• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL (Komplete Edition) coming in March

bman94

PC is not getting 2nd Kombat pack? They pulled the same bullshit with Injustice and the Wii U version making it forever the inferior version. I feel like this isn't even Netherrealm's own doing either, I feel like WB just loves screwing people over.

To confirm- this is the "complete pack" - with two pre-order only skins?

This makes me slightly nervous- as in expecting there to be a few more skins down the road. Perhaps they are timed and will unlock for everybody later? Is there an easy way to get confirmation on this?

MutFox

Banned
You don't wanna be the last people to jump in on a fighter if you care about online community. The community is usually a little smaller but the people left are battle hardened players. That initial learning curve is easier when you buy in at launch because everyone is learning the game at the same time. All those people who are gonna play MKX for the first time with the XL edition are about to get demolished online.

Don't care about the community for MK, never was a big fan of the MK series.
Just wanted this one for the story mode, as it looks like they put a lot of effort into it.
I'll get it when it's on sale, don't need to play it right away.

Though Street Fighter V, I already have preordered and playing the beta whenever they let me. :p
That community, I do care about.

Danneee

March? Nah, I'll be playing SF5 by then. Might have had some interest if this had been released last October/November.

Don't care about the community for MK, never was a big fan of the MK series.
Just wanted this one for the story mode, as it looks like they put a lot of effort into it.
I'll get it when it's on sale, don't need to play it right away.

Though Street Fighter V, I already have preordered and playing the beta whenever they let me. :p
That community, I do care about.

It's 4 hours max, just rent it if story is what you want.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Have yet to pick this up because of the backlog, and assumed they would make a version like this. Yes please!

Are they going to add Freddy from the last game so there can be a proper Freddy vs. Jason, just like they will have Alien vs. Predator?

Lgndryhr

I have been waiting on this version, but feel it is a little too late. I suspected one was close when I saw the deep discounts during the Holidays.

From what I noticed from the trailer.

Cassie: MK3 Sub-Zero / Pink (alt. color)

Jacqui: MK2 Scorpion / Khrome (alt. color)

Ferra/Torr: New outfit

Ermac: Gold Scorpion/Cold Steel variant

Kotal Kahn: New Outfit

Edit: Oh shit! Leatherface actually has a different alt. xD At first I thought it was just a recolor, and a nod to one of his masks... but then I saw that he has no apron, an open collar, longer sleeves and a longer tie as well. It's completely one of his other designs.

Khezu

It's 60 according to Amazon, and has an especially hideous cover.
uLQ3qNN.jpg

Edit: Oh shit! Leatherface actually has a different alt. xD At first I thought it was just a recolor, and a nod to one of his masks... but then I saw that he has no apron, an open collar, longer sleeves and a longer tie as well. It's completely one of his other designs.

I hope there's also an alt for his stupid fuckin face.

I know there's no chance of that considering he's "leatherface" after all

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
This is the very reason I'm tempted to hold off on SFV. Just wait for a complete one. Too late to do it on Killer Instinct.

Might grab this on sale.

Miles X

Guess this means no Kombat Pack 3 and they're finishing up MKX?

MK9 only got one pack. I think by the time all these characters are out a third Kombat pack would be a bit much. The game came out a year ago when this releases afterall.

Also, it's the full game with two lots of DLC worth like $20 each, that's $100 of content. Why the moaning and surprise on the $60 price tag? 0_o

Hmmm...don't know how to feel about this. I bought the digital premium ed before new Year. I need to look at those numbers again, I want it all and I want it now.

Really....It's already bad enough that PC gamers are treated like second class citizens when it comes to AAA by some developers.

Yeah, I sincerely don't understand. 500k customers. Let's say that each of those brought in $15. This is 7.5 m USD. Some bean counter doing a CBA for this has their head in their behind if they want to affect future sales by continuing on this path

Of those people that purchased it on PC, there's many that would get that pack or the complete edition. Of those that want it but can't get it will either- get it on a console- or say screw it and not get it at all. Of the ones that decide to go that route, there's going to be a lot of people that won't ever buy a WB product again. I see at least a little bit of negative press from this. Can't see how it's not worth it to try to make things work.,

I don't understand how they have decided that it's in good business practice to skip that many potential sales. After the Batman fiasco, I'd really think that someone there would be paying a much better mind to how they treat the PC people.

Top Bottom