• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

I got a rlthousand more points now I have 12000.. Do you thinki can win am xbox one?

Not likely. Unless you go and but about 30k more points by the looks of things. If you decide you'd like to sell those points though, I have my eye on some Marketplace stuff and 12k is exactly what I need to get what I want ;)

I caved and opted for a game. I got Forza for 10,000 points a week or so ago. Anybody know how long it takes to get items from the marketplace?

Centurionomegai

Unconfirmed Member
I got a notification email today that my console has been shipped. It was a Forza Bundle I won on the 19th. They are estimating it will take 7-10 days to arrive.

I dunno, I'm set on Mountain Dew for MONTHS. Pretty sure I'm a winner. When I sit on my throne of 12-packs I feel like a winner.
TadkV.gif

And big whoop, so he kinda tried to sell his points which like 3 percent of were points that you gave away for free. Heck, you didn't even give them specifically to him. Just a random code grab, who did you expect to redeem them, Jesus Christ himself?

Random code grab? I sent them to him by PM. I'm sure there are people here who would have liked those 600 points that actually would have used them. Apparently you weren't one of them.

Sorry, by the "Originally Posted by" quote I thought you were quoting from somewhere in the thread. But the point in general remains, gave it away to some guy on the Internet. Seems like he was making an honest attempt at winning at least. I wouldn't have minded the points back when I was collecting, but as I mentioned, all the people I asked in real life for a little help failed me. In the end you can only really rely on yourself
wtzgU.gif

jadedm17

Random code grab? I sent them to him by PM. I'm sure there are people here who would have liked those 600 points that actually would have used them. Apparently you weren't one of them.

Its 600 points, the collective total of about $5 US in Dew-ritos. Really not the worst thing ever.

Arrived today, auction ~1700 or so. Spent roughly ~$420 so that was fun.

Jallopy

Its 600 points, the collective total of about $5 US in Dew-ritos. Really not the worst thing ever.

Arrived today, auction ~1700 or so. Spent roughly ~$420 so that was fun.

So we're all getting day one units? That's cool. Also, I won with 13 points to spare. So, 600 points ain't nothing to scoff at.

border

I also got my "Your Prize Has Shipped" email today, for a Ryse auction from a couple weeks ago. I think I am going to have to blast through Ryse as quickly as possible, before its trade-in value sinks. It's the shortest and worst-reviewed game of all the launch exclusives so I don't expect to get much for it

ChaosXVI

Well, I am now at 38,000 points...I'm not giving up, I've invested far too much to end up with nothing at this point...but I'm running low on spare cash. Any help from fellow GAFfers would be greatly appreciated, any PMs would make me (and my wallet's) day.

I also got my "Your Prize Has Shipped" email today, for a Ryse auction from a couple weeks ago. I think I am going to have to blast through Ryse as quickly as possible, before its trade-in value sinks. It's the shortest and worst-reviewed game of all the launch exclusives so I don't expect to get much for it

Ryse's mechanics fell short, but I found the story quite enjoyable. The combat is polished, But the enemies feel unfinished. they spent way too much time on mocap, and not enough time on variety. You only get swords shields and javelins, and there are only a handful of enemy types. Thus the game gets tedious, and that is the issue. It's worth a play, but not a buy.

muzzymate

UPS delivered my auction Xbox One and Forza yesterday. Hooray!

Another generous NeoGAFer had gifted me some points earlier in the contest. Now it's my turn to give back to the community. I have 470 points left over; not a lot but hoping it's enough to put someone over the edge. First PM I receive, gets the points. Please only send the request if you are close to something in the marketplace you want or winnings in an auction. Points taken.

ChaosXVI

Still working my way ever closer to in range...Also glad to see that the Xbox One's are in official packaging, I was half expecting them to just be thrown in some crappy brown box with Styrofoam chips and whatnot in it.

muzzymate

Day One edition would just be icing on the cake, doesn't that come with the (eventual) full edition of Killer Instinct?

No. The only differences between the standard and Day One edition is the packed in controller is stamped "Day One 2013" and comes with an extra achievement. The packaging box is black instead of green.

I already have the Day One games that I've played on my Amazon pre-ordered unit. I redeemed the day one codes, for Ryse I didn't even notice what it unlocked, lol. Dead Rising 3 I assume it was the immensely useful chainsaw paddle thing. And Forza.. I have no clue what they gave me. All these Day One cards just say "in game content" on them and I didn't pay much attention when I redeemed.

For anybody wondering. I used points to buy a game on the marketplace. THe game arrived in my mail yesterday... so I assume they are mailing out all games from the marketplace now.

sith ewok

I have 14,675 points. I will entertain any offers for them tonight. Had them on Ebay and they were bid up to 135 bucks, but Ebay pulled the auction due to lottery laws. Not sure why mine was pulled when so many others are going through successfully. At any rate, I don't want to lose my account, so I'm not going to relist them. Figured I would offer them up here - will entertain any realistic offers. If I don't get offers by tomorrow morning, I'll just get some stuff on the marketplace most likely. (I can give you my ebay profile to see my feedback and a photo of my points total if you would like.)

if anyone has extra points they are looking to give away, I'd love to surprise a loved one with an Xbox One for Christmas. I have 12,000 points, so I'd need another like...40k at least.

camsaur

Neo Member
If anyone has any points to spare I'd be much appreciative. I'm probably just going to give up on bidding on the Xbox. Is the headset that is available worth trying to get?

I have 1600 points for sale if you guys just need a bit more. $5 for them all. Also I'll probably get a few more bags of Doritos before the 9th and will give the points for free to the buyer of the 1600 points PM if interested. I have a positive seller feedback on BST thread and on ebay.

It's kind of amazing what CVS deals plus latecomers have done to this thing. 70k for regular auctions now? WTF? In a couple of days there are going to be a lot of bitter folks with 60k+ points and nothing to spend it on.

Centurionomegai

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of amazing what CVS deals plus latecomers have done to this thing. 70k for regular auctions now? WTF? In a couple of days there are going to be a lot of bitter folks with 60k+ points and nothing to spend it on.

We're watching a fairly good example of an economic bubble occur, prices will continue to skyrocket then drop to no value.

Jrs3000

We're watching a fairly good example of an economic bubble occur, prices will continue to skyrocket then drop to no value.

It's over at 2am. Last day 150 xbone left. At the price they are going though they are it looks it's looking like $4-500 if you were buying everything to win.

border

People pumped $300 into the promotion and got maybe 30K-40K points. Prices shot up and now they are willing to spend almost any amount to make sure that money is not lost. It's not so much a bubble as it is a trap where they have to spend another $300 just to make sure the first $300 doesn't get completely lost.

I've got 1,650 points I'm willing to give away.

For anyone who wants them, please PM me a link to a piece of your favorite writing on video games. That can be a feature article, a review or even a Neogaf post, as long as it's though provoking. Please include a one or two sentence synopsis of the piece in the PM and your every2minutes use name. Whoever submits the most interesting link within the next hour or so can have all the points.

Now that the auctions are over, anyone want to help me out with extra points? Want to surprise the roommates with 2 three day passes to PAX East. The boyfriend and I already have 2 and want them to go with us!

Top Bottom