• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

4Scarr

Banned
No you do not get your points back if you lose the auction

Edit; I could've sworn in the rules it said that you do not get your point back if you lose the auction

Edit 2: If I currently have a bid on an Auction, can I also use those Points on other Auctions or in the Marketplace?
No. Points that are currently assigned to a bid on an Auction are reserved for that bid. You can use those points once/if you have been outbid on that Auction.

Can I cancel a bid on an Auction?
No. Points used in a bid cannot be retracted. Points also cannot be refunded while the Auction is live. Once an Auction ends, all points not associated with the winning bid will be returned to the non-winning Participant.

Hi everyone, I would like to win an Xbox One for around 5,000 points, I only have about 2,000 right now. Can you please stop collecting points? Thanks.

No you do not get your points back if you lose the auction

Edit; I could've sworn in the rules it said that you do not get your point back if you lose the auction

Edit 2: If I currently have a bid on an Auction, can I also use those Points on other Auctions or in the Marketplace?
No. Points that are currently assigned to a bid on an Auction are reserved for that bid. You can use those points once/if you have been outbid on that Auction.

Can I cancel a bid on an Auction?
No. Points used in a bid cannot be retracted. Points also cannot be refunded while the Auction is live. Once an Auction ends, all points not associated with the winning bid will be returned to the non-winning Participant.

The first part just mean that you can't use the same lot of points in multiple auctions. So if you have 5K, you can't put 5K into auction one while also using that same 5K in auction 2 at the same time. Once auction one ends though, you get your points back and can use them on a different one that hasn't ended yet.

The second part means that once you enter your points into an auction, you can't cancel your bet on that auction. Either you win or you lose, but your bet is there until that auction ends.

Either way, yes, you get your points back if you lose an auction. On top of that, you get the excess points that were not needed to win back if you win an auction. For example if you bet 5,000 points, but the second highest bid was 1999 points(just as an example), you get the 3,000 points back that you didn't need to win.

falconbox

Banned
I've got about 10,000 points right now, and am aiming for 15,000 for the contest. Thanks to a lot of friends and co-workers who are Dew/Doritos lovers and not using the points, they've given them to me.

I have no clue if I'm in the ballpark, way overboard, or not nearly enough. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Yousty

Neo Member
I've got about 10,000 points right now, and am aiming for 15,000 for the contest. Thanks to a lot of friends and co-workers who are Dew/Doritos lovers and not using the points, they've given them to me.

I have no clue if I'm in the ballpark, way overboard, or not nearly enough. Guess we'll see in a few weeks.
Good lord! And I thought I was doing well for having just reached 5,000.

Yousty

Neo Member
I think 5,000 is good enough to win, at least I hope so. With 150 standard auctions/day I don't think there will be that many people with 10,000+

Yeah, that's what I thought until I found this thread over on Slick Deals. There are LOTS of people on there who have near 100k! People who literally spent over hundreds of dollars buying mountain dew and doritos just to rack up points. There are even some people who have already reached the 150k maximum! And all of these people plan on winning multiple auctions by gifting their points to friends and family members. It's insane. A lot of people on there are estimating that most auction winning bids are going to be in the 20k-25k range, which makes my 5k look like nothing. I HATE that crazy obsessed people who don't even WANT the Xbone are ruining this for the true fans who actually do want the console just so that they can resell them and make money.

Manbig

I actually enjoy Mountain Dew Code Red, but the bottles that are sold around me aren't labeled for the contest. Anyone know an online spot I can buy them in bulk or something?

Chojin

Yeah, that's what I thought until I found this thread over on Slick Deals. There are LOTS of people on there who have near 100k! People who literally spent over hundreds of dollars buying mountain dew and doritos just to rack up points. There are even some people who have already reached the 150k maximum! And all of these people plan on winning multiple auctions by gifting their points to friends and family members. It's insane. A lot of people on there are estimating that most auction winning bids are going to be in the 20k-25k range, which makes my 5k look like nothing. I HATE that crazy obsessed people who don't even WANT the Xbone are ruining this for the true fans who actually do want the console just so that they can resell them and make money.

Sounds like they may be "truer fans" :p

Show your love and respect to dewritoes. How can you game without gamefuel!

Manbig

Currently I have 84,750 points and 417 sweepstakes credits. I better win this damn system!!

image.php

If you ate/drank all of that, you probably won't be around to enjoy it. :(

I'm confused.I had no idea it was for banking codes, I thought I had the chance to win in the 'every two minutes' sweepstakes. Would it have told me as soon as I entered the code if I had won one? Or do I have to wait until November to see?

I'm confused.I had no idea it was for banking codes, I thought I had the chance to win in the 'every two minutes' sweepstakes. Would it have told me as soon as I entered the code if I had won one? Or do I have to wait until November to see?

You have to bet your points in one of the auctions that start in November. Every code gives you 1 sweepstakes entry. Sweepstakes and auctions are separate.

If you have 10,000+ points don't complaint to us lowly 4,000 pointers. We are the ones that should be worried about not having enough! NOT YOU.

