• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm RC |OT|

The game does support d-pad support, which i'm really glad for. Did you try playing with d-pad?

I only tried the analog stick, it was pretty unwieldy. D-pad might indeed be better.

And you're racing RC cars, so the cars should look tiny.

I know, the camera should still have been closer though.

It is also suppose to be a quite different game than the traditional Motorstorm games as well. The only resemblance to Motorstorm is the name and some track locations. It might as well be called a spin off.

I agree, it might have been better if they didn't call it MotorStorm.

test_account

XP-39C²
I only tried the analog stick, it was pretty unwieldy. D-pad might indeed be better.

I know, the camera should still have been closer though.

I agree, it might have been better if they didn't call it MotorStorm.
I always prefer d-pad in racing games at least :) I feel that this gives more precise control of the car. I cant comment much on the other stuff though since i havnt tried the game myself yet.

wouwie

Could be awesome but none of the footage and screenshots have convinced me yet. The tracks seem very short and with little variation. I'd expect lots of ramps, elevation, turns, obstacles (like water, mud,...),... Also, the cars seem a bit out of place and seem to float on the track.

Fingers crossed this turns out to be a great game. I loved Super Skidmarks, Super Cars and Super Off-road racing on my Amiga.

That price point is an utter coup. I dunno, it could be quite the DLC whore, but for such a low cost of entry, a slew of map and car packs wouldn't go astray.

I actually quite like the look...it looks like a clean and efficient racer.

Hope the US release isn't too far behind.

Peru

Love top down racers - god knows Reckless Racing is my most played iOs game, so I'm on this day one.

Binabik15

Aww, look at those kwute little twacks.

For 6€ I'll buy this even if it's bad. Why? Because I like the idea of game characters (here: racers) playing with miniatures of themselves and I want other franchises to do the same. Imagine how cute miniature Helghasts would be in a brawler type game with big Helghasts cheering them on and betting. Or Drake playing with miniature ships in a pool in a Pirates! sort of game.

Aww, look at those kwute little twacks.

For 6€ I'll buy this even if it's bad. Why? Because I like the idea of game characters (here: racers) playing with miniatures of themselves and I want other franchises to do the same. Imagine how cute miniature Helghasts would be in a brawler type game with big Helghasts cheering them on and betting. Or Drake playing with miniature ships in a pool in a Pirates! sort of game.

See, this is why I want Killzone: Liberation 2 instead of just a portable FPS. Twin-stick shooter, isometric madness, that fine weapon balance Liberation had (seriously, dat balance!), awesome detail...

...please, Guerrilla?!

Anyway, yes. Motorstorm RC will be madness.

See, this is why I want Killzone: Liberation 2 instead of just a portable FPS. Twin-stick shooter, isometric madness, that fine weapon balance Liberation had (seriously, dat balance!), awesome detail...

...please, Guerrilla?!

I want killzone liberation 2 too, really liked that game!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fuck yeah.

Love the duality PS3/Vita, especially when it comes for free.

Love that my launch games are going to be dirt cheap (Super Stardust, Motorstorm RC).

Good stuff all around.

Just got finished downloading it, yay. Will do some impressions later.

Edit: Initial impressions:

Man the default camera is bad, there are better ones but I don't feel like there's a perfect one there.

Menu-system is odd and doesn't feel nice to move through.

Overall the game feels oddly cheap and not that fun, I've only played it for 30 minutes, but it didn't grab me at all, and it feels like a subpar iOS game, which is sad, since the idea of RC is really good, but it feels like Evolution didn't pull it off satisfactory.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

out where?

Still need to understand how the trophies work. If its a shared save, does it communicate the trophies you've earned on Vita to PS3, or not? Developer comments seem a bit vague

out where?

Still need to understand how the trophies work. If its a shared save, does it communicate the trophies you've earned on Vita to PS3, or not? Developer comments seem a bit vague

looks like you can sync trophies between PS3 version and Vita version. so any trophies you got from Vita will be synced to the PS3 version as well.

Agent X

Looks like a great price for the European release, especially considering you get it on both systems. I hope the North American release has a similarly low price.

I'm somewhat worried after reading Vinterbird's impressions, though. Is that a demo? The first post in the thread says it comes out on February 22. If anyone else picks it up, let us know what you think.

Also, I don't mind that you can earn trophies on both systems, but they should have done one of the following:

1. Combine them into a single trophy list (that's shared between both systems) and allow you to synchronize trophies.

2. Have two separate trophy lists, but there's no synchronization and you actually have to accomplish the task on whatever system you're playing on in order to unlock the trophy on that particular platform's trophy list.

