• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

Got my Xbox Day one edition from the auction, game was also day one
qxki.jpg

Manbig

So I'm trying to buy credits for the second chance sweepstakes with my points. The marketplace takes my points, but does NOT give me the credits. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jamix012

There is still a chance to win for those who want. This friday there'll be another set of Target auctions. Just an FYI for fellow GAFfers

Ok, I figure this is as good a place to post this as any!

So, I won an Xbox One through a Canadian contest.

Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!

I need some advice though.

I wasn't planning on buying either console for the next couple years at least. But I was certainly leaning strong in the PS4 camp.
I also recently built a PC that will play all multiplats for the next couple of years at higher settings than either console.

I certainly don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but should I sell the xb1 and buy a ps4 with the money?

That's the console I was planning on buying eventually. And it looks like XB1 is being listed for around $700 on CL in my city, so I could buy a ps4 when it's in stock and have cash to spare. Though, the XB1 will probably only ship after Christmas, so it might not go for quite that much by then.

Or... I could keep the console and proceed with my original plan of getting a ps4 later, have both consoles and just enjoy my good luck :)

A very happy dilemma to be sure! Just thought I'd run it by you guys. Any advice would be appreciated!

border

Did anyone here buy something from the Marketplace?

I got a PAX ticket and they definitely took the points out of my account -- but I haven't received any email confirmation. Do they send out emails for Marketplace purchases?

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
Well, I registered on the 18th of November and, my account finally got activated on the 4th by which time I forgot about this place... :/ But, now I can finally post. I won an auction on the 26th of November. number 3159 to be exact. My sister owed me a few favors so I made her watch the auctions the night I had enough points (or so I thought I did) while I was at work.

Luckily, I found quite a few codes at work and, had her bank them for me. I told her to wait until the last seconds and, Snipe it from someone (or try) until I won one. I was shooting for 3151 but, like I said won 3159. Really glad I sent her the codes too because after my max bids and, won bid, I had 190 points left.

The Feels when I got the text that I won. Jubilation was abundant at that time. A friend was near me at the time and, I told him "Give me a High Five and, then hate me". he asked why would he do that and, I told him I won an Xbox One and, he said "You F***ing Suck".

I just hope they put some controllers back on the marketplace.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
So has anyone else received a shipping Notification? I mean Aztechnology won on the 12th and, got his shipping notification like a month early.(what I mean by that is that in the FAQ it said they would be shipping them 8-12 weeks after you won an auction)

If the time-frame is the same, I would get mine sometime between the 23rd and, 31st since I won 3159 on the 26th as I mentioned in my first post.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. What added bonuses came with your Day One Ryse?

Jallopy

So has anyone else received a shipping Notification? I mean Aztechnology won on the 12th and, got his shipping notification like a month early.(what I mean by that is that in the FAQ it said they would be shipping them 8-12 weeks after you won an auction)

If the time-frame is the same, I would get mine sometime between the 23rd and, 31st since I won 3159 on the 26th as I mentioned in my first post.

I have yet to receive my notification; I also won on the 26th, so I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
Are the auctions still going on? What about the sweepstakes.. I still have caps to put in.

Nah man. Both the Auctions and, the Sweepstakes are done. I tried entering a cap right now but, it only gave me points. What they do have however is the Second Chance Sweepstakes. For every 500 points you spend on the market, you get 1 SCS entry to use.

border

Holy crap -- the Target Auctions for tonight are going for over 100,000 points. For a regular bundle. God only knows how much those poor suckers had to spend to get that many points.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
Holy crap -- the Target Auctions for tonight are going for over 100,000 points. For a regular bundle. God only knows how much those poor suckers had to spend to get that many points.

It's nuts to see them that high. Before I went out to buy chips and, soda, I had worked out a simple system. It's was as follows.

50 Dew (Then price at Walmart $1 per bottle)
50 Doritos 100 point bags (Then price at walmart $1.28)

As you all know, Each cap was worth 100 points so...

