• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Move over Master Chief, Xbox has a new mascot

Could Master Chief be replaced as Xbox's mascot?

• Yes

Votes: 61 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 99 61.9%

• Total voters

cireza

The characters and humor are pretty good in HiFi Rush indeed.

I still think that Masterchief is the right mascot, but they simply have to kick things out and do something entirely new with him.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
All these Hifi-Rush avatars trying to make Chai happen

Fetch Mean Girls GIF

Entering language decoding process...

/answer: Chai tea on Christmas

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Aren't they trying to instert themselves into the japanese market? How's the Chief perceived amongst the japanese? A change of mascot might not be a bad idea, but I dunno, maybe they like him already.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think we need to talk about Hi Fi Rush and some Xbox fans extreme reactions cause things are already getting out of hand.

I think people like a game and want to express their love in a typical nerdy way.

Who cares man.

Mascots 🤡

Did anyone else burst out with laughter? Anyway, gamepass is xboxs new mascot. It's something you buy the system for and is the most attractive in their ecosystem.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I’m feel pretty certain a Japanese centric/anime character is the last thing MS would want as the face of Xbox considering it’s their worst performing market by far.

Last edited:
I’m feel pretty certain a Japanese centric/anime character is the last thing MS would want as the face of Xbox considering it’s their worst performing market by far.
It's basically a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It's a Japanese team doing a western art style. Reminds me of Avatar, or Legend of Korra, not necessarily anime. His face and expressions look like Aladdin.

Last edited:
I'd want to do an age demographic breakdown on who thinks so and who doesn't, being born in the 90s and raised in the 00 Chai gives me nostalgic vibes of cartoons I grew up with so I have my inherent biases but if you are in 35+ probably see him as more annoying than me. But he seems to have resonated with many people along with 808...A lovable dumbass is an easier sell in 2023 than a gruff marine.

I guess, but the game feels very ‘anime’ from what I’ve played so far.

Either way I don’t think the game or character really resonates with the ‘dude bro’/mature audience they’re going for.
It's a very interesting mix. The villains have like manga freeze frame poses lol. The influences are all over the place.

One game.

ONE GAME.

And this is the result.

Unbelievable.
No ones making "move over chief, Andreas from Pentiment is the new protagonist of this brand"...hi fi is a hit for a reason...its easy to imagine a brand outside of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on an animated show.

Last edited:

GHG

No ones making "move over chief, Andreas from Pentiment is the new protagonist of this brand"...hi fi is a hit for a reason...its easy to imagine a brand outside of the world. Wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on an animated show.

If this isn't a parody then I don't even know what to say.

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

NickFire

Now you know how I felt all last year hearing people talk about Elden Ring.
Oh my sides. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, and not denying that people praised ER endlessly (justifiably). But no, just no. This is not comparable. Not even a little. There's just no comparison between praise for a third party game like ER that wins tons of awards, and the unusual fervor over every random 1st party "small but quaint" game.

Top Bottom