#1 is preferable, but seems like it might be somewhat difficult with the way things are set up now. As it stands now, PS3 players can't even view a Vita player's online status. Still, that is a goal that they should work toward realizing.

out where?

Press copy with my Vita. I haven't checked if there also was a PS3 version, will check up on that later today and see how the save structure is.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Edit: Initial impressions:

Man the default camera is bad, there are better ones but I don't feel like there's a perfect one there.

Menu-system is odd and doesn't feel nice to move through.

Overall the game feels oddly cheap and not that fun, I've only played it for 30 minutes, but it didn't grab me at all, and it feels like a subpar iOS game, which is sad, since the idea of RC is really good, but it feels like Evolution didn't pull it off satisfactory.
Aw, that's a shame. It's still cheap enough for me to buy and check out myself, at least.

Binabik15

...please, Guerrilla?!

Liberation was a great PSP game. Of course Sony won't have another one made for Vita!

Same with Metal Gear Acid. Great portable game, but it'll be all about how many "different" ports MGS1-3 (and PSP spin-offs) will get :(

And I still like the image of people playing with toys for the game. I want a full game controlling RC Metal Gears through stages Otacon made in empty warhead silos while he should've built bombs! Perfect fit for MG universe whackiness and it takes the "Rawr, I iz serious game I haz serious stories" aspect out of it, allowing all kinds of (even) crazy(er) to happen.

I really really hope this whole "buy once, get it on multiple platforms" thing becomes a trend. I about pissed my pants when steam went to mac and all my steam games that had a mac port I didn't need to buy a second time to play (specifically EU3, Civ, and TF2). Of course, my mac is an old cheap mess so it can't really run TF2 anyway, but NOT IMOPRTANT!

Ravage

...please, Guerrilla?!

And using the touchscreen to move your AI partner around. Seriously, Killzone Liberation 2 will be awesome on the Vita. We need more of these €5.99 projects.

Aw, that's a shame. It's still cheap enough for me to buy and check out myself, at least.

I think a lot of my problems with the game could be fixed in a multiplayer setting, since everyone will be subject to the same experience, and everyone will have to fight with the camera and sometimes boring levels.

What I do like about the game is that it is so focused on its core, there's not a bunch of different gameplay gimmicks or systems in there to distract from it, and that makes it a nice and cohesive experience.

Hmm, I'll probably pick this up at that price, especially as I own both PS3 & Vita - but I REALLY would have preferred this to be in the vein of ReVolt rather than Micro Machines?

Man, I loved the hell out of ReVolt, would really like to see a sequel.

NHale

IGN Review - 8.5

Motorstorm RC is a taste of what arcade gaming used to be like all those years ago. It’s refreshingly simple and doesn’t get bogged down with trying to be the biggest or the fastest and as a result it’s a lot of fun. The idea of being constantly connected to the leaderboards is a stroke of genius, especially because it’ll pull in times for people playing on both Vita and on PS3, but perhaps Motorstorm RC’s crowning glory is its price. This would’ve been a great game for 10 quid or 20 bucks, but at £4.79 / 5.99 Euros (US priced still to be confirmed at the time of writing, but it works out at just under $8) it’s a steal. It’s by no means perfect – the inclusion of proper online multiplayer would’ve added another point – but you’d be hard-pushed to find a game as good as this for the price. If Motorstorm RC is an indication of the kind of quality gaming Vita will offer at such an attractive price then maybe Vita does have what it takes to stay the distance.

I think i know the US price but I don't want to put a foot in my mouth.

Fairly certain this game is gonna be fantastic.
Really excited to get my hands on it.
Eager to try the cross platform stuff.
Evolution is one of my favorite studios, I loved all three motorstorms so much.

Raonak

Banned
So damn cheap as it is, but you get ps3 and psv versions!

It's pricing insanity, but in a good way.

So happy to see Evolution didn't get closed or anything after the lackluster launch of apoclyps3. Game was great, but timing couldn't be worse. :(

So damn cheap as it is, but you get ps3 and psv versions!

It's pricing insanity, but in a good way.

So happy to see Evolution didn't get closed or anything after the lackluster launch of apoclyps3. Game was great, but timing couldn't be worse. :(

I wonder if Evolution will try to make another motorstorm or try fresh and make a new racing ip. maybe if they got Twisted Metal level budget and make WaterStorm. lol

I played it for about 6 hours this weekend. Mostly on one track.

That good enough? =)

gIKWK.jpg

Cannot wait!

Top Bottom