• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew Xbox One Promotion - www.every2minutes.com

I bought my first pack of Doritos last night, and while I haven't emptied the bag, there doesn't seem to be any code at all. Is it supposed to be printed on the inside of the bag, or is it a separte insert? Yes, it is a "specially marked package", and claims to be worth 200 points.

It's printed on the inside of the bag in thin black font. Took me a while to see it when I looked.

Jamix012

I bought my first pack of Doritos last night, and while I haven't emptied the bag, there doesn't seem to be any code at all. Is it supposed to be printed on the inside of the bag, or is it a separte insert? Yes, it is a "specially marked package", and claims to be worth 200 points.

Just as a heads up the rules state that you can only have 1000 Codes "and/or" 150,000 points. So if you are only entering low point value codes then you may hit the maximum number of allowable codes before you hit the maximum number of allowable points. Though I'm not sure if anyone is really planning on buying 1000 bags of Doritos in the next couple months :)

The rules also state that you can be sent a free code for every self-addressed stamped envelope you send to the contest's address. Have you tried that yet? Any idea how many points that gives? Assuming that you can get 100 points for the price of two stamps, that would be the most efficient way to collect points.

Right, I'm not gonna hit the maximum anyway, I'm only at 92 codes right now and don't think I'm gonna hit 1000 unless someone donates them for whatever reason. Also I think you only get a sweeps entry from the card THOUGH I wouldn't know because I haven't tried. Besides even if I do, I'm averaging around 125 points per code I've entered so I'd hit 125,000. But no, I'm not considering it. I'd also forgotten the ceiling was 150,000: I'm not even going to try for it. I kind of assume the guys who get all the "premium" awards are gonna be those bidding 150,000 or at least close to that.

border

I kind of assume the guys who get all the "premium" awards are gonna be those bidding 150,000 or at least close to that.

I don't know how there are going to settle that issue, since certainly more than a few people are going to hit the cap. So what happens when they all bid? Do they just give it to the first person that bids?

I mean, free in the sense that while I pay no additional money to what I'd already do, I exchange a mediocre lunch meal for a shitty one of diet mountain dew and a pack of Doritos. I've reached 10650 points. Still going pretty strong.

Just a few tips, although one of them may unfortunately be too late:
Get the 75 point Dorito Packs, they are much more likely to have 2 codes on the inside than the 100 or 200 points ones from experience. I'd say maybe 1 in 8? Conversely I havent' had 2 codes from a 100 point pack after having banked probably around 20-30 of them.
I signed up to the dewsletter and recieved an extra 100 points last night. Though it may have been that you had to sign up prior to last night...
Strangley if you're looking for $/point efficiency, the cheaper packs of either product is the better bet.
Commonly known but: remember to bank doritos and dew together for an extra 50 points.

I've yet to see any smaller packages than the 200 point medium bags and even those are a rarity where I live at. :\

But, right now I'm at 900 points, with around 2000 points in unredeemed caps as I'm saving those so I can enter those codes in with a Doritos code. If only Doritos was as easy to consume as Mountain Dew.

I mean, free in the sense that while I pay no additional money to what I'd already do, I exchange a mediocre lunch meal for a shitty one of diet mountain dew and a pack of Doritos. I've reached 10650 points. Still going pretty strong.
I heard that if you eat real food for lunch, you can win living longer.

Jamix012

I heard that if you eat real food for lunch, you can win living longer.

I'm not concerned that 2 months of eating shit for lunch will put a dent in my life expectancy given that I eat fairly well outside of it and that, being that I was an internationally performing athelete at high school and early college level for seven yesrs, it probably won't hit me too hard. Granted I'm not the same athelete I used to be but I still work out like 6-8 hours a week (as opposed to 14-20.)

4Scarr

Banned
getting ready to hit the 15k mark. I will be happy with the basic set and then no more bidding :) just hope they show the real time bid amount and not blind bidding

I wish I knew exactly how the contest works. Every two minutes is quick... So do we just pick a time and bid a set number of caps! Most caps on tat auction wins.. If there is a tie... It's Radom? And if you lose do you lose your points?

I wish I knew exactly how the contest works. Every two minutes is quick... So do we just pick a time and bid a set number of caps! Most caps on tat auction wins.. If there is a tie... It's Radom? And if you lose do you lose your points?

Every cap is worth points. You spend the points to bid in an auction. Highest bid wins. Not sure what they do with a tie (probably random or first top bid wins). If you don't win the auction, you get all of your points back.

I believe you can also use the points to enter a sweepstakes where they randomly draw one winner (per day?).

I wish this contest was more like what they did with the 360 where they were all random drawings. I won that by entering one code. That will be much harder this time.

I'm thinking about getting into this, but I haven't started yet. Am I too late? I thought that as long as you redeem a code a day during the sweepstakes, you have a chance (albeit a insignificant one) to win during that 24 hour period?

I guess the bidding is where it's going to be at, though?

sith ewok

Wow. I thought I had a lot of points at 650. You people consume a lot of dew and doritos. lol.

Actually, the doritos bags haven't shown up around me, yet. Just the dew 12 packs and 20 oz bottles...

Every cap is worth points. You spend the points to bid in an auction. Highest bid wins. Not sure what they do with a tie (probably random or first top bid wins). If you don't win the auction, you get all of your points back.

I believe you can also use the points to enter a sweepstakes where they randomly draw one winner (per day?).

I wish this contest was more like what they did with the 360 where they were all random drawings. I won that by entering one code. That will be much harder this time.

Every code you enter gives you 1 sweepstakes entry. You can put any number of sweepstakes entries into any sweeps but you do not get them back if you lose.

I like the way the Taco Bell one works a lot more... but that burrito.. soooo gross. I can eat Doritos, and I can drink Diet Dew all day. I don't think I have much of a chance to compete with the scavengers though.

Yousty

Neo Member
How many points are people up to now? Just curious what I should be shooting for to have any chance of winning an auction.

X2dWsEil.jpg

I can't find it. Maybe you can't do it from the mobile site.

So I assume that the auction and what not are exclusive to the U.S program? Not seeing anything on the Canadian site. Also, entered my code from a 12 pack of mountain dew and only got one equivalency? Thought it would be worth more.

FHIZ

I can't even find any Xbox One branded stuff, and I'm in a heavily populated area.

Oh well, judging by the numbers some of you all are posting, I was probably never going to get enough to even have a chance.

Fox Mulder

Isn't it just cheaper to buy the Xbox itself now?

If you're buying tons of Doritos and Mountain Dew specifically for this, then at some point, sure.

People eat this stuff all the time already, and codes can be taken from family, friends, or coworkers that don't care about this promotion. I've got half of my total points for free. I haven't even really increased my Dew intake yet.

Shady859

so can I get diet mountain dew? Not touching Doritos... I'm not down to getting fat just to get a Xbone.

Yea it's on diet dew as well. It's the only soda I drink although that's just here and there at work. Which as a huge tease shows the Xbone branded bottle but spits out old stock.

As far as points totals talk i'm up to 650 banked and like 17? pictures of cap codes. I kept asking people to take pics of their caps and now they just txt me codes. Zero confidence in winning this time (won a 360) as it's not random and idiots will invest hundreds into trying to win.

Top Bottom