• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

Shady859

I don't drink soda anymore but everyone at my work does. I'll whore the codes just like when they did CoD and Halo exp. Also I assume Dorritos codes will be printed outside the bag....

So wait, the majority of the contest isn't even pure luck? I have to eat a shitload of doritos and Mountain Dew to win a highly contested auction? I guess I'll hope for the sweepstakes side of things.

Rhindle

November 5th? Hint at XB1 release date?
No. The 2005 contest ran weeks/months before the release date. If anything, this confirms a late November release.

So wait, the majority of the contest isn't even pure luck? I have to eat a shitload of doritos and Mountain Dew to win a highly contested auction? I guess I'll hope for the sweepstakes side of things.
1,000 24-packs of Dew should get you a console for sure.

Xbox must be launching Nov 5th.

November 5th? Hint at XB1 release date?

No. The 2005 contest ran weeks/months before the release date. If anything, this confirms a late November release.

First page.

The rules state the console has a late November target release:

R1G2iiW.png

Bsigg12

Eat/drink 700$ of fried/liquefied corn and win a 500$ console.

Some people will do it regardless, and since you have from September 30th to November 5th to start banking points, it really isn't that bad financially. Though, I don't eat chips or drink soda so I'll be relying on others lol

Shady859

Google says the 360 promo started Aug. 28 and the console released Nov 22nd. IIRC they sent me something to sign and return because of prizes value before I received my console. I remember it was a LONG wait since I entered a big pile of codes in the first couple hours..

Some people will do it regardless, and since you have from September 30th to November 5th to start banking points, it really isn't that bad financially. Though, I don't eat chips or drink soda so I'll be relying on others lol

The Wai-fu loves her some Dew and we can probably join forces with my room mate to get some serious points.

every 2 mins for 5 hours a night, so 150 consoles a night for 65 days + black friday = 9750 + 720 for black friday which gives 10470 consoles. Notice the up to 14 weeks delivery though, these aren't launch consoles, you;ll get them at the start of February after the rush.

I see nice calculation... and it also makes sense if its after the launch rush

good luck to those who apply

What's the shelf life on a can of game fuel? I'll probably buy a few 12 packs and get the code from the packaging and put the cabs in the basement. Ten cases would be 3000 points...any chance that would be enough.

rrs

Mountain Dew is nasty.

The flavored stuff is good, regular/diet is not.

So is there gonna be branded Dew cans/bottles like Coke points?

Dew is about the only American soda my wife enjoys. I traded in all vices for carbonated bevs and can swap to Dew if these pop up on the Diet variant. Maybe. Diet Dew tastes pretty bad.

I'd say so.

What's the shelf life on a can of game fuel? I'll probably buy a few 12 packs and get the code from the packaging and put the cabs in the basement. Ten cases would be 3000 points...any chance that would be enough.

Like forever thanks to science.

That'd only be 2000 points. 24 packs are the ones that are worth 300 points and even ten of those wouldn't be enough.

demolitio

The site used to be every1minute.com until they heard about some possible Xbox manufacturing problems.

I guess it's time to work on a kidney stone to get my free shit.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The 2005 contest was framed as "be the first to own an xbox 360"

This isn't framed the same way

Could also be because they had big problems with RROD and replacing the units that weren't working

Will this work for Canadians?
2. Who is eligible to participate in the “Every 2 Minutes ” promotion?
Promotion is open to legal residents of the U.S. residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or
the District of Columbia who are seventeen (17) years of age or older at the time of participation.
For complete detail regarding eligibility, please see the Official Rules
Nope

The 2005 contest was framed as "be the first to own an xbox 360"

This isn't framed the same way

Could also be because they had big problems with RROD and replacing the units that weren't working

Yeah, I got my 360 a week and half before launch. Then again they I'm pretty sure they were having supply issues with that promotion too ( only it was a shortage of games not consoles ). Ended up getting a copy of Kameo and NBA Live as they ran out of the latter ( which I was going to take back for another game anyway ).

Dr. Kaos

Banned
10k x1s are about 5 million dollars. Add in another mil for operational expenses and shipping and the total is about 6 million in prize money.

If we exclude all the many, many, many more millions of dollars that will be used to market these sweeptstakes, how many bottles must be sold to net Mountain Dew 6 million dollars?

12 million bottles? 20?

10 billion plastic Coke bottles were sold in 1997 in the U.S. I assume more are sold today.

Bsigg12

10k x1s are about 5 million dollars. Add in another mil for operational expenses and shipping and the total is about 6 million in prize money.

If we exclude all the many, many, many more millions of dollars that will be used to market these sweeptstakes, how many bottles must be sold to net Mountain Dew 6 million dollars?

12 million bottles? 20?

10 billion plastic Coke bottles were sold in 1997 in the U.S. I assume more are sold today.

Pepsi Co will easily make their money back on this promotion and come away with a nice profit.

Top Bottom