50 Dew bottles =5000 points
50 Doritos bags =5000 points

10,000 points but...... Banking them each in 3's (3 Dew & 3 Doritos) you'd get a bonus of
2,500 points

for a grand total of 12,500 points for $114. I'll let you guys work out the math but, the last Target Exclusive Auction went for like 71k or so. I mean sure there are a lot of variables to factor in but, it will give you a rough idea of what they might have spent.

border

Well yeah, generally speaking you don't want to pay more than $1 for a 100-point item. Even if you are able to get Mountain Dew and Doritos packs for $1 each, that still works out to around $100 spent for every 12,500 points.

So to win a 75,000 point auction you'd have to spend around $600. To win a 100,000 point auction you would have to spend $800. Damn that is nuts. As I've said before, I think most of these people got sucked in and bought maybe 30-50K worth of products, and horribly realized that it wouldn't be enough. So they had to spend even more to prevent all those points from going to waste.

Kudos to MountainDew/Sprite for actually keeping their Marketplace stocked though. At least the people who couldn't afford the inflated auctions can buy controllers and other crap.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
They finally restocked the market, eh?

EDIT: GAH! They did do a little restocking. I see controllers but, I'm short. XD I feel like freakin Golum. "It's the Controller, Precious!"

EDITEDIT: You know what, Shameless begging....No, I'm not beneath it. If anyone wants some free XBL membership, PM me. I have a few things lying around. (First come, first serve) After the fact, if you're feeling.....generous, I'll gladly accept the burden of holding onto your points for you. I didn't see anywhere where it said I can't do this.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
Any more emails go out?

Well, Aztechnology won on the 12th and, got his like 4 days ago so hopefully that kind of Time-frame remains and, they all get sent out 3-4 weeks after you won an auction. I keep on checking my email every couple hours even though I know it's not gonna be there until like the 18th-24 (I hope).

EDIT: Well, after actually going back and, actually looking, he got his email on the 3rd of December. That's exactly 3 weeks after he won. If that's the case, I might receive my email in 2 days which would be a most pleasant surprise. Then hopefully receive it a week or less after that.

I have newly rekindled excitement and, hope.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
If anyone has any extra points I'm looking for as many as I can get. Need specifically 8,000 but need more if possible.

I do but, I too am looking for points.

In other news, since your Avatar photo makes me laugh, Have some free XBL membership if you want it. (No you can't resell it if that's what you're thinking., I'll know XD)

EDIT: Send me a PM, I'm going to bed.

EDITEDIT:It came! It Freakin Came!

f57edf17a49bc70f3e391b0bac37b7ed.png

I'm so happy, free XBL membership for everyone. Screw the donation bit. PM me.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
I just home from Work so I'll get back to all who PM'd me.

EDIT: I hope when it gets here, that it'll be a Day One edition like Aztechnology said that he got.

SCE_Syn

Neo Member
I signed up for MyUPS, which gives you an email anytime a package is shipped to you. So unless I ordered some other 16 lbs item, it should be my XBox on the way.

Is it too late for myUPS signup? Tracking wise? I don't know how MyUPS tracking works.

EDIT: Well Never mind. UPS showed up while I was sleeping (Luckily they knocked hard) and, it came just about 10 minutes ago. I've just been sitting there staring at it.

EDITEDIT:I decided to do an Unboxing Video. Sure there are a ton on Youtube but, I've never been able to afford a console this close to the Release date. Also, I got Forza MotorSports 5 so if anyone wants to play or just add me to play another game, my GT is Un4gotenSyn

If you're not going to have anyone to sign for it I'd suggest alternate arrangements through UPS My Choice. I wouldn't want them to just leave the thing on my doorstep while I was away for hours :)

^Yes, top center, and lots of silver in place of some of the normal box art.

I'm not sure if the Day One edition really means much. The controllers seem to have more manufacturing defects (I just got to send mine to M-soft for replacement, paying 10 bucks in the process, thanks Microsoft!). The box is black instead of green. Ok? Still the same box I take it? There's nothing particularly nice about the Day One box. And once it's open you can't really carry it by the handle without the sealing tape in place so... wtf? Oh, and you get stupid Day One achievement.. I guess I already redeemed the one from the Xbox I bought, so maybe I can get the 10 bucks controller shipping back by sellling the code from the one I won...

Top Bottom