You have to bet your points in one of the auctions that start in November. Every code gives you 1 sweepstakes entry. Sweepstakes and auctions are separate.

If you have 10,000+ points don't complaint to us lowly 4,000 pointers. We are the ones that should be worried about not having enough! NOT YOU.

LMAO. Nah, I'm not complaining or anything... I have only 300 points. I don't really buy either of the products. I just thought I could enter the code and instantly know if I won an Xbox One or not. The sweepstakes don't start until November either?

Yousty

Neo Member
Does first auction start at 2am on nov 5th? And is every 2 mins?
The way it works, or at least how I'm interpreting the FAQ, is starting at 2am nov 5th the first auction will go live and then a new auction will go live every 2 minutes after that for the next 5 hours (30 auctions per hour X 5 hours = 150 auctions). So between 2am-7am 150 auctions will go live. Each auction will stay open for 19 hours. The auction that opened at 2am will end at 9pm that same day and then each auction will close every 2 minutes after that. So the auction that opened at 2:02am will close at 9:02pm, 2:04am close at 9:04pm, etc. So between 9pm-2am 150 auctions will close and then at 2am that process will start all over again with 150 new auctions. All of this is EST.

4Scarr

Banned
So those first auctions are open for 19 hours I will wait until the following day when they are only 2 mins long much better chances

Edit: oh I see that's how it's going to work for all of them. Hmm I thought auction was open for only 2 mins. Makes sense now

Yousty

Neo Member
I just want it to start already so my whopping 3500 points can get destroyed.

Yeah, when I first started collecting points I was pretty optimistic that 5k points would be good enough to win an auction...then I started looking around on other forums about this contest. After seeing lots of people with LOTS of points (some have even already hit the max 150k!) I think the current estimate that most auctions will be going for 15k-20k to be pretty accurate. Which sucks because I only have 6k. :-(

So according to the support #, you can gift as many points as you want... no limit... So the majority of us are basically fucked. People with 150,000 points are going to win multiple systems.

Yousty

Neo Member
So according to the support #, you can gift as many points as you want... no limit... So the majority of us are basically fucked. People with 150,000 points are going to win multiple systems.
Yep. Well, the people with 150k are most likely gonna try and win one of the big 4 auctions with trips and whatnot, but yes all the people with 100k+ (which there are LOTS) are going to win an auction and then gift points to all their friends and family members to win even more auctions. That's why the current estimate of it taking around 20k to win an auction are probably pretty accurate. Really fucking sucks that once again a small minority out there are ruining it for everyone. PepsiCo could have prevented that from happening by not allowing gifting.

Yep. Well, the people with 150k are most likely gonna try and win one of the big 4 auctions with trips and whatnot, but yes all the people with 100k+ (which there are LOTS) are going to win an auction and then gift points to all their friends and family members to win even more auctions. That's why the current estimate of it taking around 20k to win an auction are probably pretty accurate. Really fucking sucks that once again a small minority out there are ruining it for everyone. PepsiCo could have prevented that from happening by not allowing gifting.

The only thing with the 4 big trips is only 4 people can win. So once those are gone they will all be snatching up the little auctions. Such as dumb rule.

falconbox

Banned

Jesus, the people in that thread...

I've got a little over 10,000 right now. Using a little basic math, at my current rate, I can get about 30,000 by the end of November. Hopefully that will be enough to win towards the end of the auction on December 9th.

Ugh. I guess I need to decide if I want to quit while I'm behind, or double down and stock up on Doritos and Dew that would last me for a year, and try to compete with the crazies.

Fox Mulder

Ugh. I guess I need to decide if I want to quit while I'm behind, or double down and stock up on Doritos and Dew that would last me for a year, and try to compete with the crazies.

I quit, can't compete with 100k points. Maybe I'll get lucky with a sweepstakes code. I'll be hitting the gym to work off all this dew, doritos, and taco bell. goddamn console launches.

Jamix012

I stopped because of my college break, but am back in the race. Just crossed 21,000 points and 164 sweeps. I'd like to think I have a shot at the basic model.

Do y'all think 8,000 is reasonable? Did the 360 have a promotion like this? If I don't when one with these points I'm gonna slap myself. Hard!

Damn this is starting to look like a big waste. Why wouldn't the crazies just buy the Xbox one instead of banking insane amounts of codes?

Damn this is starting to look like a big waste. Why wouldn't the crazies just buy the Xbox one instead of banking insane amounts of codes?

It's actually pretty smart. IF they win they will have made a pretty big profit. Say it cost's $200 to hit the 150,000 point limit (just a guess), with that amount of points you should be able to win at least 2 if not more standard auctions, and maybe even a sweepstakes. Even if you only win once, you still saved $300 on a $500 system. Considering most will probably win more than one, you can see the reasoning. Plus at least a few of the guys on SD are scavenging for codes so they aren't paying for all their points.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Some people get the codes from people who could care less about the promotion. I have like 400 points lol.

This thread is just reaffirming my choice not to try too hard on this promotion... I just can't compete with the people that already have thousands of points :(

Top Bottom