• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Practical Female Armor in RPGs?

Zuly

I've always thought that Agrias from FFT was a good representation of a female knight with good practical armor in video games:

wyVtd.jpg

Came here to post this. ^

PK Gaming

The "correct" FE answer :)P)

380979-titanica_main_image.jpg

<3 <3 <3 Titania

She's got style, beauty and grace... and is arguably the most attractive FE female in the series. And she does this while completely covered up (its magic I tell you...)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The "correct" FE answer :)P)

380979-titanica_main_image.jpg

<3 <3 <3 Titania

She's got style, beauty and grace... and is arguably the most attractive FE female in the series. And she does this while completely covered up (its magic I tell you...)

She's great. It's too bad she is a promoted unit and you shouldn't use her too much and steal XP from the guys who need it. I basically don't give her a weapon and just use her as a defensive meat shield.

PK Gaming

She's great. It's too bad she is a promoted unit and you shouldn't use her too much and steal XP from the guys who need it. I basically don't give her a weapon and just use her as a defensive meat shield.

Well that's the case in FE9 (tbh I still use her anyway), but in FE10 I couldn't care less since she's tier 2 in that game and doesn't hog EXP. She also happens to one of the best characters in that game (she was like my go-to unit after "he who must not be named" in hard mode)

Promoted Titania (Gold Knight):

FE10_Titania_%28Gold_Knight%29.png

Simply amazing.

PK Gaming

Even though I loathe her character (she is quite simply one of the worst units in Fire Emblem history and she's really annoying) Meg has some practical armor too.

Elincia's armor would have been perfect if she wasn't wearing a skirt .-.

She's a poor farm girl and yet can afford dyed plate mail?

Government subsidies :D

Even though I loathe her character (she is quite simply one of the worst units in Fire Emblem history and she's really annoying) Meg has some practical armor too.

She's not as bad if you're pro at babying and give her a forged sword and pretend she's a myrmidon. And, in terms of practicality, she actually wears a helmet!

Valkyrie Profile's has a good mix of stylized art and actually practical armor, assuming she has leather armor or more plate mail under her skirt. I've always liked that game's look. The Souls games barely differentiate between body types, which is pretty cool. It wouldn't work for every game, but it's awesome that the game doesn't compromise its dark and serious tone for constant bullshit fanservice. Hilde from Soul Calibur is a great design too, considering she's in Soul Calibur.

As much as I love Fire Emblem... dudes, those armors would be totally whack in real life.

"please don't stab or shoot or slice my legs, it's not straight up dawg time"

At least with characters like Lyn there's something of an excuse, considering she's got to be as agile as possible, but a lot of Fire Emblem's design choices were clearly made because they were sexy.

PK Gaming

As much as I love Fire Emblem... dudes, those armors would be totally whack in real life.

FE as a whole as actually pretty cool with the whole female armor thing. Obviously there are outliers like Neph, but all in all I think they're pretty solid.

(I think I should just post the entire female cast of FE10 lmao)

Seda

FE as a whole as actually pretty cool with the whole female armor thing. Obviously there are outliers like Neph, but all in all I think they're pretty solid.

(I think I should just post the entire female cast of FE10 lmao)

Most of FE8's females wear impractical short skirts, however.

Top Bottom