this and KI season 3 starting up not long after.

Uraizen

Banned
It is kind of lame to just stop supporting PC but after the way they handled the release of MKX and Arkham Knight on PC , perhaps it's for the best ?

Perhaps they plan to rebuild the ports of both games at some point in the future or perhaps they've determined that it would cost a few million dollars in each case and it's not worth the effort (especially in batmans case, thanks to all the bad press they got both times they attempted to release it).

In any case, maybe they should freeze sales of MKX and anyone with a PC version gets a code to download the game on PS4 or XB1 for free , not MKXL mind you, just MKX. Also , perhaps give those 500,000 owners of their game 50% of their money back too and refund any DLC /season passes they bought.

They would just gift us Batman for a final laugh.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Loakum

Banned
I guess this is good news for me. I purchased the ultra rare Kollector's Edition for $180, but never got around to playing it (Witcher 3, Bloodborne, MGSV, and Batman Atkham Knight took all of my time). Now I can trade in the game for the Komplete Edition.

vCIpnMf.jpg
lgLsxHKl.jpg

Correction: I can just keep the steel book version of Mortal Kombat X (I already have), and just purchase the Kombat Pack 2 DLC for $19.99, to get all the new content. Problem Solved.

Arttemis

Correction: I can just keep the steel book version of Mortal Kombat X (I already have), and just purchase the Kombat Pack 2 DLC for $19.99, to get all the new content. Problem Solved.
KP2 only contains the second wave of characters and skins. The XL upgrade for $5 more contains both waves of characters and skins and an additional skin pack.

What I want to know is how to get the cosplay skin pack digitally. Can we preorder the XL upgrade?

Loakum

Banned
KP2 only contains the second wave of characters and skins. The XL upgrade for $5 more contains both waves of characters and skins and an additional skin pack.

What I want to know is how to get the cosplay skin pack digitally. Can we preorder the XL upgrade?

The Kollector's Edition I have already has the first wave of characters and skins. I just need 2nd wave. I heard the cosplay outfits are pre order bonuses....for now.

ksdixon

Have you guys been having more issues with shareplay lately? When Mortal Kombat X came out I was able to workaround the online verses matches being region locked by playing "local coop" over shareplay. I played my USA pstore bought game as my UK psn ID with at least cj (Canadian), Tina/josh (UK) and Jack (Ireland).

I went to play it today over shareplay with Simon (UK), and he kept getting the page saying the game wasn't released in his country yet. When, obviously MKX is released in UK already.

Same thing happened when I tried shareplaying the UK The Division beta with Simons brother Ade. Seems like it may have been patched-out of MKX and "not released in your country yet" is a standard catch-all error message.

Additionally I find myself confused over MKX and DLC. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that with the announcement of MKXL that this is the end of MKX's DLC? It is said to include all the DLC, aftwerall. Or is there a hidden "(up to this point)" asterisk next to that marketing bulletpoint? Afterall, The Last Of Us Remastered's multiplayer received two new maps as DLC on both the PS3 original and the PS4 remaster, after the Remaster had released. If it is a TLOUR deal, seems silly to release a GOTY type game if still planning future DLC. But then again Boon did tweet about a "Story" Kombat Pack DLC when someone asked him about playing as story mode characters like Baraka and Rain.

I preordered the digital deluxe edition of MKX. So I got Goro and Kombat Pack 1 etc. I was under the impression that whilst "spinoff" DLCs like skins could be purchased separately from the season pass, I would get the main Kombat Pack 2 fighters free also. But KP2 was announces and it seems to be half-filled with these things I've already bought separately like character skins and Goro, which is a total slap in the face on top of getting two more wasted "horror movie guest" characters in Leatherface and BarakAlien. And it appears as though KP2 is separate from the Season Pass and will have to be bought? Someone please set me straight on KP2, because the way I'm understanding it right now seems super lazy and super scummy as well.

Nemesis_

So I have had a quick look with XL as it has gone live in Australia.

The only thing I have to ask quickly as I have not had much chance is whether or not the mobile content is included? I notice I still don't have access to Klassic Mileena despite installing XL.

I had Mortal Kombat X on disc, but bought XL digitally. That wouldn't be interfering with it would it? Or are the mobile things not included at all?

Interestingly on PS4 I never finished story mode so I don't have a lot of costumes. Those remain locked on XL until I finish story mode by the looks of things.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So I have had a quick look with XL as it has gone live in Australia.

The only thing I have to ask quickly as I have not had much chance is whether or not the mobile content is included? I notice I still don't have access to Klassic Mileena despite installing XL.

I had Mortal Kombat X on disc, but bought XL digitally. That wouldn't be interfering with it would it? Or are the mobile things not included at all?

Interestingly on PS4 I never finished story mode so I don't have a lot of costumes. Those remain locked on XL until I finish story mode by the looks of things.

sorry but nothing from mobile is included with any edition of XL.
playing the dumb ass mobile game hopefully for the last time myself to unlock the cassie and jacqui skins.

Top Bottom