• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL (Komplete Edition) coming in March

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So it's looking like:

PC won't get KP2
PC won't get new online beta.

Dropping support like Wii.

:(

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
def learned my lesson .. i will never buy a fighting game day one again.
when all the servers are dead. i have half a game.

/butthurt

Arkeband

Banned
It'd be nice if there was a digital upgrade for this, similar to what they did for SF4.

Having to trade in the base game for a new disc seems pointless when it makes you install the whole thing to your system anyway.

bumpkin

It'd be nice if there was a digital upgrade for this, similar to what they did for SF4.

Having to trade in the base game for a new disc seems pointless when it makes you install the whole thing to your system anyway.
I think their version of a digital upgrade is making us buy Kombat Pack 1 and 2.

NeoRaider

One of the biggest disappointments of 2015 for me. (PC version).
After pre-ordering MK:KE, Injustice and MKX i will never again buy another MK or Injustice game for PC.

Griss

Well, this is what I was waiting for from the start (since the Goro DLC reveal), but that pre-order DLC has me worried that this isn't as 'Complete' as it might appear to be. If I was to buy this and then find out there's a Kombat Pack 3 on the way I would be pissed.

evilr

Banned
I'll wait to see how online is improved before I buy it. Online in MKX has been atrocious and unforgivable.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
It was me, you guys. I finally broke down and picked it up, with a gift card, last week.

This is the keystone event, me buying a Netherrealms fighting game, that triggers the announcement of a new version. This way I can watch the price I just paid drop over the next few weeks.

It works that way with me and Capcom, too.

You're welcome.

I'll wait to see how online is improved before I buy it. Online in MKX has been atrocious and unforgivable.
So far it he Beta has only being out a day and their had being really good things said about it already even from Capcome guys like Autharo (or however his name is spelt lol)

Spades

I'll double dip on MKX to get this (and I've already got most of the DLC) - the game is fantastic and IMO the best fighter I've played in years.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Buying this depending on if it comes with scorpion gold skin and they not trying to charge a fee to unlock the krypt again.

stn

Does this mean no KP3? Shame, I would have wanted the story mode characters to make it in.

Zedox

And this is why I like Killer Instinct's way of delivering fighters. Having to worry about a "complete" edition (even though they have their own version on disc) after their initial release. Either way, I'll wait for this to get cheaper (digitally) and then I'll bite since I really only want to play MK for the story.

Also why are people acting like they got robbed ?

Other than the Goro bullshit the game was absolutely loaded with content I'd say ever more content was in the base game as there was in MK9 complete and maybe IGAU too

Ultimate editions for games is very common for AAA games so stop acting like this is a scumbag move that NRS has created .

Fordfx2

I knew this was coming. I got burned with MK 9 and knew I should wait this time around. I will finally be getting MK X now that it's "komplete."

The only reason they ever make "Komplete Editions" are by burning the people who buy it at launch and milk them with DLC to make their sales back and overprice reskins and with different color schemes.

I feel you on MK9 though, I did the same thing....I just wait until these "Komplete Editions" come out now. PFFFT Fighters on launch day are usually a waste of money but, yet they still get people everytime!

Garlador

The only reason they ever make "Komplete Editions" are by burning the people who buy it at launch and milk them with DLC to make their sales back and overprice reskins and with different color schemes.

I feel you on MK9 though, I did the same thing....I just wait until these "Komplete Editions" come out now. PFFFT Fighters on launch day are usually a waste of money but, yet they still get people everytime!

True, but I really wanted to experience the Story Mode before all my friends spoiled the ending or something.

I get the games at launch, then don't buy DLC, then wait for the GOTY edition, wait for that to go down in price, then get it for sub-$20 with all the DLC I missed.

You did get to play the game for a whole year when it was extra hot and hype.

How'd you get burned? You got the base game 6-7 months before the complete edition and could pay for the dlc or not. It's about whether or not how much you felt you got your money's worth from the vanilla package, if you didn't then you could say that but I hope it's not because you had to buy the game and dlc when you could've waited 180 days and got everything cheaper that you feel you got burned.

Because I was unaware that there would be a complete edition coming when I purchased it the first time. That's how I got burned. I didn't know I could wait and get everything on one disk later. There was no precedent set before that would have let me know I could wait for a complete package later. Also at the time I was under the impression that I couldn't play online with those that had purchased the complete edition. So yeah, I felt burned.

You did get to play the game for a whole year when it was extra hot and hype.
Yeah man I feel a lot of people just because they can.

While being robbed is a subjective term, I fail to see how the base game was not worth the money
So much content that I'm too lazy to list

I'm glad they didn't call it the kinglets edition this time this time as people translate that to " we held content back to charge you later" which is not the case at all.
There is no evidence of them holding content back other than Goro

So they throw their hands up in the air for the steam version huh. Guess that's the last product mister Boon will ever sell to me on steam. What a shitshow MKX was.

Fordfx2

You know, i was considering picking this up until i saw this shit.

Fuck it, i'm going to wait until the XXXL edition then...

The XXXL Edition will include this:

24734134.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is the game good on PS4? I bought it on PC at release and online was unplayable months after, the main sever went down every day and 99% of matches were too laggy to play.

Top Bottom